Most hated character opponent?

• 88 results
#1 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

Started one of these in the SSFIV forums awhile back thought id do one here ,Original right? 

But anyways mine have got to be either Ermac or scorpion that jus spams the unblockable fire move :(

#2 Posted by Cabbage_TheMan (240 posts) -

if i'm playing a computer it is Kano.  I never got so buttmad in my life.

#3 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Smoke is mines... followed closely by Noob and Scorpion.

#4 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

oh man totally forgot about noob and his lame ass projectile,someone was totally doing that today in a ranked game : / 

#5 Posted by The_Patriarch (277 posts) -

Noob is ridiculous. If you meet a guy who just keeps throwing shadows and teleports, you're basically fucked if you're playing with a character with no teleport.

#6 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Yeah, Noob players are typically Noob. 

see what i did there? lol

#7 Posted by ShaggE (6403 posts) -

Noob, definitely.

#9 Posted by XTraFries (211 posts) -

I hate fighting a good Raiden.  

A good Raiden can completely destroy me and prevent me from getting in anywhere, either with that near-instant teleport or the superman. 

#10 Posted by Gabriel (4058 posts) -

Playing as Raiden I haven't had much of a problem with anyone, so Smoke?

#11 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Ermac.  Most of it is ground-pound envy though.

#12 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I hate and I repeat HATE fighting baraka. 
#13 Posted by Enigma777 (6070 posts) -
Where there's Smoke, there's fire. Even his catchphrase makes me want to punch him!
#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

Online lag.

#15 Posted by President_Barackbar (3448 posts) -

I don't really have a specific hated opponent, but when I see someone with a good record pick one of the characters considered to be crappy (Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Baraka, Stryker, Sindel) you know you're in for a rough time.

#16 Posted by Nasar7 (2611 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
Online lag.
Yep. Are they gonna release a patch? 
#17 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -
@Nasar7 said:
@JJOR64 said:
Online lag.
Yep. Are they gonna release a patch? 
Yep.  Really hope it fixes it.  The fix is supposed to come with the giant downloadable patch from what I understand.
#18 Posted by beckley205 (310 posts) -

Gorrro. he is evil but also Ermac all he does is grab and teleport. that is how i play

#19 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

None of the opponents I've had online have made me as angry as that final Shao Kahn fight. I mean fuck!

#20 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1758 posts) -

Smoke, Noob Saibot, and Scorpion. Not because I constantly loose against them or anything, but because I've fought them so much that I know how to shut then to the point  that fighting them is boring. Scorpion morose than the rest. 

#21 Posted by MoltenBoron (89 posts) -

I dislike fighting against Scorpion because I see him so often.  But I simply cannot stand most of the people who play Noob, due to that stupid projectile.

#22 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Ermac, Scorpion, and Noob mainly. 

#23 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -
Smoke ermac and lui kang.
#24 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Scorpion due to being so common.

Fought a bastard of a Kano player that was almost impossible to keep up with, but that was pure skill on his part so hard to fault. Ditto for a Sindel user actually.

I primarily play Smoke and Kitana (only started playing online a couple of nights ago), and I totally get why people hate Smoke. I try to minimise the teleport spam, I just like fast characters in games.

#25 Posted by Petruccio (58 posts) -

Playing and trying to beat(finally succeded) last challenge for several hours, I hate that four bastards. Meelena was a bitch. I do agree with Noob. He is everywhere with that shadow. Though I could beat last challenge only with Sector. Was very close with Smoke. But lost concentration in the second part of fight with Shao Kahn

#26 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
Online lag.
This.
#27 Posted by TekZero (2671 posts) -

I've finally been playing online and I can say....Smoke. 

#28 Posted by QKT (250 posts) -

kitana, spam jumping fan move :@

#29 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Ermac

#30 Posted by SensuousLettuce (107 posts) -

Kabal.  Three full screen attacks? Laser, Blade and that unstoppable frigging tornado move.  If he hits you with that and just touches even your toes, you're cooked. So lame.

#31 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -
@SensuousLettuce said:
Kabal.  Three full screen attacks? Laser, Blade and that unstoppable frigging tornado move.  If he hits you with that and just touches even your toes, you're cooked. So lame.
Yeah getting caught the top of a jump with his tornado is kinda stupid,Spinning around in the air FTW.
#32 Posted by Prymet1me (99 posts) -

Shao Kahn.....easily.

#33 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Jade has some crazy shit, so does smoke...but umm...those are really it. I love playing against scorpion personally, considering that hes pretty much my main now. I wish subzero was better, i still havent played against a good subzero.

#34 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

Adding a new one,Scrubby kung lao players  /angryface.
#35 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

I dunno for whatever reason Reptile players work me over hard.  Constantly having to watch out for his  Slide/Rush  +  his projectiles drives me nuts.   Not unbeatable by anymeans but  damn a  good reptile player will keep you on your toes.

#36 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

Ermac will destroy the essence of my very soul with a single glance......
#37 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -
@ambassadorofunk: If I know someone is going to pick Noob I counterpick with someone who has a teleport character easiest way to beat spam happy noob saibot players.
#38 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Ermac, then Skorpion.

#39 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Noob, Scorpion, Sub Zero.

#40 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1260 posts) -

Recently, it'd be a good Sub-Zero player. He can zone you out of most of your options.

#41 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2358 posts) -

Sektor is a dick in the single-player.

Online, I haven't met a character who was overly difficult to figure out.

#42 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Raiden and Nightwolf for me. I usually play as Jade, Smoke or Noob.

#43 Posted by Stonyman65 (2661 posts) -

I hate Quan Chi with ll of my being (as well as every other character from MK4 and later)

But for this game specifically, I really don't like Sektor.

#44 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6141 posts) -

Noob Saibot, but really, uh, anyone. I stink at combos and being anywhere near haflways decent at this game.

#45 Posted by lclay (383 posts) -

I know I'm probably an enormous noob for saying this but I still have a lot of trouble with a decent scorpion player. It's that unblockable fire move; I feel like I have to keep moving if i'm playing a fire happy scorp and then I invariably get hit by the spear when I'm moving out the way of the fire. It's super lame.

Then again playing a scorp player who doesn't really know what they're doing is great fun.

#46 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -
@528seven said:

Sektor is a dick in the single-player.

Yeah I found this as well. He just spams the missiles and teleports. 
#47 Posted by TekZero (2671 posts) -

Raiden and Ermac.  I feel that I have a good chance to beat anyone else.  But I have so much trouble against those two.  In fact, I don;t think I have ever beaten a raiden player online. 

#48 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

Kung Lao and Raiden. Lately, Kano has been put up there.
#49 Posted by EpicBenjamin (624 posts) -

Scorpion, Smoke and Ermac. FUCK YOU ERMAC AND YOUR JEDI SHIT.

#50 Posted by Chaossebba (285 posts) -

Ermac, real good Reptiles (Holy SHIT that charging) and SUB ZERO SCREW YOU AND THOSE SHITTY ICE CLONES

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.