Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

Monster Hunter 3 (Wii) Online Pricing Revealed

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    Capcom has revealed the pricing scheme for the online mode in Monster Hunter 3 on Nintendo Wii

On August 1st Capcom will be bringing the currently Wii-exclusive Monster Hunter to Japanese fans. Alongside a solid single player campaign it'll also boast extensive online play, but at a price. Initially however, players can obtain one of the free tickets available - 20 or 90 days - but to continue will need to spend Wii points for "Hunting Tickets"

Confirmed Pricing:

•  30 days - 800 points
    •  60 days - 1,500 points
    •  90 days - 2,000 points

Thanks to Kotaku.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CowMuffins

Oh don't you worry, we'll find someway to get it free.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Wait, we can chose whether we want to play 20 or 90 days for free? -scratches head-

And is this for Japan, or for the west? I thought it was not confirmed that western players had to pay.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Meowayne said:
    " Wait, we can chose whether we want to play 20 or 90 days for free? -scratches head-And is this for Japan, or for the west? I thought it was not confirmed that western players had to pay. "
    Honestly I don't think we'll have too. Depends on whether or not Japan had to pay for the PS2 online for Monster Hunter 1 & 2. I never played the PS2 online, but I think it was free here in the US. If it was Pay-to-play in Japan and free in the US on the PS2 versions, it will probably be the same on the Wii. Not sure though.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Emilio

Such a shame that Capcom has become like this.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

@ Meowayne

I think it depends on whether you get either standard version, or the limited edition seen here:

No Caption Provided

So it looks like everyone will get a trial, but lim ed owners get a longer one.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I just hope the controls are good!!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

Well I guess it's cheaper then WoW  but, is it better then WoW?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn

Whats makes the online so special that you need to pay  for it? Is it co-op? Most games do that today for free.....

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Godwind
    @Mikemcn said:
    " Whats makes the online so special that you need to pay  for it? Is it co-op? Most games do that today for free..... "
    There are some advantages to being charged per a game, which is a more mature community.  Not many kids are going to be shell out $80 to $96 to play online, which is half the cost of WoW.  It could also prove to be a higher quality service.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By oldschool

I couldn't play online free or cost, but if it had a cost to play online, regardless of how good the game may be, I NEVER pay for connection fees for any game and never will.  They need to find better ways to cover the costs.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind
    @oldschool said:
    " I couldn't play online free or cost, but if it had a cost to play online, regardless of how good the game may be, I NEVER pay for connection fees for any game and never will.  They need to find better ways to cover the costs. "
    Is it an ethical decision?
    walls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By walls

This is a shame, the worst part is people in Japan probably will not have that much of a problem with this. But I guess it is nice to see them finally taking it online

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By oldschool
    @Godwind said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " I couldn't play online free or cost, but if it had a cost to play online, regardless of how good the game may be, I NEVER pay for connection fees for any game and never will.  They need to find better ways to cover the costs. "
    Is it an ethical decision? "
    Yes.  I realise that it can make a better product sometimes, give corporations an excuse to charge you more money, to make you a 'captured' consumer and they will.  I don't consider myself missing out on anything as there are a lot of other avenues for my entertainment in gaming.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well as long as the service is strong and reliable and offers much in the way of DLC, I don't care at all. I think the expense will be totally worth it with this game, I happen think the game looks amazing, and the only way to enjoy it's pinnacle of playability, will be with friends in 4 player online.

@oldschool said:

Do you want Nintendo to invest a far better online service and ask people to pay for it annually?. Or would you prefer developers like Capcom investing heavily on providing a stable online component for a console which is ill equipped for a games of this nature?

It was inevitable the online component would have to be paid for with this game, after Capcom have made little to no money from it prior in the franchise, despite there being a huge opportunity in Japan. I think this is a game will benefit hugely from continued investment from fans around the world [preemptively], in the same way WoW has for it's fans.

@TheMustacheHero said:
    " I just hope the controls are good!! "

They have this released in Japan now, I guess it will be released here also at some point. Any excuse to make another buck right.

Classic Controller Pro

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.