Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Im too wimpy in this game.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Ive been playing this game safe. I stay hidden in my lovely seaside fortress while the monsters jump around outside. And when I do venture outdoors, I fight until I get down to a few hearts and then just switch to peaceful thereby turning on the proverbial lightswitch, making the monsters little more than a bad dream.  Notch made switching difficulties a little too easy.  I really don't mind the zombies, creepers and spiders. What I hate is the skeletons because i feel like i never have a fair chance against them.

But alot of the fun of this game is the risk. But i cant seem to bring myself to put my life on the edge and go out for an adventure, am I missing out on all the fun?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

Skeletons: Keep moving and fashion yourself a bow. And creepers are the only means to make TNT, so hell no, you're not missing out on the fun. Dying is as no-fun as it sounds. Collect a bunch of gunpowder then go do some serious mining with that TNT. Watch some TNT YouTube videos to give yourself something to work towards.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Stash all your stuff, bring a few pickaxes, torches, sticks and blocks and cross a good distance of the map til you find a new spot to make home.
    Remember the world is randomly generated and holds countless beauties!

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rehehelly
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Stash all your stuff, bring a few pickaxes, torches, sticks and blocks and cross a good distance of the map til you find a new spot to make home. Remember the world is randomly generated and holds countless beauties! "
    Except if you die, you go back to your original spawn, losing said new home. 

Anyway, with skeletons strafe, never strafe in the same direction as them, then just get closer and whack away (or y'know, make a bow...)

HOWEVER, I SHALL GIVE YOU AN AMAZING PIECE OF ADVICE.

MAN THE FUCK UP.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Rehehelly: 
    Then don't die? :P
    ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ViciousReiven

Build as close to the spawn point as possible so you can collect your stuff if you die, I did and now dying is a non issue, so I can go all rambo and not care

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikemcn
    @Rehehelly:  THOSE SKELETONS ARE TERRIFYING! and even on peaceful the random Ambient noises scare the crap out of me sometimes.
    Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rehehelly
    @Mikemcn: I gotta admit when there is that long period of no music and just the crunching of your feet on the grass and you hear a loud TWAANNGGG, I do jump.  

The game isn't scary/creepy, it's just kinda jumpy.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @Rehehelly:  THOSE SKELETONS ARE TERRIFYING! and even on peaceful the random Ambient noises scare the crap out of me sometimes. "
    Yeah I think they should take out the random monster noises on peaceful. It's pretty sketch.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @Rehehelly said:

" @Mikemcn: I gotta admit when there is that long period of no music and just the crunching of your feet on the grass and you hear a loud TWAANNGGG, I do jump.    The game isn't scary/creepy, it's just kinda jumpy. "

Yep, especially underground when your just digging a hole and then.....

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Driadon
    @Mikemcn: Oh god, what few sounds the enemies have in this game can really jar you. Hell, the ambient whistling when you're near a dungeon can make me shudder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.