Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

Monster Hunter 3 - Wii Scans

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yep, this game looks pretty impressive. I don't know if Monster Hunter's gameplay will appeal to me, but it definitely looks to be shaping up well.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Yep, this game looks pretty impressive. I don't know if Monster Hunter's gameplay will appeal to me, but it definitely looks to be shaping up well."

I started to get interested after watching this and understanding it a little bit better.

The phenomena of Monster Hunter explained -

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

Wow.. From the screens you can't even tell it's on the Wii.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

ZOMG SCREENSHOTS!!!

Unfortunately, I don't judge a game by screenshots.  =  /  Sure, they look nice...but what screenshots DON'T look nice?

Let's get some gameplay video up.

*EDIT*  Now THIS is far more impressive to me...to the point that I might consider buying this for some home-time gameplay.  The animations are fucking excellent, the graphics actually shine (for as much as you can tell with the cruddy quality of the video), and did you NOTICE how short those load times were?!?!?!:

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
    NinjaSquirrel said:
    "Never played a monster hunter game before. Think I'll check this one out."
    I would suggest picking up the first Monster Hunter on PS2 as a crash course into the basics of it all.  And by basics, I mean it's VERY basic compared to (apparently) the latter stuff in the franchise.

This, honestly, has me interested in the franchise again.  I probably won't do a lot of online stuff, but it'd still be nice to have around the house when I'm not playing Puzzle Quest.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think it looks better in movement, the animation for some of the monsters is amazing.

From what I understand it was initially  being made for the PS3, but as soon as Capcom realized it would be far more profitable on Wii they switched over. Despite the large Sony following for the game in Japan.

Four player online mode should be pretty kick ass.

Awesome...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Endogene

My initial impression: Urghwhoha FUCK!.... FUCK!!!!

Yeah i like it. Really looking forward to slay some monsters with my friends.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Endogene said:
    "My initial impression: Urghwhoha FUCK!.... FUCK!!!!

Yeah i like it. Really looking forward to slay some monsters with my friends."

Wii Speak I think will find a good use with this.

That sea monster hunting bit looks awesome. As does ripping out monsters ribs and spit roasting them for energy :)  Nice to see some laid back fishing in there too.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Endogene
    Linkyshinks said:
    Nice to see some laid back fishing in there too.
    .... like the fishing as in Zelda?

edit: looking at the video, guess not. True shame i spend more time playing the fishing game in zelda than the actual game, that legendary fish was a bastard, loved it.
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By clarke0

This game actually looks really cool. I'm not that much of an RPG guy but I might check this out.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It's more hack n' slash and loot-finding than RPG from what I understand.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks
    New Scans

I'm glad that they have got rid of that ugly friend from the PSP game, and have replaced him with a cute piggy :D

EDIT:

My mistake, the ugly rat creature is still there. Well I hope he's animated better than the PSP game anyway.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By zhinse
    Linkyshinks said:
    "New Scans

I'm glad that they have got rid of that ugly friend from the PSP game, and have replaced him with a cute piggy :D

EDIT:

My mistake, the ugly rat creature is still there. Well I hope he's animated better than the PSP game anyway

Sorry all those screens are a a wii port of Monster Hunter G which was an upgrade of monster hunter on the ps2 which got a port to the playstation portable called monster hunter portable or monster hunter freedom in america. Basically its the same as the first psp game. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks

More from Famitsu Weekly

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Meowayne

I played the demo. :)
    The most impressive thing are definatly the creature animations. The landscape itself may look good, but they really aren't once you realize it's all tricks, because the areas you can actually walk in are relatively small and broken apart by frequent loading screens.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Meowayne said:
    " I played the demo. :)The most impressive thing are definatly the creature animations. The landscape itself may look good, but they really aren't once you realize it's all tricks, because the areas you can actually walk in are relatively small and broken apart by frequent loading screens. "

Well that demo is not a good reflection of the final game, we now know the game wont have many of those loads seen in the demo.

Areas may well have been closed for the demo.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Don't know, looks interesting, but I have heard that the past games weren't so great.

Though, is this the first console Monster Hunter game? the ones I've heard that were bad is the PSP games.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Meowayne

It's the console equivalent of Diablo. Run around with buddies, kill stuff, collect loot, repeat.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Al3xand3r
    It's nothing like Diablo, the combat is involved and challenging, not click click click click click, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, etc. The past games are ace, some people simply don't like the style and as usual proceed to say it "sucks" simply because it doesn't cater to their tastes. Read about the games to decide if they're your thing. I've explained some of the game mechanics here and here if you fancy reading any of it.

@Linkyshinks said:
    "Well that demo is not a good reflection of the final game, we now know the game wont have many of those loads seen in the demo.

Areas may well have been closed for the demo."
    We do? As far as I can tell the broken down areas are a design choice. The maps are similar to the Phantasy Star Online games' structure but all the passageways are replaced with  near instant loads that also directly transport you to the next "room" to keep the experience smooth online without detracting from the gameplay. They're still impressive. I didn't read anything about them changing that aspect of the game for MH3.

Though the demo still isn't a good representation of the game as it only includes a single mission type (the core hunting mode) and preset equipment and items, all the character advancement (via new gear you create, not levels) is skipped altogether. At least if it's like the PSP game's demo which I played and enjoyed greatly despite control shortcomings MH3 won't have.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Meowayne
    @Al3xand3r said:
    despite control shortcomings MH3 won't have. "
    The MH3 demo had irritating controls.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

I've seen the controls, they seem just fine. What I meant was the lack of decent camera control on the PSP. As far as I can tell on the Wii you can use the d-pad on the remote if you play like that, or the second analogue stick on the classic controller to move it around, so you don't have to lose control of your character just to gain control of the camera as in the PSP games. Everything else was fine and I imagine is recreated identically on the Wii (+new attacks & animations) when using the classic controller. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but they work as intended.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " It's nothing like Diablo, the combat is involved and challenging, not click click click click click, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, potion hotkey, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, etc. The past games are ace, some people simply don't like the style and as usual proceed to say it "sucks" simply because it doesn't cater to their tastes. Read about the games to decide if they're your thing. I've explained some of the game mechanics here and here if you fancy reading any of it.

@Linkyshinks said:
    "Well that demo is not a good reflection of the final game, we now know the game wont have many of those loads seen in the demo.

Areas may well have been closed for the demo."
    We do? As far as I can tell the broken down areas are a design choice. The maps are similar to the Phantasy Star Online games' structure but all the passageways are replaced with  near instant loads that also directly transport you to the next "room" to keep the experience smooth online without detracting from the gameplay. They're still impressive. I didn't read anything about them changing that aspect of the game for MH3.

Though the demo still isn't a good representation of the game as it only includes a single mission type (the core hunting mode) and preset equipment and items, all the character advancement (via new gear you create, not levels) is skipped altogether. At least if it's like the PSP game's demo which I played and enjoyed greatly despite control shortcomings MH3 won't have. "

Speaking to Famitsu, Kaname Fujioka, the games director, said that those loads will not be in the final game, and that those that are will be considerably shorter after optimiztion. He also said transitions into areas in the demo, are not as they are in the final game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Linkyshinks

More scanage:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

A link to the details of this article would be appreciated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.