Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

New DLC exclusive to 360 for first thirty days.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

So, it looks like MW 2 will be getting some new content this spring, and it looks like it will be exclusive to 360 for the first thirty days. Even though I play on 360, I find this ridiculous. 

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/701982/Modern-Warfare-2-DLC-Exclusive-To-360-For-30-Days.html

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Why is this ridiculous?

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs

M$ has the cash to say,
    "Fuck You Sony, You and all your FanBoys can suck it"

And so they do.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    The comments on that article are ridiculous
    MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I don't see any reason why it couldn't come out on PS3 at the same time.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Rayfield

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Coombs
    @MiamiRedHawks said:
    " I don't see any reason why it couldn't come out on PS3 at the same time. "
    It could,
    But M$ has paid for the rights to it,
    So they can have it exclusive for X amount of time
    MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
    @natetodamax: Yeah, G4 forums are full of trolls.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Three0neFive

Who cares? Modern Warfare 2 is a shitty game anyway, don't know why you'd want to spend more money on it in the first place.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Since the article claims there are two DLC packages, I'm guessing one is for spec ops, and the other is multiplayer maps.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

So they can make a DLC but not fix the spawn system? IW... you make me LOL

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fallen_elite
    @Three0neFive said:
    " Who cares? Modern Warfare 2 is a shitty game anyway, don't know why you'd want to spend more money on it in the first place. "
    fourzerotwo, is that you???
    MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
    @Three0neFive: why waste your time commenting on a game that you hate?
    MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
    @Three0neFive said:
    " Who cares? Modern Warfare 2 is a shitty game anyway, don't know why you'd want to spend more money on it in the first place. "
    Why are you wasting your time commenting in forums about a game you don't like?
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rayfield
    @fallen_elite: 

Dude, your avatar is still creeping me out.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Three0neFive
    @fallen_elite said:

" @Three0neFive said:

fourzerotwo, is that you??? "
    I absolutely DESPISE that man. Not because he lied to the community, I've gotten past that. No, I hate him because until that guy became a quasi-internet celebrity in the past few years, my handle was actually unique. Bitch stole my shtick D:

@MiamiRedHawks said:

" @Three0neFive: why waste your time commenting on a game that you hate? "

Sorry, that's such a fucking stupid defense that I'm incredibly tired of hearing sheep like yourself spit out at anyone who disagrees with your choice in games. It took all of eighteen seconds to summarize my feelings into that sentence, type it and hit "Post Reply". What the hell can I do in 18 seconds that is of any value whatsoever?
    Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Three0neFive:

Seriously if your tired of hearing that response then you have been doing to much trolling, were you really expecting any other sort of response to that post? Did you make any sort of points or say anything besides The game sucks? 
    priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By priorityseven
    @Three0neFive said:
    " @fallen_elite said:

" @Three0neFive said:

fourzerotwo, is that you??? "
    I absolutely DESPISE that man. Not because he lied to the community, I've gotten past that. No, I hate him because until that guy became a quasi-internet celebrity in the past few years, my handle was actually unique. Bitch stole my shtick D:

@MiamiRedHawks said:

Sorry, that's such a fucking stupid defense that I'm incredibly tired of hearing sheep like yourself spit out at anyone who disagrees with your choice in games. It took all of eighteen seconds to summarize my feelings into that sentence, type it and hit "Post Reply". What the hell can I do in 18 seconds that is of any value whatsoever? "
    To be honest, I don't know if you can do anything of value here, regardless of time allotted. 
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Resident4t said:

" @Three0neFive: Seriously if your tired of hearing that response then you have been doing to much trolling, were you really expecting any other sort of response to that post? Did you make any sort of points or say anything besides The game sucks?  "

I wasn't expecting any response. Just felt I would post my opinion.

And quite the contrary, I enjoy having actual conversations rather than trolling. It's just that "if u dun liek it thn y u comment?!?!?" is literally the default response these people have for anyone who says anything besides "best [game/movie/artist]  evar omg!11". It is programmed into their very close-minded brains. If you have even the slightest criticism (which wasn't the case here, I obviously have more than a slight problem with the game, but my point still stands) for whatever the thread's about that is literally the only response you will get from people like  MiamiRedHawks.  I've seen it in every single therad about every single topic in every single forum I've been to, practically every single day.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By meteora

Well, Microsoft paid for it. I was actually expecting the exclusive to last for a pretty insignificant amount of time; say 2 weeks or so. But I suppose one month would be where Microsoft would try to aim for cost efficiency.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ch13696

First off I think this forum post will be locked soon. That's what MB will probably do. Second, though I own the PS3 version, I'm not surprised that this is happening. A lot of people, and I mean A LOT, own the 360 version.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Coombs
    @Three0neFive said:
    " @Resident4t said:

" @Three0neFive: Seriously if your tired of hearing that response then you have been doing to much trolling, were you really expecting any other sort of response to that post? Did you make any sort of points or say anything besides The game sucks?  "

And quite the contrary, I enjoy having actual conversations rather than trolling. It's just that "if u dun liek it thn y u comment?!?!?" is literally the default response these people have for anyone who says anything besides "best [game/movie/artist]  evar omg!11". It is programmed into their very close-minded brains. If you have even the slightest criticism (which wasn't the case here, I obviously have more than a slight problem with the game, but my point still stands) for whatever the thread's about that is literally the only response you will get from people like  MiamiRedHawks.  I've seen it in every single therad about every single topic in every single forum I've been to, practically every single day. "
    No, 
    It's a valid point, If you don't like the game Why go into a thread about it?
    Unless of course you want to start an argument about it.

