Max Payne 3 Preview in Game Informer

#1 Edited by Gump (564 posts) -

If you're looking forward to play the game, you need to GO and read it NOW!

The preview mentions a lot of new and interesting stuff such as the optional cover system, improved bullet-time. The article also explains why Max looks so bald, etc.

[ LINK ]

#2 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I love the Max Payne series and I am pumped for the third game, but I just can't stop thinking Sam Fisher when I see the new pictures of Max.

#3 Edited by Gump (564 posts) -
#4 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

That was a pretty good read. I'm more confident the game will be a 'Max Payne' game now.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Gump said:
" @Br3adfan: Reason! "
... where's sam fisher in the equation ?
#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I'm still not convinced. Seems more Rocky V than Die Hard 4.0, if anyone out there gets what I mean.

#7 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

They say hes more muscled but he just looks fat to me, I mean hes got a beer belly going in some of those screenshots.
Also the new storyline reminds me a lot of that movie "Man on Fire"

#8 Posted by Gump (564 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: LOLOLOL. Equation?
We are discussing about Max Payne here. No one else.
#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Gump: no i mean.... br3adfan said he sees Sam Fisher in the new max payne, and you linked to a thread about the similarity between the new max and the Max Payne 2 max.... hows that related to sam fisher ?
#10 Edited by Gump (564 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: 'cuz some gamers believe that Max Payne 3 looks like Sam Fisher, but in reality Max Payne 2 and Max Payne 3 are supossed to be the same. Look at br3adfan.
Did you get it?
#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Gump: mhm
#12 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

Looks good, literally. Good visuals from the screenshots provided. I just want to play this game! ;(

#13 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

The link wont load. Just sits at a white screen for a while then says timed out.

#14 Posted by Gump (564 posts) -
#15 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

It looks like an interesting game with a newer look than I saw before. Good article too.

#16 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@Gump said:
@Ahmad_Metallic: 'cuz some gamers believe that Max Payne 3 looks like Sam Fisher, but in reality Max Payne 2 and Max Payne 3 are supossed to be the same. Look at br3adfan.Did you get it?
He still reminds me of Sam Fisher
#17 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

Judging from what I saw here, it "feels" nothing like Max Payne. At least not the Max Payne I knew and loved. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.