Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft clone for XBL indie

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

So it finally happened, Minecraft clone. In a way, I couldn't be happier but yet.... I don't know what to say.   

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Someone already posted this, I maintain that its really lame. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

Already posted, but Minecraft is already a clone of another game, so it's all good.

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By havelava
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Belonpopo

DAMMM

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikemcn
    @CL60 said:

" Already posted, but Minecraft is already a clone of another game, so it's all good. "

Sorta like how every first person shooter is a clone of every first person shooter before it, right? Have you played Minecraft or infiniminer? They are honestly not similar at all. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:

" Already posted, but Minecraft is already a clone of another game, so it's all good. "

Sorta like how every first person shooter is a clone of every first person shooter before it, right? Have you played Minecraft or infiniminer? They are honestly not similar at all.  "
    Notch himself said that he copied Infiniminer.. I'm willing to listen to him instead of you.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikemcn
    @CL60 said:

" @Mikemcn said:

" @CL60 said:

Sorta like how every first person shooter is a clone of every first person shooter before it, right? Have you played Minecraft or infiniminer? They are honestly not similar at all.  "
    Notch himself said that he copied Infiniminer.. I'm willing to listen to him instead of you. "
    Notch said he was influenced by it, and he was, both games have cube blocks and building, but infiniminer was unlike it in every other way. The creator then fucked himself over by letting everyone and their brother hack the hell out of it, its unplayable now.  

I really just don't like that everything from the Bookshelf texture to the grass is simply an Up rezzed version of what minecraft did, where are the new ideas?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:

Notch himself said that he copied Infiniminer.. I'm willing to listen to him instead of you. "
    Notch said he was influenced by it, and he was, both games have cube blocks and building, but infiniminer was unlike it in every other way.  "
    Not really..Notch just took infiniminer and polished it and updated it.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:

Notch said he was influenced by it, and he was, both games have cube blocks and building, but infiniminer was unlike it in every other way.  "
    Not really..Notch just took infiniminer and polished it and updated it. "
    So you haven't played Minecraft then? Good to know. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:

So you haven't played Minecraft then? Good to know.  "
    Yes I have.. 

You haven't played infiniminer then? Good to know.  

See I can do it too.
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Potter9156

Does he have any plans for the game that amount to more than just place blocks to make junk? If not, it will get boring very quickly like Minecraft Classic. 

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

As a big fan of Minecraft, this looks pretty cool.  There have been clones popping up all over the place since the Minecraft frenzy started, I have one on my iPhone and I know of at least 2 others on there.

I'll probably stick mostly with Minecraft, because I like being able to run my own server, install mods, etc., but I can see where this might appeal to a lot of people who only game on consoles.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By LackingSaint
    @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:

Yes I have..  You haven't played infiniminer then? Good to know.   See I can do it too. "
    Huh? Terrible argument.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By onarum
    @Potter9156 said:

" Does he have any plans for the game that amount to more than just place blocks to make junk? If not, it will get boring very quickly like Minecraft Classic.  "

the dev said something about steam power and conveyor belts, he also said that he's drawing "inspiration" from both Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress, I say that if he can get even 20% of DF's complexity into a minecraft like engine I'm sold.

Also is your avatar from Arcanum?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
    @LackingSaint said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:

Yes I have..  You haven't played infiniminer then? Good to know.   See I can do it too. "
    Huh? Terrible argument. "
    Good job, you bumped up an old argument that already stopped, and was finished through PMs.
    LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By LackingSaint
    @CL60 said:
    " @LackingSaint said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @CL60 said:

Huh? Terrible argument. "
    Good job, you bumped up an old argument that already stopped, and was finished through PMs. "
    Mind if I asked what conclusion you all came to?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.