Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

Microsoft's E3 2012 Press Conference: Usher-ing In a New Era of Intelligent Glass

• 134 results
    SuperSonic1305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By SuperSonic1305

BOOOORING

sthusby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By sthusby

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@sthusby said:

Alex Navarro. You try too hard to be funny. You rarely are.

I would disagree.

To each his own. It's just too obvious for me. I mean come on, look at that headline. It would have been fun if it hadn't been for the fact that everyone can think of that. And it's just all the damn time. How about just writing a normal header for once, instead of forcing in a lame joke. He's not funny. If there's one man I wouldn't mind severed all ties to Giant Bomb, it's him.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#103  Edited By MeatSim

The South Park portion of the conference was the best part.

Timnoldzim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By Timnoldzim

Ech... boring, boring, boring.

TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By TheSmashing

boring is a euphemism

YoungBuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By YoungBuck

After the first 15 minutes, the conference was hard to watch.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#107  Edited By ManMadeGod

@lordofultima said:

@ManMadeGod said:

@HerbieBug said:

Lame. :/

They could have teased something. Anything. But no.

But do you really want that? Do you really want them to show a game like lost guardian and than not see it for 2-3 years? Or say something about their new machine only to leave you hanging until NEXT YEAR to hear about it again? What's the point? Or announce games in which development hasn't even started yet (Nintendo did that with super smash last e3)? I'm so tired of seeing BS titles at these shows. In fact they MS did throw in a few 2013 trailers in the middle just because.

Yes, that is what I want. The point of E3.

The point of E3 is to show us bullshit trailers of games not coming out for three years if ever? I want nothing to do with that.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Sil3n7

LONG LIVE DON MATTRICK

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By ozzdog12

@buckybit said:

... this article is waaay too well written for such a boring event, Alex.

Basically

Cusseta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Cusseta

@insanejedi: I think people hate IE because it's the most all-up-in-your-face with random bullshit the first time you try to use it. Do you want this? Do you want that? Disable this? Enable that? Why not download firefox or chrome and not deal with all that bullshit? I'm not saying it's a great reason, but it's certainly a complaint I hear a lot (and have experienced EVERY time I have to use it on a new PC).

watership

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By watership

Alex, I get the "IE sucks LOL" part of your story above. I really do. But in the end, it's probable that the 360 will end up with the best web browser on consoles. Isn't that the point here? Unless you have web dev fiends or experience then go ahead and "GRR IE, PIXEL IS OFF".

Didion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Didion

Alex, I love you for your final thought about the tosser applauding the announcement of IE

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SomeJerk

Metroid Prime 4 looked pretty good, but super on-rails from what was shown, and following so many dull FPS standards that I bet it's got QTEs and stationary turret sequences and "player loses control of character by slipping or falling" cinematic feces, ugh.

Resident Evil is now a dead franchise.

Aarownd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114  Edited By Aarownd

I really don't see Microsoft dropping the "360" from the title of their next system. Every older person I heard talk about games say 360, not Xbox. 360 has become a more recognizable brand than the Xbox at this point.

jasondesante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115  Edited By jasondesante

Remember they said at the beginning this is going to be the biggest year ever for xbox......so ummm

gears 4,

halo 4,

fable 4

forza 5

splinter cell's solid creed 4 featuring max payne (will prob be multi platform anyways)

seriously? buy an xbox? wow they suck the WII has an internet browser and Nintendo never made a huge stink about it, neither Sony....Why does Microsoft always have the right to brag about literally nothing, and people support them? wtf

Brian_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Brian_P

Great write up Alex. Nothing negative to say here.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By Nettacki
    @MolluskLingers said:

Why is it ok for Harmonix to put out a new Dance Central literally every single year but Neversoft were insulted and bashed for putting out a new Guitar Hero every year? Shitty industry.

I don't think people had a problem with Neversoft putting out a GH every year, but instead had a problem with Activision releasing 3 or 4 full-priced Guitar Hero games each year. Harmonix at least tries to limit it to 1 or 2 new games a year with a few cheaper side titles and strong focus on DLC.
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Very disappointing press conference. And I wasn't even expecting much to begin with. The new Halo and Splinter Cell games look great but this app bullshit has gotten waaaay out of hand.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@SomeJerk said:

Metroid Prime 4 looked pretty good, but super on-rails from what was shown, and following so many dull FPS standards that I bet it's got QTEs and stationary turret sequences and "player loses control of character by slipping or falling" cinematic feces, ugh. Resident Evil is now a dead franchise.

