Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Bug list so far

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

Was under the impression that Jeff's bad experiences with glitches in the game were maybe an isolated incident but I seem to have run across a few myself: 

• Reloading at a checkpoint causes my character to be stuck in the ground and only able to lean, can't even look or perform any actions 
    • Game refused to let me fire off a shot with the sniper rifle in one of the long range night missions until I reloaded a checkpoint
    • Scripting bug meant that I couldn't complete a mission by stealth as an enemy refused to move away from his position which was meant to trigger a nearby spawn
    • Various clipping/floating weapon issues 
    • An indestructible bunker during the helicopter mission (Edit: Not a bug, apparently I just needed to use a different kind of missile as the normal ones apparently aren't explosive enough... Weird arbitrary scripting).
    • Dead bodies inexplicably getting thrown into the air
    • Scripting not working properly or refusing to start until you were in exactly the right position
    • Unskippable CGI fake-in game cinemas - not technically a glitch but 1) It's 2010 yo, we shouldn't haven non-skippable cutscenes in games any more and 2) Remember all those 'in game' trailers they released initially to market this? All prerendered videos and not in engine - not noticeable unless you're playing at 1920x1080 on a PC then the lower res video comes on and your FPS sky rockets...

How's everyone else finding it? Not since Gears 2 have I encountered game breaking bugs with this frequency. They haven't detracted from the game too much other than being the cause of some frustration but it's not living up to expectations so far, despite being reasonably solid with some good moments. 

On the plus side, the game runs at a solid 60 with everything maxed at 1920x1080 and Vsync on which is a nice bonus - can look amazing at points but also shockingly mediocre at others.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

You\re playing the game wrong, obviously. Don't you know you're supposed to play it exactly as intended? Gamers these days, christ.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By MildMolasses

Not to derail this, but I'm curious as to what gamebreaking bugs you found in GoW2? I played through the campaign in both single player and co-op modes and didn't have a single problem. Unless you mean the MP, in which case I never even tried it
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vitor
    @MildMolasses said:
    " Not to derail this, but I'm curious as to what gamebreaking bugs you found in GoW2? I played through the campaign in both single player and co-op modes and didn't have a single problem. Unless you mean the MP, in which case I never even tried it "
    MP mainly - Horde mode was practically broken at points. 

However, ran into a fair few in SP also - especially the massive water monster boss fight. Often found myself floating above of the crates you were meant to take cover behind, thus becoming an easy target. Can't remember any other specific examples but I remember being shocked at how often something f*ed up happened while playing it at the time
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Quipido

I experienced these:
    - Couldn't finish a mission because of script not going off and there was no way to move forward, checkpoint restart didn't help - I needed to quit and reload from main menu.
    - In one scene a squad mate pulls a tomahawk from the back of dead enemy, then he kicks that enemy from table to the ground... I saw this, then I got stuck and couldn't go prone which caused my death, after realoading the body was allready on the ground and the tomahowk stuck in the air, squadmate just pulled it from there and kicked the air...
    - I was going forward while prone and I reloaded my gun, after that I took a shot nad the weapon "jammed" and I couldn't stop shooting. 

EDIT: 
    - This one is more a lack of polish, but any time you approach a door, which you are supposed to be kicked open, you can see the cracks by just simply looking at that door. I noticed this before I kicked open first door in the game. Lame.  

That's just from the top of my head, I only played SP once and never gonna play it again.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mfpantst

I experienced not buying the game.  Pretty much made the whole damn thing unplayable, but hey, there's $60 in my pocket and not yours.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Quipido
    @mfpantst:  Yep, well done - I just borrowed it from my friend and returned it pretty quickly!
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By mfpantst
    @Quipido:  Well played.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Quipido
    @CitizenKane:  Definetely, Jeff's review is spot on, this is just a 3 star game, NOT worth a purchase. 

