Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360 - 980/1000

DiehardKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By DiehardKill

BLEH! So close to 1000 points only twenty points away! The last achievement is of course the intel collecting which i hate doing! This game in my mind is completed but i will eventually take the time and go back through the levels again to gather the intel that i missed. Anyway on with the review. This game is fantastic! The game has everything from fantastic graphics to an amazing story line. I enjoyed every bit of the campaign mode and would recommend it to anyone that likes first person shooters.

The achievements for the game are fairly easy to obtain. If you start the campaign after playing online for awhile like i did you will breeze right through the game. In the beginning of the story line when i ran the “pit” i had to do it under a certain amount of time to get achievement i cant recall what the time i had to beat but basically you cant mess up shooting pedestrians and dont miss and hostiles! I think the easiest way to get the achievement is to use dual pistols and reload when jumping down off the building. Try to get veteran mode your first time around so all the lower difficulty achievements unlock when you complete the missions.

The hardest achievement to get in this game is star 69 achievement and boy was it a goal. Me and a friend took a couple weeks to get this one that is because we didn’t play often but all together it would of taken probably just a day or two in 3-4 sessions. Only advise i can tell you is to be patient if you just run in gunning your going to die and so is your partner so just go slow.

On the harder missions (on echo) you will be running quite often if your parter is bleeding out make them chase you away form your partner and run back and revive him dont try to be a hero and try to revive while being shot most of the time you will die and have to restart the mission all over.

Another thing i want to add is i love the multi-player on modern ware fare! Its a great experience and sometimes comical with the people on yelling at each other from time to time. If you are offended by strong language I recommend you do not get online but all in all this game gets an A in my book.

Stay tuned for my next update you can request to be my friend. My gamertag is diehardkillzone.

DiehardKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DiehardKill

BLEH! So close to 1000 points only twenty points away! The last achievement is of course the intel collecting which i hate doing! This game in my mind is completed but i will eventually take the time and go back through the levels again to gather the intel that i missed. Anyway on with the review. This game is fantastic! The game has everything from fantastic graphics to an amazing story line. I enjoyed every bit of the campaign mode and would recommend it to anyone that likes first person shooters.

The achievements for the game are fairly easy to obtain. If you start the campaign after playing online for awhile like i did you will breeze right through the game. In the beginning of the story line when i ran the “pit” i had to do it under a certain amount of time to get achievement i cant recall what the time i had to beat but basically you cant mess up shooting pedestrians and dont miss and hostiles! I think the easiest way to get the achievement is to use dual pistols and reload when jumping down off the building. Try to get veteran mode your first time around so all the lower difficulty achievements unlock when you complete the missions.

The hardest achievement to get in this game is star 69 achievement and boy was it a goal. Me and a friend took a couple weeks to get this one that is because we didn’t play often but all together it would of taken probably just a day or two in 3-4 sessions. Only advise i can tell you is to be patient if you just run in gunning your going to die and so is your partner so just go slow.

On the harder missions (on echo) you will be running quite often if your parter is bleeding out make them chase you away form your partner and run back and revive him dont try to be a hero and try to revive while being shot most of the time you will die and have to restart the mission all over.

Another thing i want to add is i love the multi-player on modern ware fare! Its a great experience and sometimes comical with the people on yelling at each other from time to time. If you are offended by strong language I recommend you do not get online but all in all this game gets an A in my book.

Stay tuned for my next update you can request to be my friend. My gamertag is diehardkillzone.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You can get the intel within 4 hours if you have a guide.  It's well worth the S-rank :P  Star 69 was quite satisfying to get.  The only one my brother and I had a LOT of trouble on was the one that has tons of crashed planes and several juggernaut spawns.  I think it's called Snatch and Grab.

DiehardKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DiehardKill
    @xobballox: yea snatch and grab was annoying what i ended up doing is at the part right before you jump down off the airplane to fight more guys towards the end i stepped close to the edge of the plane. So the juggernaut  came from behind me and i sat there and waited on him with a sniper. Then finished the level. 
    WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WickedFather

I've got 980 and it is the intel I'm missing, just 5 of them but I've given up the cheevos so don't give a toss about getting them.  Give 'em up, you'll love games being fun again.

DiehardKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DiehardKill

true, i could give it up but its so close to the 1000 mark good thing is when i ran it through veteran i didn't collect 1 intel i dont think so at least. So ill just grab a guide probably in a couple days and run through it all that way i know if i missed one or not because i haven't earned any. 

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By hicks91
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

Really? Your last achievement is one of the easiest ones? You're lucky.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93

I thought you wrote a MW2 on a 1000 point scale.

ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ip007
    @xobballox: Yup, that bloody mission is the toughest. Somehow my partner and I made it through after a couple of tries. The funny thing is with this map is that every time you play it, and believe me I have played it a ton of times now - to help my other buddies get the achievement, it's a little bit varied when it comes to the spawns and positions of the Juggernauts and other enemies. Sometimes you get to the end of the mission and there are no enemies there for some reason. Other times you have to kill five or six Juggernauts which is a pain in the ass.
    ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ip007
    @DiehardKill: I think if you missed only one and don't remember which mission it was then you could just start all the missions and press Start to bring up the pause menu and in the bottom left corner you can see a number telling you how many Intels there are and how many you have acquired on that particular map. This is just so you don't need to go through every mission again.
    DiehardKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DiehardKill
    @SJSchmidt93:  Usually i do but this game is as good as done in my mind. I will go back and get those intels probably next weekend. 
    DiehardKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DiehardKill
    @ip007: thanks for the advice i didnt know that! this will help when i do the damn achievement next weekend!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.