Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

Any tips on trapping?

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm having a bit of trouble with the trapping quests. From what I understand I am supposed to beat on the monsters until they start to limp, then trap and bomb them.

But what usually happens is that they limp off screen before I am able to put the trap down. When I enter the next area they aren't limping anymore and I'm unsure as to what to do then. I've tried hitting them until they limp again but they always die. I've also put traps down and thrown bomb but for some reason they just shrug them off.

Is there a trick or am I just doing something wrong?

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cmblasko

Once you see them start limping, follow them, set the trap then lure them into it. Once they are trapped throw tranquilizer bombs at them, 2 should do the trick.

It's normal if they aren't limping once they move to another location; regardless, you can still capture them at this point.

Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Evan223

<p>&lt;p&gt;Also look at at you armour skills, theres one that lets you know when a monster is capable of being trapped, it takes 10 skill points of course so you'll need the whole armour set or top up with decorations.&lt;/p&gt; EDIT: I looked and it's the Bone armour, and the skill you're looking for is "Perception" hope that helps</p>

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Basically, beat a monster until it limps- even if it stops limping after that point, that's the telling sign that it's weak enough to be captured.

When it's limping, it's almost always going to try and retreat to another area- each monster typically has an area of the map they like to nest at, and where, if allowed to go, they'll lie down and try to sleep once they're weak enough. In my opinion, that's the best time to lay a trap- run right up to a sleeping monster and plant the trap on them. kick them to wake them up, if necessary, and then make sure you hit them with Tranq bombs while the trap is active. Doesn't matter where, just pelt them until it tells you they're captured.

The hardest part is placing the trap. I prefer to follow them to their nest, but you could also knock one down via attacking their legs- though this runs the risk of killing them. A stunning bomb of some kind, effectiveness varying depending on the monster, could also buy you the required time. Trapping underwater presents a whole host of other issues, but thankfully your targets underwater tend to be both bigger and more prone to charging headfirst into a trap. Never be afraid to use yourself as bait- the hits you take won't matter once the mission is over.

Also, take extra traps and tranquilizer bombs. There's nothing worse than wasting your supply trap or bombs at the end of a mission and knowing that all your time has been wasted.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MrMuscle

Thanks a lot guys, that really helped. The Bone Armour was a god sent! It made it SO easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.