Also, I preordered Black Ops so I just hope I won't be crying here in some forum one month from now! I have allready paid for it, damn you hype!  
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane
    @Quipido said:
    " @CitizenKane:  Definetely, Jeff's review is spot on, this is just a 3 star game, NOT worth a purchase.  Also, I preordered Black Ops so I just hope I won't be crying here in some forum one month from now! I have allready paid for it, damn you hype!   "
    I only have $5 on my pre-order, so I can easily back out if it doesn't turn out well. Plus, if it does turn out well, I also have a $30 gift card to Best Buy that I forgot to use on my laptop, so I could just go there and give up the $5 at GS and gain $25 in return.
    Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Sander

I think it was Dorothy's a Bitch, you have to place charges on an AA gun to trigger the next sequence. Nothing happened and so for the next 90min I sniped over 200 Talibans in the facial region that could be seen in the next section. It coulda gone on forever, I coulda sniped the entire population of Earth and I bet it would still continue. Reloading the last checkpoint was no help, so I had to begin the mission over again from the start.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't recall Gears 2 having that many issues. At least not in single player.

rav84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rav84

I'm having major issues getting past the mission after "Dorothy's a bitch" with the apache. There is one house in particular in that village that has like five floating rpg's in the windows and I unload on them but literally cannot kill those things and get killed in the exact same spot every time I attempt it.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By TheHBK

Some of the same ones. 
    -Door wouldn't open when it was supposed to 
    -In another part where a door is busted open, i kinda fell into the ground and couldn't move.  I could aim but that was it.  I reloaded but now I was stuck in the ground still so had to quit to main menu and load from there. 
    -I think one of my guys tried to molest me when i was prone. 
    Other issues, the night vision sucks ass, its like all the particle and mapping effects for textures disappear.  The only thing that looks good is the lighting, like from the sky.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vitor
    @Quipido said:
    " I experienced these: - Couldn't finish a mission because of script not going off and there was no way to move forward, checkpoint restart didn't help - I needed to quit and reload from main menu. - In one scene a squad mate pulls a tomahawk from the back of dead enemy, then he kicks that enemy from table to the ground... I saw this, then I got stuck and couldn't go prone which caused my death, after realoading the body was allready on the ground and the tomahowk stuck in the air, squadmate just pulled it from there and kicked the air... - I was going forward while prone and I reloaded my gun, after that I took a shot nad the weapon "jammed" and I couldn't stop shooting.   EDIT:  - This one is more a lack of polish, but any time you approach a door, which you are supposed to be kicked open, you can see the cracks by just simply looking at that door. I noticed this before I kicked open first door in the game. Lame.   That's just from the top of my head, I only played SP once and never gonna play it again. "
    I noticed the door cracks too - very disappointing and glaringly obvious. 

As for the tomahawk - the second time I played through that mission, the tomahawk only decided to 'pop in' once Mother took it out of the dead guys body...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5be09b084ef21
    deactivated-5be09b084ef21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a issue with the SE version of the game on Steam where at the end of the game when you kicked the door down it would skip the ending and cut straight to the credits. Brilliant!

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#18  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

I'm on this section on the PC:

It's completely broken. The first time I went through it, it worked fine, just like in the video. I supressed the gun, all my guys moved up and the enemies began spawning. But after I died the scripting went to shit, and in my 10 subsequent tries, none of it has worked. I'm surpressing the gun loads, and even managed to move up to where it is, but my guys are staying put right back at the start and none of the enemies are appearing so there's no way of getting past it. I can only hope that restarting the level over again will fix it since restarting a checkpoint doesn't do anything. 

