Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 is already hacked

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

According to this article i found over at 1up.com there is already hacks made available for MW2. It is still unknown if it is legit or not as the site is apparently selling them but judging from the video it looks like it might be true. 

If this is true so much for IWNET's anti-cheat system and Activisions reassurance that things like this wont happen with their new system i guess. If only there was some way there could be someone or something there to kick or ban people who are cheating. Like some kind of person or thing to moderate on a per server bases,someone who could be there in person to deal with these things as hackers come up with new workarounds to anti-cheat systems. Perhaps a group of people with special privileges who could take turns to always be around to moderate a server to keep it free of cheaters, like a mod or something. Nah that is just silly who would want something like that?

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Nasar7

That was fast.

Avatar image for risingsunset7890
    risingsunset7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By risingsunset7890

You mean like...with dedicated servers and...actual Admin's? No way! Now why would Activision want to ensure a great multiplayer experience for their latest flagship game...

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

BOUT TIME 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

meh, that stuff comes and goes.  The game can be kept up to date to fend off the hacks, and those who use the hack will be banned and required to buy another copy of the game to play again, so it slowly settles down in the end.  and by the way it is pathetic how far people will go just to be "good" at a popular game.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

The thing is if a server admin / mod can detect cheating, so can VAC.  If it's just going to be a matter of 'that guy is playing too good', it turns into a witch hunt.  I am surprised that the game got cheaters so fast, I guess it's impossible to avoid in PC gaming these days, and my choice of 360 version seems better than ever.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cheapoz

Damn PC players love to get their pointless-vendetta on. I bet people are working some long hours to 'prove a point'.

Guexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Guexx

yeah this mattchmaking shit if awful,didnt work with left 4 dead (everybody ended up using the steam server list with the console command) and isnt going to work here

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fallen_elite
    @Diamond said:
    " The thing is if a server admin / mod can detect cheating, so can VAC.  If it's just going to be a matter of 'that guy is playing too good', it turns into a witch hunt.  I am surprised that the game got cheaters so fast, I guess it's impossible to avoid in PC gaming these days, and my choice of 360 version seems better than ever. "
    You may not have hackers in the 360 version but you have to deal with modded controllers which is just as bad.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64

Stupid hackers.......
     Stupid hackers.......
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Tylea002

This is why you can't have nice things...

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Diamond
    @fallen_elite said:
    You may not have hackers in the 360 version but you have to deal with modded controllers which is just as bad.
    Not quite as bad but bad enough.  I'd be more worried about people with an effective mouse+KB mod than one of those reload modded controllers.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Cheapoz said:
    " Damn PC players love to get their pointless-vendetta on. I bet people are working some long hours to 'prove a point'. "
    not just PC players.  Cheaters try their luck on all gaming systems.
    HyBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By HyBound

I think its ironically hilarious that you are happily cheering on a group of people that basically caused Activision to fuck you over. Stop supporting hackers "proving a point" when all they are doing is proving a point as to how big of a deal anti-piracy measures need to be. So yes, this is why I happily bought this game for the 360 when i have a perfectly capable computer to run the game; in an effort to "prove" a fucking "point" these hackers are ruining the fun that you WOULD be having if you didnt spend all your time bitching about special benefits you feel you should have.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jimbo

Hahaha, so predictable.  Anybody remember when that dude hacked Battlefield 2 server-side and unlocked everything for about 5 million accounts?  Could happen.

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fallen_elite
    @HyBound said:

" I think its ironically hilarious that you are happily cheering on a group of people that basically caused Activision to fuck you over. Stop supporting hackers "proving a point" when all they are doing is proving a point as to how big of a deal anti-piracy measures need to be. So yes, this is why I happily bought this game for the 360 when i have a perfectly capable computer to run the game; in an effort to "prove" a fucking "point" these hackers are ruining the fun that you WOULD be having if you didnt spend all your time bitching about special benefits you feel you should have. "

This has nothing to do with "anti-piracy". You have to buy the game to play it online. The only thing this is proving is how unsecure the game is at this point in time. 

