Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Should I buy it ?

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ma7moud

I'm going to buy a PS3 within a week and I'm planning to buy LBP and MGS4 the problem is that I've never played a MGS game before therefore I won't understand the story. The question is, is it enough to watch GT Metal Gear Retrospective and I could still understand the story or should I have to Play through the previous MGS games  ?

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ma7moud

Anyone ?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By samcotts

I would highly recommend playing through the other MGS games, not just to catch up on the story, but because they're three brilliant games that you shouldn't miss out on. If that isn't an option for you to do, then I would still recommend MGS4 to you, but the experience won't be as half as good as it would be if you play through the previous games.

Your choice; Play through three of the best video games ever to make your MGS4 experience just as brilliant, or skip straight to MGS4 and have a slightly confusing, but still fun and worthwhile time with the game.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By suneku

watching just the retrospects won't help you completely understand it. It's best to watch that retro, read all you can find online, and also you can download the MGS database on the PS3 for free which has pretty much everything you need to know from weapons to characters to past events that are a part of the MGS universe but werent in any of the games.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Dalai

You can get the MGS Collection for less than MGS4 right now... as long as you want to splurge.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ma7moud

I'm too lazy to play through the previous MGS So I'm going to watch the retro and MGS database on the PS3 and try to understand the story.

Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Throne

Don't worry, you'll probably understand most of it. You can also download the MGS Database that's for MGS4. If there's something you don't understand, just go to the database and you'll probably get an idea of what it's about.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne
    Ma7moud said:
    "I'm too lazy to play through the previous MGS"
    Fail.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By AndrewGaspar

But the Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection. I did, and I highly recommend it to everybody.

code305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By code305

dude get it.

You would be greatly satisfied

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.