It had actually been alright up until this point, but stuff like these rips you out of the immersion and ends up frustrating. Considering the amount of similar issues Jeff encountered, I can see why he wasn't particularly fond of it.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jmrwacko

I never had any bugs during the singleplayer campaign, except for an odd sequence in which my squadmates stared at each other for 30 seconds before moving forward. In multiplayer, I jumped on a destructible bag of grain in Gazmar Town and got a "suicide." It seems the bag of grain was made of lava. But meh, a lot less bugs in this game than in BC2, so far.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jmrwacko
    @CitizenKane said:
    " Good thing I waited to see the reviews and thoughts on this game first.  Saved me money that I could put into Fallout: New Vegas and Call of Duty: Black Ops. "
    Fallout: New Vegas is going to be outsourced garbage and Black Ops is going to be MW2 with exploding RC cars. No more good releases this year besides Cataclysm, I'm calling it here.
    t0mpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By t0mpa
    @ElectricBoogaloo said:
    " I'm on this section on the PC:

It's completely broken. The first time I went through it, it worked fine, just like in the video. I supressed the gun, all my guys moved up and the enemies began spawning. But after I died the scripting went to shit, and in my 10 subsequent tries, none of it has worked. I'm surpressing the gun loads, and even managed to move up to where it is, but my guys are staying put right back at the start and none of the enemies are appearing so there's no way of getting past it. I can only hope that restarting the level over again will fix it since restarting a checkpoint doesn't do anything.    It had actually been alright up until this point, but stuff like these rips you out of the immersion and ends up frustrating. Considering the amount of similar issues Jeff encountered, I can see why he wasn't particularly fond of it. "
    Had the exact same bug, was to close to the explosion first time around and died. During the following tries the gun never got supressed. Tried it about 5 times, restarted the mission 2 times and finally was so frustrated that I reinstalled the game and replayed the missions again. A shame really since I was enjoying the campaign alot up until then, I did so after as well but the build up of frustration for that single bug turned into a fear of something similar happening later on in the campaign.
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By swamplord666
    @jmrwacko: sole exception is assassins creed brotherhood... Calling it
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vitor
    @jmrwacko said:
    " I never had any bugs during the singleplayer campaign, except for an odd sequence in which my squadmates stared at each other for 30 seconds before moving forward. In multiplayer, I jumped on a destructible bag of grain in Gazmar Town and got a "suicide." It seems the bag of grain was made of lava. But meh, a lot less bugs in this game than in BC2, so far. "
    You'll see loads if you attempt to play the game any other way than what the developer intended - run ahead of your team mates and you'll frequently find invisible walls blocking empty paths just because apparently your guys need to get there first. 

At least the game looks amazing and runs at a near constant 60FPS on PC without requiring the latest rig. 
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By EpicSteve

There was a moment i couldn't walk through a doorway, I had to reload to the last checkpoint.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vitor

I am actually having to add another bug to my list every time I play through a mission in the campaign in this game... which is a shame because I kind of enjoy it - bugs can kill the moment though but they're not too gamebreaking, at worst necessitating a checkpoint reload so far.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#26  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo
    @t0mpa said:

" @ElectricBoogaloo said:

" I'm on this section on the PC:

It's completely broken. The first time I went through it, it worked fine, just like in the video. I supressed the gun, all my guys moved up and the enemies began spawning. But after I died the scripting went to shit, and in my 10 subsequent tries, none of it has worked. I'm surpressing the gun loads, and even managed to move up to where it is, but my guys are staying put right back at the start and none of the enemies are appearing so there's no way of getting past it. I can only hope that restarting the level over again will fix it since restarting a checkpoint doesn't do anything.    It had actually been alright up until this point, but stuff like these rips you out of the immersion and ends up frustrating. Considering the amount of similar issues Jeff encountered, I can see why he wasn't particularly fond of it. "
    Had the exact same bug, was to close to the explosion first time around and died. During the following tries the gun never got supressed. Tried it about 5 times, restarted the mission 2 times and finally was so frustrated that I reinstalled the game and replayed the missions again. A shame really since I was enjoying the campaign alot up until then, I did so after as well but the build up of frustration for that single bug turned into a fear of something similar happening later on in the campaign. "
    Luckily I didn't have to do anything that extreme; restarting the level over again did the job. On to Day 2 now and haven't had any since.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.