Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

The lack of co-op is a real shame

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

I was hoping to get my nephew to join me for some MKX this past weekend, but it turns out I'm quite a bit better than him... So I looked for some kind of way we could play together without him getting too frustrated. I couldn't get that going at all.

If I go online and pick "Team Battle", it lets me invite people from my Friends List (I'm on PS4) but I couldn't get the guy next to me with the 2nd controller on my team.

If I join a King of the Hill match online, you would think Player 2 could just jump into the rotation with me, right? As far as I can tell that's not possible.

I can understand why they didn't include a Tag Team mode, that's probably a lot of extra work. But the stuff I talked about above? I feel like that should just be basic functionality in 2015 quite honestly...

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I really miss the tag mode from the last game. My little sister and I played the crap out of it. I'm guessing that Netherrealm considers the group of coop mortal kombat players to be rather small unfortunately.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yeah the tag mode was the best part of MK9. I really want it back. And since SxT is dead as hell, there kind of isn't any other games that do it either. :(

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Ed Boon actually talked about why they didn't include Tag Mode this time around. The amount of people who played it were in the single digit percentages. I think it might have even been something like 1%. Yeah, it's a shame, but it is what it is

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ed Boon actually talked about why they didn't include Tag Mode this time around. The amount of people who played it were in the single digit percentages. I think it might have even been something like 1%. Yeah, it's a shame, but it is what it is

That's staggering. By the end of Mortal Kombat 9's life, I was playing Tag Mode exclusively.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@historyinrust: I think I may have gotten the whole percentage thing confused with something completely different. This is the video I thought he said it in, but here he just kinda still says not a lot of people played it

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@historyinrust: I think I may have gotten the whole percentage thing confused with something completely different. This is the video I thought he said it in, but here he just kinda still says not a lot of people played it

Loading Video...

Thanks for posting this video. Interesting to hear Boon talk about the mode post-mortem.

You know, it wasn't in Injustice either (apart from a tower, maybe?). And Ed really gives the impression it took a lot of resources to make that mode operate. So I guess the writing was on the wall. Just didn't see it myself.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wow, I didn't even know MK9 had that. I thought you were talking about something like the Dramatic Battle mode in Alpha 3. Man, that was mode was so much fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.