Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

The quantum leap between CoD4 and MW2

BradF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BradF

Hey everyone.  I wrote a short blog post about what Infinity Ward managed to do between CoD2 and Cod4, and how exciting it is to think of the calibur MW2 will be after two years of Infinity Ward expanding and improving on the excellent CoD4.

So I was wondering what your guys expectations for Modern Warfare 2 is.  Where do you hope Infinity Ward really goes back and says, "We can do more with this" from CoD4?  What are your expectations for matchmaking and the experience system?

Oh, and is anyone keeping count on how many days until Nov 10?  I'm just curious.  :)

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

More costumazible weapons online and more shooting fools

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail
    @Pie said:
    " More costumazible weapons online and more shooting fools "
    With better graphics and more settings (scenarios).
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I hope there will be a quantum leap, but for some reason I don't think there will be.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

The title made me think they should make a Call of Duty game where every stage takes place in a different period of conflict and you play as Dr. Sam Becket, voiced and modelled on Scott Bakula, travelling between them in order to help win significant battles.

BradF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BradF
    @Death_Unicorn said: 
    " I hope there will be a quantum leap, but for some reason I don't think there will be. "
    Any particular reason why?
    spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spiredcrescent
    @BradF:
    I would really like more customization in the weapons.  Kind of like a more in depth version of what army of two was doing.  Let me put diamonds on my m9, or at least custom paint jobs and bullpup kits, that sort of thing
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    " I hope there will be a quantum leap, but for some reason I don't think there will be. "
    It already is a big leap just from what we know already. It's not a COD game anymore, the single player at least is completely overhauled, ditching the 100% scripted style, adding actual enemy AI and allowing you to choose how to best tackle a given mission, without ommiting the spectacular set pieces they're known for. Then there are drivable vehicles, udnerwater sections, a dedicated co-op mode...
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Akeldama
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    does there need to be? no
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    There won't be.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By damswedon
    @HandsomeDead: that story + infinity ward - need to unlock weapons in multiplayer = greatest game of all time.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kmdrkul

I'm putting my money on MW2's multiplayer being exactly the same as CoD4's.  Sure, new levels and news guns, but it's online won't have the "wow" factor that CoD4 had.  I know IW will deliver on the single player story though.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Including today, there are 124 days til MW2 drops.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By lemon360
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " The title made me think they should make a Call of Duty game where every stage takes place in a different period of conflict and you play as Dr. Sam Becket, voiced and modelled on Scott Bakula, travelling between them in order to help win significant battles. "
    quantum leap reference
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BradF: And you can make your own countdown right here.
    marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By marlow83
    @Al3xand3r: I thought they said there was no co-op?

Anyway, MW2 won't make a quantum leap. All IW is doing is adding enemy AI a few years after that became the standard. There are vehicle sequences, but those have been done in another COD game, and we all loved them so much then. And I can't see the underwater mission being that exciting, but it could be, you never know.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By EpicSteve

It'll be more of the same, which is awesome. 

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " The title made me think they should make a Call of Duty game where every stage takes place in a different period of conflict and you play as Dr. Sam Becket, voiced and modelled on Scott Bakula, travelling between them in order to help win significant battles. "
    ... Goddamn it, did you steal my ideas booklet?
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlow83 said:
    " @Al3xand3r: I thought they said there was no co-op?

Anyway, MW2 won't make a quantum leap. All IW is doing is adding enemy AI a few years after that became the standard. There are vehicle sequences, but those have been done in another COD game, and we all loved them so much then. And I can't see the underwater mission being that exciting, but it could be, you never know. "
    There is some co-op. Only in the Special-Ops mode mostly built for Co-Op in a similar way to Mile High Club.
    shinyd3mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By shinyd3mon
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    Why would they make a huge difference in a sequel guaranteed to be a smash-hit? You've undoubtedly seen the E3 gameplay videos, does it look any different than MW1?

No. It absolutely doesn't have to be, either.

Come on, will a 'quantum leap' in design change your decision whether to buy it or not? We all will buy it, and we will love it.
    marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By marlow83
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " @marlow83 said:
    " @Al3xand3r: I thought they said there was no co-op?

Anyway, MW2 won't make a quantum leap. All IW is doing is adding enemy AI a few years after that became the standard. There are vehicle sequences, but those have been done in another COD game, and we all loved them so much then. And I can't see the underwater mission being that exciting, but it could be, you never know. "
    There is some co-op. Only in the Special-Ops mode mostly built for Co-Op in a similar way to Mile High Club. "
    Oh, cool. Sounds good
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince

Looks like the put more time into the story this time and they made it even more cinematic.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ef0a89a161
    deactivated-629ef0a89a161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destructable buildings like the Battlefield games.....come on its about t ime this was implemented in Cod.  It makes the whole experiance so much more satisfying.

Ive really been enjoying Battlefield 1943 but i cant help but feel when Modern Warfare 2 comes out....and i throw a grenade, or use an rpg......im gona feel really let down when all i see is a black stain on the walls.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Player1

Why am I the first person to call this guy out for blatantly advertising his blog post/website? He trys to hide it by asking one relevant question...and then wether we are keeping a countdown? Seriously? This is what blog post are for. On top of that...that was his first post. God. I hate when people join sites to advertise. 

Sorry to be a mini mod. I hate when people do that. But I mean. Come on. I think its necessary here. 

But while I'm here. No I'm not keeping a countdown. And yes Mw2 will be extremely awesome and badass. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.