Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Mass Effect PC Audio Problem

Wunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Wunder

Hey guys, I'm not sure if it's only the PC version, me, or the entire game, but I seem to have some problems with my audio. The 'sound effects' in the game are insanely loud. Is that just me? I recently started this game and I'm inside the citadel and the 'hustle and bustle' sounds of people murmuring and moving around are so loud I can't even here the dialogue, I have to read the subtitles. I've turned the volume down to 1 and it still doesn't soften. Only when I turn it off does it stop. I like to here the sound effects though, just not as loud and jarring. Is there a way to turn this down?

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lunarbunny

I'd say try switching to software sound in the configuration application (especially if you're on Vista) and also check the audio control panel and ensure you have the correct speaker configuration selected.

Wunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Wunder

Lawlz, thanks! <3

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny

No problemo, glad I could help!

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By threeve

I had audio issues as well.  Switching to software sound didn't help and toning down hardware acceleration in windows didn't help.

I ended up going to a config file and changing two numbers, let me see if I can link you to the link I got my info from:

http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=632321&forum=127

First reply in this topic is what fixed mine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.