Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Medal of Honor Xbox 360 Beta Now Available

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Whatever snag or technical hiccup DICE and EA hit to cause the delay of the Xbox 360 version of the Medal of Honor beta has been handled. The long-awaited beta is now available over Xbox Live, meaning if you have a voucher, you'll be able to redeem it for the 360 version and grab a platform-exclusive code.

No word on what caused the 360 version's delay on official channels yet. But I suppose that doesn't matter in light of its availability, right?  

No Caption Provided

An announcement on the Medal of Honor blog in June said that the beta would be extended, but that doesn't mean the 360 version will run just as long as the PC and PS3 versions have been. Take the words from the "delay" post and plop them into this context, and you'll see what I mean. "However, we are excited to extend the beta to make up for lost time," the blog reads. Sounds like the recent PC and PS3 extension was just for you, 360 owners. 

The PS3 and PC versions of the beta are expected to run until July 31. After a few minutes of play, I can confirm that the 360 version suffers from the death lag--the jarring time disruption between life and death--that people have complained about in those other versions of the beta. I can also confirm that I'm terrible at this game.    
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Whatever snag or technical hiccup DICE and EA hit to cause the delay of the Xbox 360 version of the Medal of Honor beta has been handled. The long-awaited beta is now available over Xbox Live, meaning if you have a voucher, you'll be able to redeem it for the 360 version and grab a platform-exclusive code.

No word on what caused the 360 version's delay on official channels yet. But I suppose that doesn't matter in light of its availability, right?  

No Caption Provided

An announcement on the Medal of Honor blog in June said that the beta would be extended, but that doesn't mean the 360 version will run just as long as the PC and PS3 versions have been. Take the words from the "delay" post and plop them into this context, and you'll see what I mean. "However, we are excited to extend the beta to make up for lost time," the blog reads. Sounds like the recent PC and PS3 extension was just for you, 360 owners. 

The PS3 and PC versions of the beta are expected to run until July 31. After a few minutes of play, I can confirm that the 360 version suffers from the death lag--the jarring time disruption between life and death--that people have complained about in those other versions of the beta. I can also confirm that I'm terrible at this game.    
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By tebbit

woo 

EDIT: Man I feel disgusting. 

On topic, I'm guessing that ain't no beta gonna help the problems that this game has. And when I say problems, what I mean is that it's very generic.

Marmaladebrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Marmaladebrat

Neat, glad I am working from home today.
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

sweet 

Rongaryen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rongaryen

Great.  Another Shooter of the Modern Warfare variety.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By foggel

But can you confirm the game is terrible?

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
    TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheManiacsGnome

If you want a game void of personality, this is for you!

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By louiedog

I've put about 30 minutes into it and it's only locked up my Xbox 360 once. That's something, right?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1

that dude looks goofy as hell in that screen.  

i didn't really enjoy the PS3 beta :\ 

billygoat117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By billygoat117

I think that they should just release the beta for everyone at this point. Why require a pre-order? Especially since most accounts of the game say that it's not great?  Why not let people give it a try without roping them into buying the game? I realize that the beta becomes a glorified demo at that point, but come on, show a little good will to your customers.

captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By captainfish

I haven't bought it and I'm in the pc beta.

Stylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stylo

You 360 users didn't miss much

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spence_5060

Finally! Another modern combat type first person shooter I can play on my xbox. I've been waiting for this forever.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive

its fucking garbage. 

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By PerryVandell

The GameSpot C&C 4 beta code trick doesn't seem to work anymore so I guess I'm not going to be playing on the 360 version. Oh well, I got my fill on the PS3 version and it was sort of... eh.

BlkMjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlkMjk

Why not just call it Call of Honor? thats all it is.
    RoadCrewWorker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RoadCrewWorker

Over 2 hours of torturing myself through this beta have only show me one thing: Holy shit BC2 is so much better its not even funny. And i mean the BC2 beta.

Playing MoH feels like having a lobotomy, so dumb dull and generic it hurts.

NemoDat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NemoDat

Why do this?  With MW2 and Bad Company are already out there, this really seems like they are asking for "also-ran" status.  Give us some sort of differentiating feature here.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TotalEklypse

welcome to the wonderful buggy ass world of MOH online xboys and girls. prepare to get disconnected every 2 minutes and or crash. even after having the god damn voice chat disabled and the party system more or less kyboshed. if the game worked as intended it actually wouldnt be bad. i know it is a beta but for crying out loud the damn game type selection pictures arent even correct lol. 

supernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By supernando

Do I need to pre-prder to get into the BETA? I heard a BFBC2 VIP code will get you into it. is this true?

