Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

Metal Gear Solid - Final Gameplay Trailer

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BrickRoad

This game is looking pretty great, and I'm happy to see some single player focused action. Make no bones about it, I play MGS for the solo adventure and the story, not for the multiplayer. Whilst the CO-OP looks fun I'm entirely interested in whether the solo campaign will be good or not, and from that video it's looking good. VIsually and from an audio stand point it's an impressive attempt at recreating the proper MGS experience on a handheld, and it seems to play more and more like MGS4 and less like MGS:PO, which is nice. The more I see you (MGS:PW), the more I wan't you.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwho

Its 2010 and dudes are still looking at fucking walls. Shoot gas at them and they continue standing in the gas with their guard down.Stealth hasn't evolved much when you take away the pretty graphics. Haha, he's a bullet sponge at the end. Take your time and aim, apparently getting shot's not a big deal. PSP makes sense, this would just look like a joke in a side by side with Splinter Cell Conviction. Putting it on a portable avoids that I direct comparison I guess.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Oh noes, gameplay, fun, playability, etc, over realism. What are they thinking?! I want to realistically take down a battalion and their air support, I don't wanna do such a simple task with some super armored super soldier or have the grunts act gamey! Looking good, love all the new gadgets, can't wait for it to get here.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Linkyshinks: WHERE DO YOU FIND ALL THIS STUFF
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @ryanwho said:
    " Its 2010 and dudes are still looking at fucking walls. Shoot gas at them and they continue standing in the gas with their guard down.Stealth hasn't evolved much when you take away the pretty graphics. Haha, he's a bullet sponge at the end. Take your time and aim, apparently getting shot's not a big deal. PSP makes sense, this would just look like a joke in a side by side with Splinter Cell Conviction. Putting it on a portable avoids that I direct comparison I guess. "
    Obviously you haven't played a Metal Gear Solid game before.  It's the same game on PS3 in MGS4.  They all play the same way.

The destructible environment stuff is nice too.  Looks damn good for a PSP game and a worthy MGS game in general.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

I played the last PAL demo again, I really like the Shooter type controls now, I got an A rank on all the levels including the tank mission by not killing anyone and extracting all the enemies (but not S yet, I guess I need to do it faster or something), it controls quite fluid like that. For some reason the frame rate didn't seem as bad either but I guess that was just me. I can't wait to play the full game, June can't arrive soon enough.

I just hope my PSP's analog nub lasts through this game (and heavy Monster Hunter Freedom Unite playing), it's been having some issues...
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

KP have released a series of informational videos... 

HEART MASSAGE

SNAKE IN & LOVE BOX

LEGENDARY SNAKE

FOUR PLAYER CO-OP 

FULTON CAPTURE

slayerofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By slayerofheroes

Almost here!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@ryanwho:  
    dude, compare metal gear series with splinter cell series is like blaming doom for being not as realistic as operation flashpoint...
    and seriously I don't think a Merc who waste mags of ammo shooting at the infiltrator's "last known position" is that smart

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.