Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Your Current Skill Rating and How Much Do You Like MoH MP?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

The thesis is...

That you'll like any game better when you are good at it.

I'm about 5 hours in and have accumulated a skill rating of 2300 and I'm loving the game. Played lots of Combat Mission and Sector Control thus far. Awesome sauce! Here's me hoping to finally call in that sweet Cruise Missle. Got close quite a few times already, but never gone all the way yet. Scorechains are for the fucking win!

How about you guys?
    Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Callumrides

im around 1700ish and yeah i really enjoying the mp an nice chage from the current offerings. also loving combat mission

sorawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By sorawesome

2045 at the moment, about 7 hours of play time.
    fucking love it.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jmrwacko

Like 9 hours of gameplay and 2100 ranking. It will taper off a little once you start getting shot in the face by lower ranked players.

Oh and btw, I'm up to two cruise missiles. One was earned legitimately, the other was earned as a camping sniper on assault team :-)

pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By pabsi9

It's ok should last until black ops comes out...btw the spawn points are the worst I ever seen on a big title release...u spawn in front of battle n sometimes in the wide open where u get snipe in seconds...It's the second game in a row were DICE encourages sniping too much, like I said I like it but could be better...rank 1998

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jmrwacko

I've found it hard to hold onto rank as I level up. The game fucking destroys your rank if you so much as go 2:1 versus people who are around 500 rank less than you. It's really frustrating and it means that the longer you play, the worse your rank will be. Which is fine, because I'm just about done with this game anyway.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli
    @jmrwacko said:

" I've found it hard to hold onto rank as I level up. The game fucking destroys your rank if you so much as go 2:1 versus people who are around 500 rank less than you. It's really frustrating and it means that the longer you play, the worse your rank will be. Which is fine, because I'm just about done with this game anyway. "

I'm at around 2600 right now and especially at night, when all the 2000+ players are around, the game gets really hard. Going 1:1 quite often and I hate dying so very much. I'm not one to enjoy a struggle. It's really much more fun in the afternoons, when there's just a few good players and lots of fodder. More action and risk taking and lots of domination.

Guess I have to adjust my attitude somewhat and learn to enjoy the struggle. Guess that's a personal flaw of mine. Must be why I love Battlefield so much. When push comes to shove, there's always a vehicle around to tip the balance in my favor. And there's at least some room for evasive tactics too. In Medal of Honor it's really a face-off at all times. Gaining ground inch by inch is fun enough, though tough enemies can take the wind out of my sails.
    jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jayjonesjunior
    @pabsi9 said:
    " It's ok should last until black ops comes out...btw the spawn points are the worst I ever seen on a big title release...u spawn in front of battle n sometimes in the wide open where u get snipe in seconds...It's the second game in a row were DICE encourages sniping too much, like I said I like it but could be better...rank 1998 "
    if sniping is easy then the players (aka targets) are doing something wrong, like running in the open like retards, you don't see actual soldiers doing that on CNN, do you? the closest it gets to reality the hardest is to keep playing like brainless kids. 

(not saying the BC and MoH are simulators, they are not even close to a sim like the ArmA series)
    Avatar image for reversethedevil
    reversethedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By reversethedevil
    @pabsi9 said:

" It's ok should last until black ops comes out...btw the spawn points are the worst I ever seen on a big title release...u spawn in front of battle n sometimes in the wide open where u get snipe in seconds...It's the second game in a row were DICE encourages sniping too much, like I said I like it but could be better...rank 1998 "

I feel like a lot of it is sniper town! Sometimes it makes you think, but when you spawn and die 1 second later (6 times in a row) it sucks! It would be nice to at least see where the damn sniper is!
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Played a few hours during the weekend maybe 5 or 7 so far, sporting 2200 atm, slowly creeping upwards now, but my bad habits of trying to be too much of a team player don't help lol

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Shadow71

I've played a couple rounds, I still prefer the smaller/tighter maps of CoD, it's a big reason I was one of the few people that thought UT2K3 > UT2K4. Really just not a fan of bigger maps.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jmrwacko

Unfortunately I'm 1900 rank now because this game sucks and decides to demote me -40 points for playing a decent game on a losing team.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DonPixel

Arround 2200 and having a good time.. with this(MOH) and the upcoming Vientnam ex-pac for Bad Company 2 .. Im not buying black ops anymore    

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Seppli said:
    "

The thesis is...

That you'll like any game better when you are good at it.  I'm about 5 hours in and have accumulated a skill rating of 2300 and I'm loving the game. Played lots of Combat Mission and Sector Control thus far. Awesome sauce! Here's me hoping to finally call in that sweet Cruise Missle. Got close quite a few times already, but never gone all the way yet. Scorechains are for the fucking win! How about you guys? "
    Your evidence is flawed, correlation != causation.  You assume that the better you are at the game the more you like it, but people who don't like the game won't have the skill rating to prove it.  It's more closely to  your attitude about the game determining your skill rating, not vice versa.
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShockD

I'm a little above the 3000th position. I like it more than Counter-Strike. First online shooter to play since 2006...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'm currently at 2600
    The climb up is really slow, I only ever get +10 points per game even when I do really well.
    Got assault to 15, but my sniper and spec ops are still not maxed.

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By RankRabbit

My online stats show that I was at 1991 last time I played, but I traded the crap back in for $40. Got tired of the sniper fest and spawn raping that was going on.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

Welp I'm comfortably above 3000 right now, with Black Ops coming I think it's time to put this puppy to sleep for me.
    I think I got my moneys worth in terms of entertainment from it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.