Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

PC Gamer adds minor details and unconfirmed story spoiler

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By PhatSeeJay

With the scans of PC Gamer hitting the web, a few new tidbits of information surfaced.

• Tali is confirmed squad member
    • There will be no new love interests in ME3
    • If you didn't remain loyal to your ME1 love interest, shit will happen. Whatever that may be, though they do emphasize on having to prove loyalty again to improve the war effort.

And the big thing:
    • Cerberus wants Shepard dead because they now work for the Reapers.

Though this has been met with a comment from the Bioware forums:

Christ Priestly:

While there is indeed an article in PC Gamer, keep in mind unless the article says "Casey Hudson said..." or similar, what they are writing is their take on the information they have seen (this applies to ALL media/magazines/websites, etc).

Don't get too worked up on any one item until you hear it confirmed by BioWare someplace.

So do you reckon this holds truth?

Would make sense to me. If they are going to do whatever it takes to save the human race, why not join the enemy to ensure human dominance once the Reapers are finished doing their thing?
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

Holy shit. I gave that sonofabitch the Collectors Base!

I'm going to have to fight a fucking Megazord, aren't I? :(

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

They could not have let that slip...right?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gabriel

Meh, I liked working for the Illusive Man can't say I'm thrilled with him working for someone.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Yes, Cerberus were working to beat the Reapers, but now they're just gonna switch sides.

Or, PC Gamer saw Cerberus enemies using Reaper technology acquired from the Collector's Base, and brainfarted.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By imsh_pl
    @PhatSeeJay: Use a spoiler tag please!
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @imsh_pl:  what part of "unconfirmed story spoiler" in the bloody  title was hard to understand?
    Not going to put a spoiler tag on a sentence in a thread I have clearly put the name spoiler on.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

I'm sure they could pull some crazy loophole to explain why Cerberus are working for the Reapers if that turned out to be the case. Something involving them engineering Shepard to become the most suitable candidate for the first Human Reaper, or something. Or of course ole TiMmy got himself indoctrinated.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By EuanDewar

So fucking glad I nuked that Reaper-Human thing into oblivion now.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By N7
    @PhatSeeJay:  This could be a Mass Effect 2 spoiler... I don't know. View at your own risk. It has to do with the very end of the game though.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm
    @Dany said:
    " They could not have let that slip...right? "
    I just spoiled the fucking game for me. Fuckin' goddamn it.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @N7 said:
    " @PhatSeeJay:  This could be a Mass Effect 2 spoiler... I don't know. View at your own risk. It has to do with the very end of the game though.

"

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By phrosnite

What? This is just stupid! If this is true I will be very disappointed!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee
    @N7 said:
    " @PhatSeeJay:  This could be a Mass Effect 2 spoiler... I don't know. View at your own risk. It has to do with the very end of the game though.

"
    I wouldn't put it past the story to find out that even Shepard unknowingly has a bit of a Reaper in him. Would somewhat explain the neo-Terminator transformation he underwent through the Renegade path. I recall reading that the technology used to rebullt him featured Reaper tech as well.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By N7
    @PhatSeeJay:  Man, this is exciting stuff to speculate on. I haven't been this excited to discuss a video game since MGS4 or Peace Walker.

So many possibilities. So many outcomes.
    roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By roughneck117
    @N7:  I dunno about Timmy being a reaper himself, but the idea of him being indoctrinated seem possible. As for the ending where everyone dies...well from what Ive read in that GI magazine with ME3 stuff in it, it almost feels like Bioware is going to invalidate that ending somehow. Everything Ive read there points to Shepard being alive, and the events of Arrival also seem to point to that being the case. It almost makes me think that Bioware may create a game where if Shepard died with everyone else in ME2, the game starts up, and then goes to a long cutscene where they show that without Shepard and his team, the Reapers killed and indoctrinated everyone and took over the galaxy easily.....

....and if they did this it would be FUCKING AWESOME.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @N7: Definitely the fortunes with ME3. A lot of shit stretching over three games to speculate over.

@Abyssfull:
    Yeah there have got to be more to Shepard's revival than a simple thing of good will from Cerberus. There must be something hidden in that tech with Reaper shit all over it. Maybe they'll try to indoctrinate Shepard during the game.

