Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

Is any one psyched for Monster Hunter Tri

KevinahKun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KevinahKun

I know I am. With the addition of Switch Axe's and underwater fighting, I am going to have a blast. But I want to know if any one else is as psyched as I am. I know a lot of people don't like this series because they can't get past the controls or just don't understand the appeal but this thread if for people who have learned the controls and have understood the appeal, even if it is pretty Japanese. So tell me, what you like about this series or Monster Hunter Tri specifically. What are you going to do first. Just things like that.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

Psyched?  No.  Looking forward to it?  Yes.  Certainly on my "buy" list.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I don't think it's quite so much "not understanding" as it is outright disliking.  

The series definitely has an anti-newcomer approach and really forces you to take time to get involved in the game before it begins to set in, which in my opinion is just poor game design.  There are also countless gameplay mechanics and features I feel could be hugely improved, but won't be because of how stubborn the developers and fanbase are.

I wouldn't consider myself a massive fan, I certainly don't take the "the game is awesome, you just all suck" attitude towards it but I enjoyed Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and I'm somewhat interested in Tri.  But to me, it's a series that really suits being on a handheld.  I'm not keen on playing with other people online, I feel it's one of those games that benefits greatly from playing with others in the same room.  I'm also not big on the whole underwater combat idea.  The switch axe looks like a nice addition, but it's disappointing they've removed so many of the other weapons.

So personally, I think I'll pass on Tri and wait for Freedom 3 on the PSP.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria

I pre-ordered it as soon as I got a Wii this week.

I'm psyched, but since most of the Giant Bomb community is ice cold when it comes to the game, I just made a Capcom-unity account to find hunters.

It's just one of those niche games that either clicks or gets despised. Sorta like Demon's Souls.

steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By steelharrison

nope not at all
    circle_of_iron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By circle_of_iron

yeah I'm pretty excited for it.  I've never played a Monster Hunter game before, but I almost picked up the last one on PSP.  I think I'll be glad I waited.

ajGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ajGambino

Man, me and a friend are totally psyched about this game. We can't wait to pick it up, it's going to be awesome. Finally a MH game on the big screen, AND on a controller instead on the PSP...don't get me wrong, it's good on PSP, but your hands get so cramped up, it's difficult to enjoy the game as much when you're hand feels like it's going to fall off. I'll be online as soon as I get home with it. I might use the switch axe because one of my friends wants to use the long (masamune) blade. Maybe I'll try the bow or the hammer. not to sure yet, but definitely psyched.
    CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CSXLoser

Two of my friends wont shut up about it and made disgusted faces when i said i didnt like Monster Hunter. 

I'm on their hit list now O_O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.