Also hackers didn't "cause Activision to fuck over PC gamers", IWNET wasn't made for that purpose. IWNET was made to CHARGE US FOR DLC among other things that they now have control over. VAC is already there to prevent cheaters.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty fast, I see their thing with IWnet is doing wonders

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Jeust
    @fallen_elite said:
    " @HyBound said:

" I think its ironically hilarious that you are happily cheering on a group of people that basically caused Activision to fuck you over. Stop supporting hackers "proving a point" when all they are doing is proving a point as to how big of a deal anti-piracy measures need to be. So yes, this is why I happily bought this game for the 360 when i have a perfectly capable computer to run the game; in an effort to "prove" a fucking "point" these hackers are ruining the fun that you WOULD be having if you didnt spend all your time bitching about special benefits you feel you should have. "

This has nothing to do with "anti-piracy". You have to buy the game to play it online. The only thing this is proving is how unsecure the game is at this point in time.   Also hackers didn't "cause Activision to fuck over PC gamers", IWNET wasn't made for that purpose. IWNET was made to CHARGE US FOR DLC among other things that they now have control over. VAC is already there to prevent cheaters. "
    agreed. 

Blaming the hackers is easy picking. 

Blame the profit rise they want!
    Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Buccura
    @Guexx said:
    " yeah this mattchmaking shit if awful,didnt work with left 4 dead (everybody ended up using the steam server list with the console command) and isnt going to work here "
    I dunno, I never had much problems with it in L4D
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21  Edited By natetodamax

Exactly why I don't play games on a PC

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JoelTGM
    @natetodamax said:
    " Exactly why I don't play games on a PC "
    I've never encountered a hacker like that, except once in Battlefield Heroes lol... the main hacking or exploiting I encountered was Halo 2...  I don't think it's reasonable to shrug off PC gaming just because of the slim chances of running into a hacker, and if you do there's no reason why you can't leave the server and join a different game.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#23  Edited By sjschmidt93

I thought it had VAC. 

By the way, fuck the PC gamer/gaming sterotypes. FUCK THEM.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Griddler

Yupp, totally unhackable.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

ha, nice hack. it is pretty cool i guess but sad for the people that played that person. i want to see how this will end up. this sounds crazy that it already has a hack for the game it isn't really even out yet. i think.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By TheHBK

You can still create private games you know.... and selling hacks?  do people actually buy these?  And this is what patches and updates are for, and forcing people to update to play on IWnet.  It will catch them.  Its not that the game is unhackable, come on its a game, not an OS or something like that.  Look at the iphone OS.  They make all efforts to keep that from being hacked, but it is hacked 1 day after the last update.  No, it is about IWnet being able to catch hackers, so we just have to wait and see how long it takes for them to add this recognition to the IW system.  besides, this business cant go over well.  those hacks will only be viable for what?  2 or 3 days after release?

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Less then two days into the WaW "BETA" and someone was using an aimbot.

That is why when IW made their statements about IW.net, anyone with any shred of knowledge about PC gaming knew they were bullshitting.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I was just in a match with someone hacking.  I few people reported and he dropped from the match in a matter of minutes.  Hosting duties changed and we resumed.   First and only time so far.  

Also is that PC?  Its even rarer on consoles.  Just another example of why PC gamers are the absolute worst gamers.  

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro
    @SoothsayerGB said:

"  Just another example of why PC gamers are the absolute worst gamers.   "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_LLN1_ZU0

It's just too easy proving you people wrong.
    Fuzz_Butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fuzz_Butt
    @Guexx said:
    " yeah this mattchmaking shit if awful,didnt work with left 4 dead (everybody ended up using the steam server list with the console command) and isnt going to work here "
    Wait. How do you do that?
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#31  Edited By Forcen

VAC uses delayed bans, so hopefully these guys will soon have to buy a new copy of the game on a different Steam account, or stick to single player.

But yeah, hackers suck. But i bet cod4 did have day one hackers, not yet banned hackers to.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pinkshley1

If consoles allowed the customization of PCs then consoles would have just as many hacks. It really has nothing to do with which platform is better.

noonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By noonz
    MikeHaggarKJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MikeHaggarKJ

theyre are probably already vac banned

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lucas_kelly

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this is why we need dedicated servers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.