Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers is a racing game using Sony's "Play, Create, Share" mantra -- applied in ModNation Racers as "Race, Create, Share". Like other titles in the series such as LittleBigPlanet, it allows players to customize characters, create their own levels/tracks, and share them online on the PlayStation Network.

ModNation LoadScreens

cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By cancerdancer

Holy mother of Jesus, I don't know if I have stared at longer or more load screens this generation of gaming. I got this game through GameFly today along with Dead Space and I decided to knock this one out before I get into a more serious game. And as fun as the modifying is, the load screen is what you see most of the time. Loading screen for the opening credits, loading screen to get into the main hub, loading screen to change your character, loading screen to go back into the hub, loading screen to race. And these aren't quick loads, these things at least FEEL close to a minute every time. Does this not drive anyone else crazy?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

Yep. Brad warned of these load screens. Always trust Brad. Just don't trust him to help you out in any co-op scenario.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Interfect

It's worth the wait.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate

there is a fix in the works supposedly - i picked the game up on launch but im holding off on investing time in it until load times get worked out :)

BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BC_

It drives my crazy sometimes too. It makes it really easy to shut down the game If I get frustrated at losing and then I have to sit at long ass loading screen on top of that.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

They're definitely long, but they don't really bother me much.  I do push-ups during load screens so it actually goes by pretty quick for me.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By rjpelonia

Is there any install to the game?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671
    @RJPelonia: I think there is, but I think the load screens are due to the game having to adjust for custom content.  So the PS3 can easily load in a tree model, but because of the user-generated nature of the game, the PS3 then has to adjust for that tree's rotation, orientation, size, etc.  Imagine it having to do that for every spike/sticker/prop/ponytail on the karts and mods.  I guess it all adds up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.