Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Better DLC Value Proposition: Pinnacle Station or Bring Down the Sky?

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By haethos
    haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By haethos

After buying both of them and playing through them on my second playthrough, I can't help but think that Pinnacle Station was a much better value proposition than Bring Down the Sky.  

Bring Down the Sky featured a bit of a story, voice acting, but all it boiled down to for me was just another generic planet (asteroid in this case, I guess) that I did a side-mission quest chain on. The ~2 hours or so it took to complete didn't really make it stand out in my mind as a good purchase.

Pinnacle Station had a pretty challenging set of missions (the last four) that forced me to level my Shepard up on other side-missions before coming back. While the combat in ME can be super jank at times, I never felt like I was unable to complete a mission because of it's flaws. I felt that I could complete them all with relative ease, with the exception of the last "Capture" mission, where I ended up retrying it for ~30 min or so because I kept missing the top time by a few tenths of a second. After everything was all done, I got a cushy pad on some planet too, and an awesome loot generator!

As they were both 400 points when I purchased them, I honestly feel like Pinnacle Station, while lacking story, really enhanced my gameplay experience while Bring Down the Sky felt like much less content for the same price. 

So I ask you guys, what was the better value proposition?        

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I enjoy story, and Bring Down The Sky has a neat bit of additional fiction that's worth checking out.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

I clicked Pinnacle but I meant Bring Down the Sky. 
    Bring Down the Sky just had a much better choice at the end, and introduced a cool new race of characters.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tylea002

Bring down the sky, because mass effect is about story, though I did LOVE the salarian from pinnacle station. Oh sarcastic salarian, how I love you.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I enjoyed Pinnacle Station because it made me pick up the game I love so much and play it again with new content, but Bring Down the Sky did that too with better story :P

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Bigandtasty

Bring Down the Sky. More length means nothing if it's boring.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Venatio

Bring Down the Sky was alot better and it should be the one people buy because it introduced some interesting story and the Batarians 

All things considered though, Bioware should make better DLC in the future

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By mracoon

Pinnalce Station is terrible. It's all combat focused and that's not the best aspect of Mass Effect in the slightest.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

I enjoyed "Bring Down the Sky" more because it doesn't detract from the main game.  It features a well-fleshed out side-mission, of which you can decide the outcome for, pretty much what you're doing throughout the entire game.  I felt that "Pinnacle Station" focused on the lackluster combat that Mass Effect offers, but it was a fun experience all around.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By Atlas

Pinnacle Station has more achievements. Done.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Bring Down The Sky. There's no competition here.

Pinnacle Station was a mess. It tried to introduce multiplayer shooter style modes into a game where the shooting is NOT it's strongpoint.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.