I hate the 'Completionist' Achievement

#1 Posted by Hargreaves93 (234 posts) -

I tried to play through Mass Effect but this time trying to do every side mission I could. I did every single mission I found, all side missions and story missions that were availabe to me and still no achievement! I don't know where the other quests were supposed to be but it annoyed me when I completed the game before and didn't get any achievement for it. Oh well, at least I levelled up and pimped out my Shepherd I guess haha!

#2 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Did you travel to all the barren planets to collect all the useless crap (prothean discs, minerals etc.)?

#3 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

every achievement in mass effect is a bitch so im not suprised
#4 Posted by Monte (229 posts) -

If you don't like it don't get it...

#5 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

I got this on my first playthrough without ever going for it.

None of the ME achievements are hard, just semi-time consuming.

#6 Posted by SwiprNOSEwipng (25 posts) -

I'm pretty sure in order to get it you have to have every member of your crew loyal to you.

What probably ended up happening was either you forgot to do someones loyalty quests or you didn't have high enough Renegade/Paragon points and lost a members loyalty.

#7 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

You have to complete about 3/4 of the missions in the game. Story missions are weighted more heavily than side missions, and you don't need to worry about collecting prothean discs or any of that mindless collection bullshit. This is also how you get the ally achievements as well. You can find a pretty good guide here.

#8 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2384 posts) -

Yeah I love mass effect, but the achievements take forever and kinda are a bitch toget.

#9 Posted by Brendan (7837 posts) -

@monte said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding this seems a little extreme. If you're talking about the game, then I think you could just play it and not worry about that particular achievement.

#10 Posted by Monte (229 posts) -
@Brendan said:

@monte said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding this seems a little extreme. If you're talking about the game, then I think you could just play it and not worry about that particular achievement.

I was talking about the achievement
#11 Posted by Eversoranimus (122 posts) -

After S ranking ME2 I've been thinking about going back and S ranking ME but I just can't see myself playing it again after ME2

#12 Posted by Brendan (7837 posts) -

@monte said:

@Brendan said:

@monte said:

I was talking about the achievement

My bad.

#13 Posted by XenoNick (1450 posts) -

@Eversoranimus said:

After S ranking ME2 I've been thinking about going back and S ranking ME but I just can't see myself playing it again after ME2

I'm pretty much in the same situation.

#14 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I don't remember this being difficult, but I always went out of my way to do everything in Mass Effect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.