Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

Will my PC be able to run this game well? (MKX)

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

I am currently contemplating buying Mortal Kombat X but I am torn between two platforms. My options are either Xbox One or PC. I would like to know how well the game can run on my PC to aid making a decision.

My PC hardware is:

CPU- Intel i7 3770

GPU- NVidia 660GTX 2gigs

RAM- 16 gigs DDR(3)

OS- Windows 8.1

Can this system handle the game well, or am I better going with the Xbox One version to get a more solid frame rate? Are there any other differences between the two version I should be aware of?

Thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be09b084ef21
    deactivated-5be09b084ef21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It all depends on how long you're willing to wait to play. Your system can run this at a solid 60fps in theory but the PC port is a total mess right now & is very difficult to recommend as it is.

If you were buying it tomorrow then go for the Xbox version, otherwise hold off for a few weeks and see if the state of things on the PC improves & pick it up on the cheap.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By joshwent

@johnlocke: This site has an awesome tool for comparing your computer specs to any given game's recommended and minimum requirements. Hope it works!

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'm sure it would run fine on your PC. My computer has 8 gigs of ram an I5 3500 and a gtx770 and I run it on max settings 60 fps. I don't have an X-box or a Ps4 so I bought it on the PC. It's totally acceptable. If I had an Xbox or PS4 i would buy it on those platforms instead. They just have a bigger playerbase. More people to play against means the likelihood of a good connection is higher. Also patches and DLC are coming to those platforms first as well. There are also small issues like not having the walk off animations at the character select screen. That being said if you choose to purchase it for your PC I'm sure it will function fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.