Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Rumor: ME3 DLC "The Truth" due out April.

• 76 results
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By FreakAche

This is starting to make me think of Alan Wake for some reason. Games should end in the actual game, not in add-ons that only a segment of the fanbase will play.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By N7

Open your minds. You know it to be true.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Grixxel

This is where I post citizen kane clapping .gif, but can't.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Quarters

I deeply question the validity of this. Could go either way, though I'm leaning more towards no.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By gatehouse

@WinterSnowblind said:

I want to believe.

As do I. I mean, I didn't hate the ending, I just want more ending.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Red

I'm pretty sure all these Mass Effect 3 ending indoctrination rumors are fake, but I sure hope they aren't.

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By wsowen02

@Sooty said:

@HubrisRanger said:

@Sooty said:

@wsowen02 said:

Fake.

But EA has given out free DLC before. Burnout Paradise anyone?

In 2008 there was much less consumer gouging though, we're in a different era now. :(

What about in 2010? With this same franchise?

Wasn't it one weapon pack and the DLC if you bought the game new? At least that was free, now you don't even get day one DLC free it seems, wonder if this will happen in future EA titles now.

The "Firewalker" pack was free as well. It was crap but it was still 5 or 6 missions.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By MikeFightNight

@Gatehouse said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

I want to believe.

As do I. I mean, I didn't hate the ending, I just want more ending.

@Red said:

I'm pretty sure all these Mass Effect 3 ending indoctrination rumors are fake, but I sure hope they aren't.

I just read through the whole indoctrination theory thing and I I feel like a lot of it is grasping at air. The one thing I can agree on is that when Shepard is

'forced' to shoot Anderson and recieves the same wound

things start to get hella weird. Either way, if they use DLC to tie up loose ends that should of been dealt with in the original release, that is just plain bad.

If this really is free, and really does add a substantial amount of content and closure for the different endings that could of been chosen, that is awesome, because the montages they cobbled together for them in the original realese is pathetic.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Bwast

@Brodehouse said:

@Bwast

@Brodehouse said:

Requiring you to buy a new copy in order to get the real ending would be the ultimate fucking move. GameStop would lose their shit.

Am I reading this right? You're defending a rumor? It's not even known to be true and yet you're here, waving that Bioware flag, proud and strong. Please tell me I'm missing something, no one can be this blindly devoted to defending a video game company.

What the hell are you talking about? There is nothing I said that remotely resembles what you're trying to pin on me. You're putting words in my mouth and that's fucking low. I would find it hilarious if they put the ending behind a CD Key. Which is exactly what I said.

I thought you were snidely comparing gamestop getting pissed over new game endings to paying customers getting pissed about DLC endings.

It wouldn't have been the first time you defended Bioware while hiding behind an analogy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Bwast

@Brodehouse said:

@Bwast

@Brodehouse said:

Requiring you to buy a new copy in order to get the real ending would be the ultimate fucking move. GameStop would lose their shit.

Am I reading this right? You're defending a rumor? It's not even known to be true and yet you're here, waving that Bioware flag, proud and strong. Please tell me I'm missing something, no one can be this blindly devoted to defending a video game company.

What the hell are you talking about? There is nothing I said that remotely resembles what you're trying to pin on me. You're putting words in my mouth and that's fucking low. I would find it hilarious if they put the ending behind a CD Key. Which is exactly what I said.

I thought you were snidely comparing gamestop getting pissed over new game endings to paying customers getting pissed about DLC endings.

It wouldn't have been the first time you defended Bioware while hiding behind an analogy.

What the fuck is the matter with you? Seriously?
    Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Bwast

@Brodehouse: You made a Rockstar thread with the sole purpose of defending Bioware. You champion for that company, you can forgive me for reading your posts with a presumptuous eye. You'll probably want to make another indignant response. Just know going in - I don't care. You're guilty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Bwast

@Brodehouse: You made a Rockstar thread with the sole purpose of defending Bioware. You champion for that company, you can forgive me for reading your posts with a presumptuous eye. You'll probably want to make another indignant response. Just know going in - I don't care. You're guilty.

