E3 2012 - Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

created by @CapnMango , winner of the E3 2012 Microsoft Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2012 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

Welcome my fellow Giant Bomb comrades! Unless you have been living under a rock trying to avoid the zombie apocalypse that is sweeping the east coast of the United States, you know that E3 2012 is here! Keeping with the tradition, each of the three platform companies along with EA and Ubisoft will be holding press conferences to discuss their company and what they will offer the video game industry presently and in the future. As you know, this will create apocalyptic chaos across the Internet and, more importantly, the Giant Bomb community and forums. In order to help control the madness, we will have an official "sticky" thread for each of the conferences. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of everyone's general feelings/opinions/thoughts of the Microsoft press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is dedicated solely for the general discussion of the Microsoft press conference. What does this mean for you? Well, let me tell you with my patent-pending bullet points!

• Only discussion of the Microsoft press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the NBA or Stanley Cup Finals? Do so in other threads.

Any posts and discussions found in this thread that do not directly relate to the generality of the Microsoft press conference will result in the guilty parties (i.e. users like you!) being sent a PM by one of the moderators (pray that yours won't be sent by MB)

Specific Announcements

As with every E3, there will be a lot of specific announcements of games/hardware/devices that you would like to discuss with your fellow comrades in the Giant Bomb community. We all certainly love your ethusiasm (it's what makes Giant Bomb special!), but this thread is only for the general, overal discussion of the Microsoft press conference. We ask you to direct all threads/posts/discussions of specific announcements in the specific forums where they belong. You can learn best how to do this by ready my fellow mod Marino's E3 2012 and You! thread.

Game Forums

As with specific announcements made at these press conferences, we would like for you to not get caught up in deep discussions of individual games in this thread. We direct you to take those discussions into their respective forums (again, you can read more about this in the aforementioned E3 2012 and You! thread). Again, please do not overload this thread with discussion of individual games. Breaking this rule will, again, result in the guilty parties being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Some Microsoft press conference related forums you might want to use:

*Newly Announced

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during the week of full throttle shenanigans knows as E3, the normal rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can update yourself on the forum and wiki rules by visiting the Giant Bomb FAQ thread. In there, you can learn about all of the rules and proper instructions for the forums and Wiki. The sequence of punishments for breaking this rules still apply as well.

Live Streams

The Microsoft press conference will be shows on TV on the Spike TV channel, If you do not have Spike TV or want to watch it on your computer, you may catch the press conference on one of the following live streams:

#2 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

This thread is now open for discussion!

#3 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

They just mentioned Jeffs tweet on GameTrailers!

Also - Let's do this!

#4 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Good thing I have Spike TV, don't know why though. Their TV line-up is horrible.

#5 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Won't the conference be live here as well?

#6 Posted by Xbox420 (125 posts) -

Jeff got name dropped already. First of many i'm sure.

#7 Edited by Hizang (8534 posts) -
#8 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

I'm going to say that Alan Wake 2 will be shown at the show.

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

I'll put dollars to donuts that they show Resident Evil 6 and make a big deal over exclusive stuff.

#10 Posted by Zacagawea (1582 posts) -

I'm glad that banner won

#11 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

@CitizenKane: you're open for discussion.

#12 Posted by Xbox420 (125 posts) -

I just really hope they don't put kids on stage to play Kinect. Can't make that mistake 3 years in a row.

#13 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

16 minutes!

#14 Posted by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

The Skyrim DLC of course.

#15 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

@Winternet said:

I'm open for many things...

#16 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

@Xbox420: Really the less kinect there is the better the whole press conference will be.

#17 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -

This should be mildly interesting

#18 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

@Hizang: Thanks. Added to the main post.

#19 Posted by leebmx (2216 posts) -

Lets do this. New console announcements are GO!!!

#20 Posted by mikey87144 (1663 posts) -

Something tells me kinect will be a major talking point. I also expect some more media deals announced and more exclusive DLC. Halo gameplay, a Gears of War trailer, and maybe GTA but who knows on that one.

#21 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

@Winternet said:

I'm open for many things...

^__~
#22 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

@hidys said:

@Xbox420: Really the less kinect there is the better the whole press conference will be.

I whole heartily agree with this. It's not just because I don't care for motion controls. It's that it makes for a stupid looking demonstration and takes time away from other games.

#23 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@leebmx said:

They already said it isn't happening on the pre conference. XD

#24 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

@leebmx: Or not...

#25 Posted by Keen314 (72 posts) -

The xbox.com feed is showing trailers and has pundits discussing some stuff now.

#26 Posted by Marokai (2808 posts) -
@Keen314 said:

The xbox.com feed is showing trailers and has pundits discussing some stuff now.

I'm stuck at the uncool kids table staring at a music loop on G4's stream.
#27 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Mr. Snider?

#28 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Mr. Snider?

Wait...what?

#29 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

im playing a drinking game with myself. im going to take a drink everytime they say KINECT. i expect to be dead before the end of the confrence.

#30 Posted by Marokai (2808 posts) -
@DoctorDanger99 said:

im playing a drinking game with myself. im going to take a drink everytime they say KINECT. i expect to be dead before the end of the confrence.

Don't do it! You have so much to live for!
#31 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

Who's watching on spike?

#32 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Mr. Snider?

Wait...what?

They were talking to some guy on the GT stream who had the last name Snider. :P

#33 Posted by TonyBlue87 (291 posts) -
@Marokai said:
@DoctorDanger99 said:

Yeah! Like Kinect!
#34 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99: I'll join you.

#35 Posted by Superkenon (1391 posts) -

Hey, guess this is the time to pop my GameSpot code.

#36 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

@Marokai: If they do mention it that many times there may really be nothing to live for.

#37 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Let's do this! Hopefully they don't spend to much time focusing on the Kinect, but most likely they will...

#38 Posted by leebmx (2216 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@leebmx said:

They already said it isn't happening on the pre conference. XD

Its just a clever smokescreen......It will be called the 720 and in an amazing partnership with Sony it will be available in a by one get one free deal with the PS4.

You have to dream big.....

#39 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Halo trailer to kick it off!

#40 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

What the fuck, I had to go to giantbomb.com/live manually? Way to catch viewers there.

#41 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

If they turn Halo into a survival horror game that'd be sweet.

#42 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Looks good.

#43 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

There could be cubes the size of apes in there!!

#44 Posted by Marokai (2808 posts) -

That Halo trailer looked a lot more interesting to me before they showed Master Chief.

#45 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

That HUD looks pretty awesome

#46 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

That jungle looks awesome!

#47 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

That Elite just got War of the Worlds-ed.

#48 Posted by Marokai (2808 posts) -

That weird thing sounded Reaper-esque.

#49 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Marokai said:

@DoctorDanger99 said:

i have nothing to live for.except to play shitty games on the kinect!

#50 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Did, did he MC just sprint? Nice!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.