I really don't like SFIV,
    But I don't go into the SFIV threads and bash it.
    Because I'm not a douchebag.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Gabriel

I wonder how much they paid for Thirty days, hopefully it will be bug free when it comes to PS3.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Coombs said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @Resident4t said:

And quite the contrary, I enjoy having actual conversations rather than trolling. It's just that "if u dun liek it thn y u comment?!?!?" is literally the default response these people have for anyone who says anything besides "best [game/movie/artist]  evar omg!11". It is programmed into their very close-minded brains. If you have even the slightest criticism (which wasn't the case here, I obviously have more than a slight problem with the game, but my point still stands) for whatever the thread's about that is literally the only response you will get from people like  MiamiRedHawks.  I've seen it in every single therad about every single topic in every single forum I've been to, practically every single day. "
    No,  It's a valid point, If you don't like the game Why go into a thread about it? Unless of course you want to start an argument about it.  I really don't like SFIV,But I don't go into the SFIV threads and bash it. Because I'm not a douchebag. "
    Maybe because a forum is a place for discussion and you can't have a discussion if every person just says "lol neet, i cant wait rofl".

you can has logics?
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

ummm where is it lined out that Microsoft paid for exclusivity?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Gabriel said:

" I wonder how much they paid for Thirty days, hopefully it will be bug free when it comes to PS3. "

Probably over 9000 one-hundred dollar bills.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kmdrkul
    @Three0neFive said:

" @Coombs said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @Resident4t said:

No,  It's a valid point, If you don't like the game Why go into a thread about it? Unless of course you want to start an argument about it.  I really don't like SFIV,But I don't go into the SFIV threads and bash it. Because I'm not a douchebag. "
    Maybe because a forum is a place for discussion and you can't have a discussion if every person just says "lol neet, i cant wait rofl".  you can has logics? "
    What the hell can be discussed by you coming in and saying a game is shit?  Don't try to pull that logic bullshit when you have zero idea what you are talking about.  If you *really* wanted to discuss what everyone thought about a game, you wouldn't go about doing it like you did.

You know what you did, and you're failing at trying to cover for yourself.  Do everyone here a favor and just shut your mouth. 

@Three0neFive said:

What the hell can I do in 18 seconds that is of any value whatsoever? "

You can not be a complete and utter tool on these forums, thats for one.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

o cool i guess. i'm kind of disapointed that the article only said that. i kind of want more detail on what the DLC is going to be. if it is going to spec ops missions then no thanks. i didn't even start spec ops. i'm only 4% into it and of that my friend played it.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pibo47

I play on the 360, soooo idc. It is weird though...30 days..thats it? huh

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TwoOneFive

wo00o0ow. seriously this was one of the highlights of MS's E3... which means their E3 actually sucked and many of the critics (GB staff included, save for Vinny stayed wise and sharp) bought into all of the money MS poured into that show to make up for the seriously lack of content.  
    anyways...
    30 days is just lame and i think IW is fucking stupid for this. they're just pissing off a massive amount of their customers. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @iam3green said:
    " o cool i guess. i'm kind of disapointed that the article only said that. i kind of want more detail on what the DLC is going to be. if it is going to spec ops missions then no thanks. i didn't even start spec ops. i'm only 4% into it and of that my friend played it. "
    you're really missing out dude. seriously.  
    i would be really happy if the DLC pack included both spec ops missions and mp maps. and then cheaper if you just want them separately. 
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nasar7
    @TwoOneFive: Well we already know that they couldn't think any less of their customers so this comes as no surprise.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Coombs
    @Three0neFive:    144 posts

@TwoOneFive:      5,429 posts

@Three0neFive said:

my handle was actually unique. Bitch stole my shtick D:

lol
    (I know you were talking about someone else, But still.... So Unique)
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RsistncE

Who cares? The game is fucked to hell online. Even though my 360 is away for repairs, I still wouldn't play because of the new "Negative XP" glitch. Thanks, but no thanks.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By WickedCestus
    @Three0neFive said: 

@MiamiRedHawks said:

Sorry, that's such a fucking stupid defense that I'm incredibly tired of hearing sheep like yourself spit out at anyone who disagrees with your choice in games. It took all of eighteen seconds to summarize my feelings into that sentence, type it and hit "Post Reply". What the hell can I do in 18 seconds that is of any value whatsoever? "  

How about fuck off because nobody here cares that you don't like it?
    kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kagekage
    Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By weegieanawrench

Sounds pretty cool. I hope there are new maps that will add some good variety to the online experience. 

Hope it isn't too expensive...

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Demyx

Haven't bought the game, don't plan on it. Even then, wouldn't buy any DLC. This trend is kind of annoying though.

Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Coldfront

You guys this is old news they told everyone this way before launch it was bigish news then I'm not really sure how you missed it. Also it is what your paying 50 bucks a year for online is for.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By K0rN
    @MiamiRedHawks said:
    "I don't see any reason why it couldn't come out on PS3 at the same time. "

It's called business. That makes me glad I bought the game on my Xbox 360 instead of my PS3
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#41  Edited By beargirl1

i own both versions and i still find this pretty dumb.  

*sigh* oh well, can't have it your way all the time. 

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
    @Three0neFive said:

" @Coombs said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @Resident4t said:

Maybe because a forum is a place for discussion and you can't have a discussion if every person just says "lol neet, i cant wait rofl".  you can has logics? "
     Woah buddy settle down. You better learn to not take things so personally. If you keep attacking members on this site your going to run into problems. This community isn't made of people who will stand for that shit.
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By George_Hukas
    @Three0neFive said:

" @Coombs said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @Resident4t said:

@Three0neFive said:

Ok troll

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.