Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

well this cools terrible

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By altairre

Revengeance? Really? But hey, it´s Platinum Games so I guess that´s okay. It doesn´t look bad eventhough I hope there isn´t too much buttonmashing. Also: Is this 360 exclusive now or what?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By napalm

Platinum Games? Judging by that trailer, this game has Vanquish written all over it - just replace the guns with swords. 

Man, I am so excited.

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By A_Dog

Revengeance is a perfectly cromulent word.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Platinum Games? Say no more.

I have never used this before but I think it fits.

No Caption Provided
    Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Benny

I love everything about it except that Raiden is apparently embracing the "jack the ripper" moniker when it was originally used to describe how much of a prolific murderer he was back in his child soldier days. And i seem to recall it was solidus who called him that so why suddenly adopt it?.. Probably just for the trailer's sake I guess.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By MooseyMcMan

OH GOD YES!

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hitchenson

Looks fucking swell. Sold.

HE. THREW. A. METAL GEAR.

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DeiNile

Working video: http://dai.ly/vqpNTD

Anyway, I really dislike the entire style of the game. Not what I want at all.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Well, I am sold.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By ahgunsillyo

I remember them calling that Rising would be developed by Platinum on the Bombcast a few months back. But they were joking...

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ramone

That music was so awesomely terrible. Platinum do that sort of shit so well.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By zagzagovich

Totally Platinum Games, Totally party. This looks exactly like I want a Platinum Game to look and the fact that it's Metal Gear related makes it even better. Like a collaboration between Suda51 and Hideo Kojima without either of them involved.

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hairy_Fish

Considering they're ruining Ninja Gaiden 3 by putting in multiplayer, and the fact that Platinum are developing this, I cannot wait.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By KowalskiManDown

God bless you, Platinum!

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DeiNile

Perhaps this will be a great Platinum game, but not a great Metal Gear game. Sorry, it just does not seem all that good...

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JohnnyAutoFire

I like the font.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AltonBrown

God yes.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By Dustpan

Looks better then I thought it would.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By benpack

I'm in.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By HellBrendy

Oh god what the fuck did I just watch...

zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By zels

Meh, not my cup of tea.

Btw, why is it called MGS? It looks nothing like a MGS game. Slap Vanquish 2 on the box and I wouldn't see a difference.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Samaritan

I like my Japanese games to be insane, over-the-top, cheesy and impenetrable. After watching that trailer, count me in.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By TheHT

Link to download link.

Looks fun. Got that Platinum Games goofy over-the-top action rollercoaster sort of vibe. But then it's a Metal Gear game, so still with some self-seriousness.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Nottle

Sounds like Phil Lamar is at the beginning of the trailer. If they go him to do some random voice might as well get him to voice Vamp.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sanious

@zels: It's not called MGS, it is MGR. :)

I honestly don't know what people expected to see in a Raiden game after MGS4. If you were expecting same stuff from the rest of the series, then you were being a bit naive. Why would they want to do that when working with a full game on a 'reborn' Raiden character? A lot of people hated him in 2. So why would they make him play like that? You know what people would say to that?

'Why didn't they just put Snake in the game? It would have been the same thing'.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#76  Edited By ShinjiEx

Here is the video since YouTube is gay

http://videobam.com/WgqbQ

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#77  Edited By csl316

I absolutely love Platinum Games, and I've been a long time MGS fan.  This can turn out to be one of my favorite games of the generation if done right.

What he does to the Metal Gear Ray... good lord.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#78  Edited By Dagbiker

Its on Youtube before its officaly released, again, just like E3, good going konami.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#79  Edited By Yanngc33

Everything looks so bad, this is going to be amazing on so many awful levels

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By Dogma

Glad to see that the Giantbomb community haven't lost their shit because of this. Other places are going crazy because of this trailer. Saying stuff that the last trailer was prettier and that it had the right emotional feel of the MGS series. I don't know about you guys but there was a lot of slice and dicing dudes in that last trailer too. And many seem to be disapointed that this is not a regular kind of Metal gear game. Did anyone actually think that Rising would NOT be a action game? Why would you create that slice mechanic in a stealth game with cyborg Raiden?!

And Platinum makes it, awesome. Those guys knows how to get the right feel and tempo in action games. I can't really say I think the same about Konami as a general whole.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By clumsyninja1

Is revengeance a word???

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#82  Edited By MildMolasses

@TheHT said:

Link to download link.

Looks fun. Got that Platinum Games goofy over-the-top action rollercoaster sort of vibe. But then it's a Metal Gear game, so still with some self-seriousness.

That's what could ruin this. The fact that MGS takes itself so serious has me worried that Platinum's hands will be tied a bit

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sanious

@Dogma said:

Glad to see that the Giantbomb community haven't lost their shit because of this. Other places are going crazy because of this trailer. Saying stuff that the last trailer was prettier and that it had the right emtional feel of the MGS series. I don't know about you guys but there was a lot of slice and dicing dudes in that last trailer too. And many seem to be disapointed that this is not a regular kind of Metal gear game. Did anyone actually think that Rising would NOT be a action game? Why would you create that slice mechanic in a stealth game with cyborg Raiden?!

I agree with you completely.

I want to ask what kind of emotional feel those people got out of Raiden cutting watermelons. Cause if that's the kind of emotion that they got from the series.. I have lots of questions.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

With a name like Revengeance, I'm going to assume that this game is being made by a Japanese developer—a little bit of a leap, but I think it's a safe assumption.

And after looking at the trailer, I'll note that this game looks mediocre (poor animation, sparse environments), though it is probably in something like an early stage of development. How old will that slow-mo slice mechanic get after a few minutes, by the way?

