Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Negative XP, resetting people's ranks.

• 72 results
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Hannibal

Wait, so the hack is only in private matches?

That means that 99% of the time it'll be someone trying to XP glitch up. To that I say, LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@Hannibal: They set up a private match, but the hack is that it will dump people from matchmaking games in there. It used to happen with infinite ammo and instant reloads, it would be a private match where the host chose the rules but you would still get xp.
    Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Valco

Sorry to bring this back, but I just thought I give the heads up to PC players, these hacking motherfuckers have put it onto PC now. I just lost 46 levels.And now I come to think of it, all my challenges. FUCKERS! ahem. Anywho, i joined a groundwar game in terminal, which was pretty laggy, to the point of not being able to shoot people. I eventually did kill a guy and got like a 7 digit amount of Xp, complete with decimals. I then checked my level, and lo and behold it was level one. Then, the game's connection to steam failed, and it closed. So, i joined another groundwar game, and when i joined it said it red letters "Daily Xp Boost- giving you your daily boost of XP" across the center of the screen. I now have to endure 10 levels before I get even a fucking kill streak. So looks like its back to the fucking coal face here.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

Whats next? One kill then you get nuke?

LMFAO at comment    "HAHA! Take that xbox! Enjoy your DLC at level 1!!!!!!"   XD XD

RisingRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By RisingRaiden

ROFLMAO!!!!!!  Wow, now i remember why i sold this game...

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By faustyn

calm down. first of all it's really rare. also if you somehow find a game with negative xp after receiving those -2mil points just press the guide button and go to dashboard. that solves the problem.
    oh and usually leave lobbies that are filled with people with nicknames made out of buttons from 360 controller. AXBY etc. ( like this one )

Bahamutduo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By Bahamutduo

I'm still skeptical. All the guy needed to do to fake this in the video is to prestige and show his titles.  I want to see the screen with the previous match score in the negatives. THEN I'll Believe that it is a real hack.  Like the poster in the link said, pics or it didn't happen.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By RandomHero666

IW really need to get their finger out.. today i saw someone with XBJamieYB as a gamertag.. ABXY being the same color as the buttons and Jamie being multicolored.. i fucking hate hackers/glitchers

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By wickedsc3

Dude serisouly if this happens to me i am writing infinity ward a letter and inclosed will be my copy of mw2 and i will be getting my money back!!!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CL60
    @RandomHero666 said:
    " IW really need to get their finger out.. today i saw someone with XBJamieYB as a gamertag.. ABXY being the same color as the buttons and Jamie being multicolored.. i fucking hate hackers/glitchers "
    Omfg somebody changed their gamertag using a hack. Oh noes, he has a massive unfair advantage!.
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Trilogy

I haven't played MW2 in a while but this is just fucking terrible.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RandomHero666

@CL60 said:
    " @RandomHero666 said:
    " IW really need to get their finger out.. today i saw someone with XBJamieYB as a gamertag.. ABXY being the same color as the buttons and Jamie being multicolored.. i fucking hate hackers/glitchers "
    Omfg somebody changed their gamertag using a hack. Oh noes, he has a massive unfair advantage!. "

Ahh its you.. anyway thats not the point... the game is fucking full of hackers/glitchers.. it takes the piss
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CL60
    @RandomHero666 said:
    "
    @CL60 said:
    " @RandomHero666 said:
    Omfg somebody changed their gamertag using a hack. Oh noes, he has a massive unfair advantage!. "
    Ahh its you.. anyway thats not the point... the game is fucking full of hackers/glitchers.. it takes the piss "
    It's me? I don't even know you. All I'm saying what you said is dumb. Somebody changing their gamertag...boo hoo. It's easy to do. All you need is a memory card, bam you can do it within seconds.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RandomHero666
    @CL60: Everything you say is sarcastic and/or negative, every post i read of yours.. you're arguing with someone.
    So... complaining about hackers makes me dumb? I honestly don't see why.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CL60
    @RandomHero666 said:
    " @CL60: Everything you say is sarcastic and/or negative, every post i read of yours.. you're arguing with someone. So... complaining about hackers makes me dumb? I honestly don't see why. "
    Yes complaining about something that has no impact on the game what so ever that can barely be considered a hack is indeed dumb.  If you complain about actual hacks like things that affect the XP or something, then yes that is fine. But to complain about something as stupid as somebody changing the colors in their gamertag is dumb.

And yes, of course, every one of my almost 7000 posts is arguing with somebody, even though I'm sure you have probably only ever read about 40 of those posts maximum.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RandomHero666
    @CL60: ahh nvm.. you're missing the point.
    This just proves what i said before.. always trying to argue with someone for no fucking reason, we've been here before and you did the same.. never taking into account what someone else is saying.. always trying to prolong the argument.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CL60
    @RandomHero666 said:
    " @CL60: ahh nvm.. you're missing the point. This just proves what i said before.. always trying to argue with someone for no fucking reason, we've been here before and you did the same.. never taking into account what someone else is saying.. always trying to prolong the argument. "
    Whatever. That proves absolutely nothing. Fact is you complained about somebody changing the color of their gamertag and I said it's dumb to complain about something like that. It's okay to complain about real hacks...but not that. 

I'm done talking to you, because you apparently wont listen to anything I say.
    Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

LOL i play on PSN so im oright, sucks if this happens to XBL users, i hope these bastards get banned! and since its XBL, i dnt think people should worry if it was a fake alternate account

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Rebirth1337

This game is seriously broken. I can't play one damn game with out some dick using the care package glitch. Wtf are IW doing? I sure as hell can't wait for BC2 to come out.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Skytylz

i'd laugh if this happened to me.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#72  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @DRE7777 said:

" @eroticfishcake: No one plays the PS3 version online. "  

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MrKlorox

Lowest Common Denominator strikes again! Halo was truly a scourge to online gaming after all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.