Never played a Halo game before? The scripted sequences were most likely just for demo purposes, they did very similar things for Halo 2 and 3, but the actual games never included them. A big part of the series has always been the enemy A.I. and the fact they can act intelligently, fights will change depending on what you're doing. It doesn't rely on completely scripted encounters, like what you see in every other shooter out there at the moment.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By dropabombonit

Got to agree with you Alex, show was really underwhelming. The stuff that looked the most interesting was mulit platform games

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#121  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

I like how they introduced Internet Explorer. Dude basically says "There have been browsers on other consoles, but no one uses them because they're painfully slow!"

Dude, the fucking 360 Dashboard itself is painfully slow. It barely runs! I have no faith that they can make IE9 work well.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By dewar

@watership: But who really want to browse the internet on a console? It's not that it's IE, it's that they're bothering at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to put a gun to someones head to force them to clap for an IE related announcement.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124  Edited By Sooty

Review fixing and applaud fixing. Video games!

@insanejedi said:

@2HeadedNinja said:

@insanejedi said:

Whining about IE in that capacity = I am an uninformed idiot or I am living under a rock for more than 5 years. Get over it guys, IE9 is just as good as any browser today on a technical level.

as a webdeveloper let me say ... no ... it has gotten better but it's still worlds apart from opera, firefox or chrome.

Fact: IE9 Will get a 100/100 on an Acid3 Test

Fact: IE9 Will benchmark comparably to any other mainstream browser including Firefox and Chrome for Javascript

Fact: IE9 Will open and load as fast and in most cases faster than any other browser.

This is not opinion; these are objective repeatable facts that are cross comparable that show on a technical level that IE9 is just as good if not better than any other browser. I don't even personally use IE9 on a daily basis (thanks to Firefox Sync) but I'm tired of people being stupidly ignorant and bashing IE when the notion is outdated and no longer warranted.

IE9 sure has one horrendous UI though and it is quite behind the times still, they seem to not be bothering much with extensions.

darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By darkjester74

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to put a gun to someones head to force them to clap for an IE related announcement.

Yeah that was my feeling too. Wouldnt be surprised if there were MS plants in the audience.

MoronBhndWheel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MoronBhndWheel

@jasondesante said:

Remember they said at the beginning this is going to be the biggest year ever for xbox......so ummm

gears 4,

halo 4,

fable 4

forza 5

splinter cell's solid creed 4 featuring max payne (will prob be multi platform anyways)

seriously? buy an xbox? wow they suck the WII has an internet browser and Nintendo never made a huge stink about it, neither Sony....Why does Microsoft always have the right to brag about literally nothing, and people support them? wtf

This makes me laugh.

NewfieBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By NewfieBullet

I really hope the South Park game doesn't fall flat, would be awesome to have a good South Park game.

rramo010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By rramo010

Great article! Can't wait to watch the Bombcast!

EndlessLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By EndlessLotus

Well, Halo 4 looked good.

But that's about it....

Max_Antrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#130  Edited By Max_Antrax

The best part was when the south park guys said:

"We need this too look crappy, so we teamed up with Obsidian Entertainment" :)

ShenaniganZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ShenaniganZ

@watership said:

Alex, I get the "IE sucks LOL" part of your story above. I really do. But in the end, it's probable that the 360 will end up with the best web browser on consoles. Isn't that the point here? Unless you have web dev fiends or experience then go ahead and "GRR IE, PIXEL IS OFF".

Dude unless you can access the browser while playing a game, who cares. The only thing that would be worth a damn would be "XBOX internet explorer" "XBOX Brazzers.com" ERROR XBOX DOES NOT SUPPORT VIDEO FORMAT.....pointless

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#132  Edited By Spiritof

If this is how Microsoft thinks a market leader is suppose to act, then this industry is going to be dead inside of 10 years.

maverick_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By maverick_76

Well the article made me laugh, thanks for making something that seemed really dull fun.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By TheCowman

@Dewar said:

But who really want to browse the internet on a console? It's not that it's IE, it's that they're bothering at all.

Eh, I'd use it. Not terribly excited about it, but yeah... I'd probably use it every now and then. Sure, not worth making a big stink over, but at this point ya gotta figure 'hey, why not?'.

javaughn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#135  Edited By javaughn

hi

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.