Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Not really sure which version fo MW 2 to get.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

(and I mean Modern warfare 2, not Mech Warrior 2)

Hmm, im in a bit of a perplexing dillema. I bought the original on 360, because I thought it looked a tad better on that. (not alot, but just a bit) but I didnt really play online that much because my freinds on LIVE are NEVER on when im on,( which makes me question why I pay 50 a year when I cant even play with freinds online because there never on). anyway, back on topic. I actually have been trying to buy more PS3 games, since I have like a 3 to 1 ratio of 360 to PS3 games (360 having more) But im not sure how well the version on PS3 will be since more than likely itll be a port of 360 (unless they dont lead on 360) or if itll be like the first, where both looked good, but 360 version looked and played a bit better for some reason. also, Activision isnt the biggest PS3 fans these days, so (and this is just the Conspiracey theorist in me talking) I wouldnt really put it past them to not make sure the PS3 version was exactly the same as the 360 version visually and etc.

Anyway, some will say that I should get it on 360 for live, but if my friends are never on, whats the point? Ill be playing with Strangers on either version probaly. Wasnt COD 4s online matchmaking a bit better on PS3 anyway? (or was that something else?)  anyway, maybe ill just rent both version off gamefly and compare them like that.  Oh, I also got these niffty Trigger attachments for PS3 called real triggers, so now there good for FPS's.

(BTW: I actually typed slow this time so I didnt make Spelling mistakes like my other threads. or atleast I tried my best.)

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

If you're really not that bothered about getting the Hardened or Prestiged editions, I'd say wait it out and see what reviews about both versions say to help with your decision.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Personally I think shooters play like shit on the DS3. Also, I have tons of people to play with on 360 (and no ps3, hehe) so I'm obviously going for that route. If you want to play it on PS3 and you have more people to play it with there though that's where I'd go. 

Also you still have a ton of spelling mistakes but good effort.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Protip: You can meet new people online. Trust me, a lot of my real life friends only have real life friends on their friends list. I, on the other hand, have half my list filled up with random people I met online, and it's still fun! Just start talking to your team about the game or other stuff, if they're cool send them a friend invite.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ravensword

well, I cant change the titles, so thats gonna be spelled wrong.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I can't really imagine playing a FPS on the PS3. I honestly can't stand the controller expecially if I just switched over from playing Halo 3 or something. I would have enjoyed Killzone 2 so much more if I had been using my 360 controller.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Hitchenson

Well, if DLC is your thing. The 360 gets a short timed exclusivity with two map packs for the game.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

Its not just the "triggers" that suck on the DS3 its also the analog sticks, for other games like platformers and rpgs they are great but for FPS, they suck monkey nuts.  I say go with the 360 version, achievements and like you said better matchmaking.  Anyway, I played COD4 with strangers most of the time because my friends didn't get into it that much, more of a halo and gears crowd there.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By matthew

I kinda like the DS3...
    But as for what version to shoot for, I would just go for the basic game.  Thats what you're going to spend your time on.  As for which system....I would shoot for PS3, just so you don't have to worry about the early teens singing songs in your ear the whole time.  On PS3 at least nobody has a mic :D

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

I agree with Jayge. I can't play FPS's on PS3's effectively. It is just off for me. I tried to play Bioshock and found the looking and shooting mechanics to be a bit archaic. But that is just my opinion. If you have more friends on XBL than PSN, go with that version. If vice versa, then go with the other. I am sure both versions will be almost identical.

HeliumSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By HeliumSpoon

No Caption Provided

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

PC FOR LIFE BABAAAAAAAAAAAY

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JJOR64
    @Jayge said:
    " Personally I think shooters play like shit on the DS3. Also, I have tons of people to play with on 360 (and no ps3, hehe) so I'm obviously going for that route. If you want to play it on PS3 and you have more people to play it with there though that's where I'd go. 

Also you still have a ton of spelling mistakes but good effort.
    "
    Agreed at the DuelShock 3 thing.  That is probably why I didn't enjoy Killzone 2 that much.
    phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By phlegms

I really hate the ps3 controller, it just feels too light or something. I say get it on the 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.