Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 08, 2012

ModNation Racers: Road Trip is a racing game for the PS Vita that refines the "Race, Create and Share" concept that ModNation Racers for PS3 started.

The response to why there is no online is insulting

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

Wow have you guys read what they posted on the Playstation Blog? Specifically the last paragraph:

I know there are some of you that are disappointed that ModNation Racers: Road Trip doesn’t let you play head-to-head online other than ad-hoc. But we really wanted to evolve online functionality and take advantage of the PlayStation Vita’s unique feature set in new ways. If all we ever did as developers is rehash features that have been done in previous games, we’d still be entering passwords instead of using save files and you’d have to start the entire game over after you lost your three lives (extra 1-ups aside). While online head-to-head has been a mode used in many games in recent years, we focused on making a game that is crafted for how portable games are most often played—in quicker “pick up and play” sessions multiple times in a day. Your online interaction, competition and socialization will always be when it’s convenient for you. I hope that all of you are as interested to check-out the robust online features that ModNation Racers: Road Trip has as we are to see you enjoy them!

That is some baby-back bullshit. Would it have been to much to say "hey guy's were sorry but the loading times just would have been ridiculous" or "we didn't have enough time to add online because we are rushing the game to release at launch". This was one of my most anticipated games of the year and now I couldn't give less of a fuck. What do you guys think of this excuse? Am I right in being insulted that he is trying to say that it is more fun to beat lap times then race online and that online play is a rehash feature that has been done in previous games and was therefore not included?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MethodMan008

Ha... Yeah that is a pretty bullshit excuse.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RVonE

Yeah, that sounds like a bunch of bullshit spin-doctoring right there. Having no online multiplayer in this kind of game and on a new system is weirding me out.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By phantomzxro

Yeah its crap i have the ps3 version so now there is really no reason to pick it up and for my mobile cart racing kick i will just get mario kart 7 which is great too.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Equivalent of "Why are we using sound in this game? Everyone keeps rehashing the use of audio in gaming, it's time to put those resources into other areas."

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By fox01313

Rehashing features done in previous games for this wouldn't be that much of a bad thing considering they haven't had a lot of previous games in this franchise. How strange to see this response to a possible cart racing hit on the new handheld.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Guys. The games industry is evolving PAST online. Get used to it. No just kidding that's a stupid excuse.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CaptainCody

Holy shit, how is the community for this game going to thrive if they can't even release complete multiplayer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.