Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

Uber Details New Monday Night Combat Patch and Teases DLC

• 83 results
    EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By EmuLeader

only@lclay said:

" What?! The assassin can't cloak while grappling anymore? So she's essentially useless inside the enemy base or against a support anywhere near his firebase? Great!  Guess I'm going to stop playing assassin then. "
    completely agree.  They are so weak that they can pretty much die from a bot/firebase/turret looking at them.  How is giving them more time in the open with no escape a good thing in any way?
    laser56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By laser56

Thats good that they are working on the overpowered classes.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

While I appreciate all the balance tweaks being done, I do wish the assassin would get some buffs. It's currently the weakest class as well as being the class with the least teamplay abilities.

KiLL3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By KiLL3r

Wow, that's an awesome update. Glad to hear the first DLC is free, I 'm also wondering how much the other 2 DLC will cost.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sanious

I'm not gathering with what is actually wrong with the Assassin's update? Doesn't seem like it will effect her too much.  

But I'm glad this is happening, super psyched that a good summer of arcade game is actually being updated and actually succeed in having a life more than other xbla titles seem to have. Been playing this a bunch and have a blast.

Thumbrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Thumbrunner

Good To hear an update and DLC for a great game thanks Uber!

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By zityz

That's rad that they're going through all that and also give a dlc for free ( its like theyre really taking a page from valve) 

Now only if a certain company release info about when a certain DLC for thier dracula huntin game is comming out I can rest easy. 

Until then, NO EASY RESTING!
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By elko84

Finally, it's super annoying to have a melee cooldown when you miss!

eschatonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By eschatonik
     Reworked Support’s bot aura so that it doesn’t make the Jackbot appear overhealed.

I KNEW they weren't really overhealed.  People were yipping about that soooo much.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BraveToaster

I know what I'm playing tonight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

/tip hat to Uber for supporting their arcade game.

Keep this up Uber and I'll buy most of what you make

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I still need to buy this game, it seems like a lot of fun.

Morris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By Morris

Glad to hear that Uber is gonna support this game. I think DLC is a really great way to keep an xbla player base coming back.

EDfromRED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By EDfromRED

Sweet. Looks like they addressed annoying issues I found, and alot more I didn't. 
     Can't wait for the DLC  : )
    NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NekuCTR

YES, Nerf the Support! Keep it up Uber!

9mmfistcuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By 9mmfistcuffs

overall looks good, though I'm saddened to see supports hack so throughly nerfed. I can live with turret capture going to level 3 but really hope they reconsider either leaving the durations alone or speeding up the cooldown.  

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By demontium

DLC :D

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@EmuLeader said:
    " only@lclay said:
    " What?! The assassin can't cloak while grappling anymore? So she's essentially useless inside the enemy base or against a support anywhere near his firebase? Great!  Guess I'm going to stop playing assassin then. "
    completely agree.  They are so weak that they can pretty much die from a bot/firebase/turret looking at them.  How is giving them more time in the open with no escape a good thing in any way? "
    Pro Tip: Don't back stab dudes in front of a turret.

AKA COMMON SENSE

In other news, all these updates seem great.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hatking

FUCKING AWESOME.  I am so glad they're supporting this game.  I officially redact all of my worries about this game dying and becoming stale.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

thank god, I hope what they do fixes the game, cause right now its quite literally broke, Matches turn into big camping rounds, till the over time where each team will rush and try to juice kill the money ball.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @LordXavierBritish said:

" @EmuLeader said:

" only @lclay said:
    completely agree.  They are so weak that they can pretty much die from a bot/firebase/turret looking at them.  How is giving them more time in the open with no escape a good thing in any way? "