No Caption Provided

Oh and one more thing. Who's this guy? There's no caption about him in the article and he doesn't look like Cerberus.
    That James Sanders guy perhaps?
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By N7
    @roughneck117: Unfortunately  they have already said that if you die at the end of ME2, you cannot import your save into ME3. It even says that in the loading screens, ironically enough. Though, that would be pretty awesome to see. Just start it up and hear a clusterfuck going on with people screaming bloody murder and then you see Earth with a "Reapers Were Here" sign burnt into it from space.

But what I meant about the "errybody dead" scenario is how he seems much more... "evil". If you've seen it, you know what I mean. That could be a hint at his true intentions and an inside look into what he could be brewing up for ME3. Especially since we already know he's pissed off and trying to kill Shepard and his crew... Makes me wonder about Loyal Jacob/Miranda, or the not-loyal versions.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Jimbo

"Cerberus wants Shepard dead because they now work for the Reapers."

That would be the dumbest fucking thing ever, so... I really hope not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yummylee
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @N7: Definitely the fortunes with ME3. A lot of shit stretching over three games to speculate over.

@Abyssfull:
    Yeah there have got to be more to Shepard's revival than a simple thing of good will from Cerberus. There must be something hidden in that tech with Reaper shit all over it. Maybe they'll try to indoctrinate Shepard during the game.

No Caption Provided
    Oh and one more thing. Who's this guy? There's no caption about him in the article and he doesn't look like Cerberus.That James Sanders guy perhaps? "
    Or the 4th Carmine brother ;P
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @N7: Definitely the fortunes with ME3. A lot of shit stretching over three games to speculate over.

@Abyssfull:

No Caption Provided
    Oh and one more thing. Who's this guy? There's no caption about him in the article and he doesn't look like Cerberus.That James Sanders guy perhaps? "
    Or the 4th Carmine brother ;P "
    Will there be an avatar t-shirt voting for his survival too? :P
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By N7
    @PhatSeeJay:  He's just a random soldier. There's another one in the page before it.

They don't appear to be anyone special. But come to think of it, you know what would be awesome? A Shepard-rival. Like that episode in Star Trek where Kirk runs into his old academy-mate who always picked on him and played crazy pranks. Except, it's more in lieu with The Rock from Fast Five. Just someone to be there who's just as good as Shepard... Maybe... Maybe a renegade N7 operative hired by Cerberus under the guise that Shepard is doing more harm than good?

Dude, I totally just got a nerd boner. I can't wait for this game. Oh my god.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Edwardryu

if some of you believe this is spoiler, you are wrong. you don't even know how game looks like entirely even though we saw few screenshots. level design or plot could always change anytime. so it's not fucking spoiler at all. it's just little information.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#24  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If this was true, this would be really dumb.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By TheHT

The Cerberus thing seems like a really really really big stretch.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By mracoon

I hate the whole idea of being punished for not staying 'loyal' to your original love interest. Maybe if they let me pursue Liara again in ME2 then I could understand but when I asked her to join my team she explicitly rejected my offer. It's not like we were married or even going out so why would she even care about what I did afterwards?

It makes even less sense to punish you if you chose Ashley as the romance option in ME1 because she totally blanks you for working with Cerberus.

Hia7us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hia7us

• "If you didn't remain loyal to your ME1 love interest, shit will happen. Whatever that may be, though they do emphasize on having to prove loyalty again to improve the war effort."

Well...Liara pissed is not going to be a good thing.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Red

Kinda bummed at the lack of new LIs. Was hoping for a Female Turian to get with, but, then again, so much poop is going down in that game that shoving in a relationship would be a little much. 

Still, I've always thought that Jane Shepard gets much better options in Mass Effect. Thane, Garrus, and Kaidan are way better than Space Racist, Apathetic Daddy Issues, and Tattooed stripper. At least we get Tali.
    jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By jkuc316

Shit I spared the Collector Base so I am DOOMED!

But that was my Renegade Female Shepard

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Karkarov

If you read the most recent ME novel the Illusive Man makes his stance pretty clear.  He wants humanity to be dominant period.  If that means implanting humanity with reaper tech and turning them into something that isn't really human anymore?  Shit happens.  Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.  So would Cerberus working for the Reapers surprise me?  Not at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.