Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

Preorder bonus are Wii Points... Pay 2 Play confirmed?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Meowayne

So far, Capcom has not commented on whether or not online play for MH3 will be free. The japanese version isn't, but the game's predecessors were, for NA players.

Now gamespot has confirmed that the preorder-bonus for the NA release of Monster Hunter Tri is a 500 Wii points card
    On the one hand, DLC for this game is confirmed so this might just mean that NA preorders get this content for free, and they're too lazy to put it on the disc. On the other hand, this could be a strong indicator that they are confident enough in this game to charge NA players for online play... a move that I don't see succeeding in any way.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure

Charging for it over here does seem like an error, I would say the DLC is much more likely.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SamStrife

It doesn't equal confirmed...but it's a big indication.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Willy105

The free 500 Wii Points Card are for whatever you want to be. It's a freebie.

Monster Hunter 3 is free to play.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @Willy105 said:
    " The free 500 Wii Points Card are for whatever you want to be. It's a freebie.  Monster Hunter 3 is free to play. "
    I like the sound of that.  500 points isn't a serious amount of money, but it is a good incentive and more games should do similar things.  Still very interested in the game, but as I can't go online, I am not concerned about the online aspect.  I buy games for playing single or with family and friends right beside me, not online.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By jacksukeru

If they do the same for Europe, then it's a buy, could probably convince a friend to get it to. If not, forget about it!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

It was all clear in the press release, free play and 500 points bonus, no reason to revive threads that were wondering prior to the official announcement.

@RockmanBionics said:

" If they do the same for Europe, then it's a buy, could probably convince a friend to get it to. If not, forget about it! "

Free play has been confirmed for Europe as well, do you really need 5 bonus to be convinced? I'm sure you'll be able to find some store where it's 5 off.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By jacksukeru
    @Al3xand3r:  I was sorta responding to Willy105, seems oldschool got in the middle, man fuck that guy! 

Great to hear that it's been confirmed for Europe to though, the online I mean.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah it's free to play, and charging for it would be the biggest mistake Capcom would make. This game has no footing outside of Japan, they need all the help they can get.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.