AKA COMMON SENSE

In other news, all these updates seem great. "
    too bad thats not the case.
    I've went entire games as support, with my lvl 3 fire base lvl 3 hacked , and a laser blazer level 3, and just watched as an assassin rushed in, killed me, then rush off with no problem.  and thats even without cloak cause if they grapple you and are cloaked the turrets will ignore the assassin, but I'm talking about none cloaked they will literally kill you fast enough they can run off, or use a smoke bomb and escape with ease. Which is why me and quite a few others think the Assassin is overpowered with the right endorsements it can rush in kill, then run with half dmg.
    Avatar image for deactivated-663a3420c2da4
    deactivated-663a3420c2da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yup, support needed a pretty good nerf although I'm not sure they've done enough (Hey, I play support before you guys jump on my back for this comment). Assassin needed a couple more buffs IMO as in they can struggle for an entire match rather than just at the beginning. I play my Asassin defensively so I don't have so many issues of being torn down by turrets, but not being able to cloak during a grapple is a real dunderheaded move in my opinion.

Anyway, glad this is being fixed, the game is a little rough around the edges but still a contender for my GOTY, fucking amazing game.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job Uber! I wasn't going to buy your new awesome game because of the instant host migration errors, but if this patch works, I will buy it... eventually (sorry don't have teh cash).

ry0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ry0wn

Awesome game updates and free DLC, all on a fun $15 game? Somebody's doing video games right.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RoyCampbell

Can't wait. While I do have 3,000+ kills, I can't play it anymore with how garbage the community and their tactics have gotten. Just way too campy and spammy, especially with the Support.

Hope it gets out soon. Damn it. Oh and the DLC has me all excited with it being free and unknown. I'd love to see a new mode introduced, like a variant of Capture the Flag but it would be "Capture the Bacon". So many possibilities.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lclay
    @LordXavierBritish said:

" @EmuLeader said:

" only @lclay said:

AKA COMMON SENSE

But the whole point is that you could backstab dudes in front of a turret and get away with it making the assassin somewhat more of a team player, e.g. she could take out a camping support next to his turret making it easier for your team to take out the turret. I had always assumed that this was intentional on uber's part to make the assassin more useful and not an exploit that needed to be fixed at all s part to make the assassin more useful and not an exploit that needed to be fixed at all 

@WilliamRLBaker
    said: 

" @LordXavierBritish said:

" @EmuLeader said:

" only @lclay said:

AKA COMMON SENSE

too bad thats not the case. I've went entire games as support, with my lvl 3 fire base lvl 3 hacked , and a laser blazer level 3, and just watched as an assassin rushed in, killed me, then rush off with no problem.  and thats even without cloak cause if they grapple you and are cloaked the turrets will ignore the assassin, but I'm talking about none cloaked they will literally kill you fast enough they can run off, or use a smoke bomb and escape with ease. Which is why me and quite a few others think the Assassin is overpowered with the right endorsements it can rush in kill, then run with half dmg. "
    Dude you really hate the assassin! Have you ever tried playing as her? It's really not as easy as that. You take out a support anywhere near a level 3 firebase without cloaking and you will die 99% of the time.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By Tennmuerti

Free patches!

Whats the world coming to?

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

can't wait for the dlc, this game is continuing to be awesome

simplejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By simplejack

Woo Hoo! I love this game and can't wait until they make the changes!

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Wandrecanada
    @lclay said:
    Gotta use smoke bomb friend.  It disables turrets and firebases.  That or get your tank buddy to drop a product grenade on the firebase.  Also disables turrets and firebases.
    Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Wandrecanada

If everyone is worried about camping support players you should just encourage other team mates with classes designed to remove turrets and firebases to do.  If there is a class disparity when you're choosing your classes that's a team issue.  If you pick assassin when three others are already on the team you deserve to get molested by firebases.

Protip:  All firebases of all levels even with overheal are one shot kills to assault traps and airstrikes.  They can also be temporarily disabled by smoke bombs and product grenades.

Arius123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Arius123

Glad to see that the developers are going to support this game.  I really have a great time with it.

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By johnzimmerman

that's great!  any idea when we'll get it?

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Thunderstarter

Thank you, Uber! It looks like you did a huge overhaul! I'm really glad the dlc is free, too! Can't wait to see what you do next!

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By RichardLOlson

Well that is good to know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.