However, I sincerely hope that they'll offer some more information in a few hours that can give me some hope about this project.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#85  Edited By Cirdain
    @Vegetable_Side_Dish
    Platinum?  
    PLATINUM?  
    PLATINUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMM!!!!!!
    FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡
    zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

@clumsyninja1 said:

Is revengeance a word???

Websters (via Dictionary.com) says that it's basically an antiquated term, but I don't think it's ever been used by anybody. Put it in the same class as Theaterhythm, Duodecium, etc. (I've got no idea how to spell those names, by the way.)

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#87  Edited By Dogma

It's from the same company that gave us a Metal Gear game with the name Subsistence.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By captain_clayman

this looks fucking crazy and ridiculous and PLATINUM!!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#89  Edited By TobbRobb

Platinum makes it

Speed Metal

More retarded than regular Metal Gear

Revengeance

Jack the Ripper pun

This is a day one purchase if I ever saw one.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MikeGosot
    @ZanzibarBreeze said:

With a name like Revengeance, I'm going to assume that this game is being made by Japanese people—a little bit of a leap, but I think it's a safe assumption—and after looking at the trailer, I'll go ahead and note that this game looks mediocre (poor animation, sparse environments), though it is probably in something like an early stage of development. How old will that slow-mo slice mechanic get after a few minutes, by the way?

However, I sincerely hope that they'll offer some more information in a few hours that can give me some hope about this project.

There were rumors about it launching in 2012, so i don't know if it's an early stage. Also, i think the developer changed over the course of the game's development. But i have faith in Platinum.
    Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Nottle

@Sanious said:

@Dogma said:

Glad to see that the Giantbomb community haven't lost their shit because of this. Other places are going crazy because of this trailer. Saying stuff that the last trailer was prettier and that it had the right emtional feel of the MGS series. I don't know about you guys but there was a lot of slice and dicing dudes in that last trailer too. And many seem to be disapointed that this is not a regular kind of Metal gear game. Did anyone actually think that Rising would NOT be a action game? Why would you create that slice mechanic in a stealth game with cyborg Raiden?!

I agree with you completely.

I want to ask what kind of emotional feel those people got out of Raiden cutting watermelons. Cause if that's the kind of emotion that they got from the series.. I have lots of questions.

Personally the water melons in the first trailer reminded me of the silly side of metal gear. Like when Snake tries to open the door and the handle falls off, or when you shake a controller Rose's breasts jiggle. Though, yeah this never really looked like a stealth game, at the most i thought you'd be able to do something like hide behind some cover than just slice though it to surprise some guards.

@ZanzibarBreeze said:

With a name like Revengeance, I'm going to assume that this game is being made by Japanese people—a little bit of a leap, but I think it's a safe assumption—and after looking at the trailer, I'll go ahead and note that this game looks mediocre (poor animation, sparse environments), though it is probably in something like an early stage of development. How old will that slow-mo slice mechanic get after a few minutes, by the way?

Yes, Hideo Kojima and platinum games are japanese.

I'd say the slow mo will be pretty awesome. Platinum's history with Vanquish and Bayonetta clearly indicate that. I feel confident that this game will be pretty good because Bayonetta is the best character action game and Vanquish was the best shooter of 2010. Platinum has some talented people there, and this game reflects their strengths.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#92  Edited By Icemael

When the "PlatinumGames are making Metal Gear Solid: Rising" rumour appeared months ago, Inaba confirmed that Platinum were absolutely not working on that title. What's up with that? Did he straight-up lie? Did Konami and Platinum get together after the rumour died and say "hey, people seemed to really like that idea, so let's do it"? Or is this a fake trailer after all (seems practically impossible considering the production values and the fact that it's been taken down)?

Anyway, this is probably going to be the first Metal Gear title I enjoy. I hope Kamiya is directing! 

@clumsyninja1 said:

Is revengeance a word???

Apparently.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By gike987

@Dogma said:

Glad to see that the Giantbomb community haven't lost their shit because of this. Other places are going crazy because of this trailer. Saying stuff that the last trailer was prettier and that it had the right emotional feel of the MGS series. I don't know about you guys but there was a lot of slice and dicing dudes in that last trailer too. And many seem to be disapointed that this is not a regular kind of Metal gear game. Did anyone actually think that Rising would NOT be a action game? Why would you create that slice mechanic in a stealth game with cyborg Raiden?!

And Platinum makes it, awesome. Those guys knows how to get the right feel and tempo in action games. I can't really say I think the same about Konami as a general whole.

The GAF thread is extremely funny to read. Someone complained about the game not trying to be realistic, unlike MGS4 that was trying to stay somewhat realistic according to the person who posted it.

Or the people saying the game will be too easy based on a couple of seconds of gameplay in a trailer.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Seauton

As a pretty big MGS fan, I'm not too sure how I feel about this. I'm not saying I dislike it...or that I do. But I don't (Topper Harley anyone?) Kidding aside though, I need more information before I decide if I'm going to get. Good thing I have loads of time.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By 49th

I think it looks cool. The name is shit but it's developed by Platinum so I expect good things.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

'Goofy' is the word I used in a conversation with my friend.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The Metal Gear Solid games were always very cheesy. Frankly, I'm glad this one seems to be embracing it, rather than trying to pretend to be some kind of uber serious story. It can still have serious moments, don't get me wrong.. but I think it should all gel together better like this.

I also like that they've dropped the Solid title, I've always felt it should simply be "Metal Gear Rising", since it has nothing to do with the Solid series of games or Snake.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AlexW00d

Looks like the shit kind of Japanese over the top, and not the good MGS style :(

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jeffsekai

Looks amazing

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Karl_Boss

I like the title of this thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.