You picked a fight with a stranger and now you're acting like a self-righteous jackass.
    Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@Bwast said:

Judge Bwast has spoken!

This Mass Effect ending is really bringing out the crazies...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Marz said:

this isn't the first time this stuff was mentioned on these forums.

imooumoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By imooumoo

I hate reading stuff like this. It's never true. ALSO NOTE: This appears to be a thread on /v/ on 4chan. Don't believe a thing coming out of there. I'm sorry guy's, I wish it were true as well. If it were it would be the greatest fan service that could happen. It's not true though, and that is the most disheartening.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Brodehouse said:

@Bwast

You picked a fight with a stranger and now you're acting like a self-righteous jackass.
    This is like the start of some meme. Or maybe this dude is role-playing on Giant Bomb with a novelty account.  

The character he's role-playing is "Dude Who Plays Clue Aggressively, And Is Always Wrong."
    imooumoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By imooumoo

@Brodehouse: Do not worry about it man. Mass Effect franchise ending has brought out the worst in people. I've tried being good to all but nobody fucking cares. They just want someone or something to hate.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Wikitoups

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Well to be honest, if they did release this, it would have to be free at this point. You can't release games with false endings and then charge people money to see the real one. Still suspicious though...

pretty sure that happened to prince of persia 2008. God damn that ending.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@James_Giant_Peach: I felt like ME 3 was worth it.... it could have ended with a giant TOO BE CONTINUED, and I would be ok with paying for more DLC.

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By wsowen02

@Wikitoups said:

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Well to be honest, if they did release this, it would have to be free at this point. You can't release games with false endings and then charge people money to see the real one. Still suspicious though...

pretty sure that happened to prince of persia 2008. God damn that ending.

And for $15 too right? I actually really enjoyed that game. Wish they had continued that series. I guess AC has more potential for exploitation.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Delphic

Mostly seem to think this is fake, so I'm inclined to go with the majority here. Still it would be pretty awesome if it were true. It would make BioWare the biggest trolls of all time.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By Zereta

@Sooty said:

@wsowen02 said:

Fake.

But EA has given out free DLC before. Burnout Paradise anyone?

In 2008 there was much less consumer gouging though, we're in a different era now. :(

Not to mention the rumor that the reason the ending was borked was due to a last minute change. EA is EA, but they still have the capacity, with Bioware especially, to do right by their fans and release free content, especially when its the fucking ending to a persistent trilogy that is the subject

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By Whitestripes09

Really? If this is the fakest thing in the world then why are the developers going on the official game forums and saying this:http://www.cinemablend.com/games/BioWare-Discuss-Mass-Effect-3-Ending-Soon-40515.html

for people who dont want to read on the website here it is in text:

"We appreciate everyone’s feedback about Mass Effect 3 and want you to know that we are listening," BioWare's Chris Priestly said on the company forums. "Active discussions about the ending are more than welcome here, and the team will be reviewing it for feedback and responding when we can. Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game. In the meantime, we’d like to ask that you keep the non-spoiler areas of our forums and our social media channels spoiler free."

"We understand there is a lot of debate on the Mass Effect 3 ending and we will be more than happy to engage in healthy discussions once more people get to experience the game. We are listening to all of your feedback."

This doesn't mean we should stop voicing our opinions though. If anything, we should keep up with the petitions and hopefully we will get the true ending and hopefully it will be free.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Free? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-5a765be3dc058
    deactivated-5a765be3dc058

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just wrapping my head around why, if this were true, they'd keep it a secret. Like, if they decided to scrap the original, leaked, ending and just pushed the one we got out the door to meet the deadline why not tell us what's happening? Especially if this supposed DLC is going to be free.

I suppose it'd hurt initial sales and some people would be pissed about it. At the same time, this isn't exactly the kind of game that drops to $40 after a month so those lost sales would come right on back if they locked it behind the online pass. Most of that anger would probably be directed away from Bioware because they would have basically done it to save us and as a "fuck you" to whoever leaked it too.

Anyway, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I am cautiously optimistic. It would also be pretty hilarious to see the reactions of all those people frothing over how Bioware let them down, though.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By Phatmac

Man Mass Effect 3 could have been the best game ever… Fucking ending ruined that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.