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @billygoat117 said:
    " I think that they should just release the beta for everyone at this point. Why require a pre-order? Especially since most accounts of the game say that it's not great?  Why not let people give it a try without roping them into buying the game? I realize that the beta becomes a glorified demo at that point, but come on, show a little good will to your customers. "
    see do what i do.. keep jumping the same 5 bucks around at gamestop for 2 years. suckers. 

"hmm no mr counter monkey i think i am going to pass on this game and put my credit towards this other game preorder"
    Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Solh0und

And NOW the beta comes out for the Xbox.....Too bad it blows.

slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slyely

Another military shooter...I'm a little burnt out on these. But why do I still want to play them? lol

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EvolutionX0
    Still finding a reason why i should even consider buying this game.
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Loving the backlash against this crap.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I played like an hour of it earlier on and REALLY didn't like it.

snap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By snap

I think the problem with the Medal of Honor Beta is that most gamers don't really know what a Beta is anymore. Most of the Betas released nowadays are nothing but Multiplayer-Demos. This one really, really is a Beta. It's buggy as hell, it has issues and so on. This doesn't indicate that the quality of the finished product will be the same. Since this Beta was released so early there's plenty of time to fix the game. I actually am not worried at all. 

Just imagine how awesome a game like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 could have been if Infinity Ward released a Beta before they shipped the game. They would have seen that their game is broken before release and we wouldn't have to hope that they might fix all the problems some time in the future... which they won't (probably).

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Karmum

Well, the website is rejecting my beta code. That and, well, I just got downgraded to Xbox Live Silver a few days ago. Guess I'm going to miss out.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CL60

The beta is not nearly as bad as you are all making it out to be ... Yes, it's buggy. But it appears that most of you have forgotten what a real beta is..

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Karmum said:
    " Well, the website is rejecting my beta code. That and, well, I just got downgraded to Xbox Live Silver a few days ago. Guess I'm going to miss out. "
    You should... give it to me! =p Thats a bummer dude, I know how you feel. My 360 wouldn't start for the first like 4 days of the Reach BETA. I was terrified it would never work again, and the problem literally started when I put ODST in to wait for the BETA to release. lol.If you get that code working, PM me and I can probably scrounge up some Live codes for you, even if they are only the dumb 48 hour ones. At least you could play though yeah? Also remember you can make an XBL account and get a month free on any console with up to 3 separate accounts, if you haven't used them all up thats another good option. 
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fattony12000

After an hour or two of MoH, I'm going to head back to TF2 and Alien Swarm. Both of which feel much better, and are actually fun.

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KinjiroSSD

I'll save you 360 only owners the trouble by telling you its garbage and continue playing MW2 or BFBC2.

lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lawlerballer

yea it's pretty terrible

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lmenzol

i guess these days games need have an unbalanced lighted moderated multiplayer and bullshit perks that are terribly abused in order to be good huh? have fun spending 15 dollars on old maps, your turbo controllers are only welcome in the MW2 community.

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lmenzol

this game plays like mw2 except the guns do realistic damage. if your tired of bullshit double shotguns and the commando perk, or even stopping power which makes the m9 pistol seem like it fires 7.62mm bullets, I recommend you give the beta a try, its basically graw2 with a first person view and cod mechanics

kratier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kratier
    Sorry but its nothing like COD MW1 or 2, you can compare it mostly to Americas army .
    1- preset weapons and classes, the only variation being sights/m203/bipod type stuff
    2- Each team is identical to eachother basically, but fighting eachother
    3- realistic damage,  in MW2 you would shoot someone point blank in the head with a silenced 50 cal, and it would not kill them, in this game you can kill them in 1 shot to the head from far.
    4- team based, focus is TEAM WORK. something MW2 has nothing of at all, and something BC2 lacks heavily (more like spamfest in general direction until its reduced to rubble)
    5- after my time with MOH beta - yes its riddled with bugs and CTD/crash your ps3, but its a solid game,puts you in the middle of the action, and feels more like counterstrike than it does like MW2 (where you just spawn behind the enemy every 5 seconds)
    lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lmenzol
    @kratier:  i wasnt talking about the interface i was talking about the gamplay like the speed and controls of the game. but like i said its alot more realistic and for myself its a hell of alot more fun
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#38  Edited By MeatSim

The 360 multiplayer beta has been out for months it's called Bad Company 2.

DigitalJuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DigitalJuno

It's not bad but it IS Modern Warfare without the ability to go prone.

kjgabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By kjgabel

I am deciding if this game is going to be any good. I was excitedly waiting for this game until I saw some footage. I don't know what to think anymore.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.