Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Mass Effect is a good video game (video)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Amid somewhat of an existential crisis (I won't bore you with the details) I have determined that the mass effect series is really incredible. I decided to play the series again (but on PC as I have recently ascended to the master race) and felt like this series of side missions was neat and worth sharing.

Sorry the quality isn't great, I probably could have futzed with some settings in the video editor that I downloaded, but I... didn't want to.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Mass Effect 1 has a decent story but none of it is engaging enough to deal with the gameplay, which ranges from "OK" to "outright bad". It's a third person shooter and it isn't very good at being a third person shooter. You can argue for the game's greater complexity, but I think that Mass Effect 2's "streamlining" the skill point distribution and... well, practically everything else, helped that game a whole lot. I tried to play through ME1 earlier this year and I just couldn't stick with it. I didn't want to power through the gameplay for a story that I had already heard twice.

I finally jumped to Mass Effect 2 and, yep, that game remains one of the best of this generation. Mass Effect 3 has its good parts but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as 2.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jimipeppr

@believer258: I can, however, argue that the biotic physics in ME1 are hilarious (until I end up flopping on the ground, unable to move during the Benezia fight).

Also, Mako is op.

Also also, I prefer the design of the SR1 Normandy to the SR2.

Also as well, I played a power-centric engineer on the hardest difficulty and actually quite enjoyed the combat. I'm not arguing that ME1 is the best Mass Effect game, just that it has its merits.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mass Effect is the one I have never beaten no matter how many times I have tried it's just so bad compared to the other two in terms of gameplay.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fuck yeah it is. It's one of my favorite of the gen, if not ever. Such a good soundtrack too.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jimipeppr
    Loading Video...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I won't watch your video spam but I agree that the first Mass Effect is a great game. The whole atmosphere, nostalgia it brings, and the way the game plays is unmatched even by it's sequels. The second Mass Effect is good, too, but for entirely different reasons and it's not as good as the first.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Corevi

I love the Mako too

Loading Video...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#9 chaser324  Moderator

Yes, Mass Effect is a great game, but this is still Youtube spam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.