Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Problem with getting moves to actually work

VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VictoryBlixt

Hi so I've been practicing my Mortal Kombat offline and playing the ladder (because PSN is down and I have no choice) and I've been playing alot as Sub-Zero lately (cuz I've figured out like 5 different combos with him that do around 25%) and when I was playing the  ladder i went to do subzeros alternate fatality (I've done before, quite a few times infact and have it memorized) and it didnt work and I tried a couple more times and continued not to work and time ran out. Next round I looked at the move list before doing the fatality to make sure i was doing it right. I didn't work. I kept trying for 4 more rounds in a row with it not working.  So I went to the fatality trainer, I was in the green box and i did the fatality, didnt work. Kept trying it and it kept not working and I looked at the button input tracker at the top and every time it showed my button inputs as being correct but the fatality would not work. I have the same problem with the ice ball not coming out after a quick combo and again the button guide shows that it recognized the inputs. So what's going on? Any help?

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sarkhan

Your timing. You'r either to fast or to slow. My guess....
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bestostero

Could be a lot of things with not getting the fatality, position/timing seems to be the most persistent problems.

Are you doing the first fatality or the second fatality? Fatality trainer will only help you with the first fatality, so don't follow the directions/location in fatality trainer if you're trying to do the second.

Well I just looked up Sub Zero's fatality, and they're both sweep position so its probably not location just your timing, probably need to do it faster, down back down forward Triangle lol

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jasta

Timing mate, that's all it is.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ItBeStefYo

I've got the same problem, half the time i try to use Noob's sliding ghost move it doesnt perform. Really weird.

VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VictoryBlixt
    @xhavoc86 said:
    " Could be a lot of things with not getting the fatality, position/timing seems to be the most persistent problems. Are you doing the first fatality or the second fatality? Fatality trainer will only help you with the first fatality, so don't follow the directions/location in fatality trainer if you're trying to do the second.Well I just looked up Sub Zero's fatality, and they're both sweep position so its probably not location just your timing, probably need to do it faster, down back down forward Triangle lol "
    I know that that trainer only helps you with first combo but it does show your button inputs and it and both of Sub's fatalities are at sweep distance so 100% not that and I'm not doing it to slow also I can pull of every other fatality just fine including alts, babalities, and Stage fatalities so  It's not execution so idk what's going on
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By fox01313

Had same problem with many of the characters, I often just would try to do it faster or adjust distance slightly. GLHB

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bestostero
    @VictoryBlixt: did you get the correct input?  sometimes i forget that the input on the menu always adjusts to which side you are, and i misread them sometimes.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By laserbolts
    I know you probably already know this but the direction changes depending on what side of the enemy you are on. Also try holding block until the last button so that you stay within the proper distance.
    VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VictoryBlixt
    @xhavoc86 said:
    " @VictoryBlixt: did you get the correct input?  sometimes i forget that the input on the menu always adjusts to which side you are, and i misread them sometimes. "
    100% correct input, 100% not to slow, 100% correct distance. I know this sounds like a noob question from someone who's never played but It's not (im not an expert fighting guy or even a fighting guy but Huge MK veteran  UMK3 <3)
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaggE

Whenever I can't get a fatality working, I just hold block like I would during a fatality with an up command. I seem to have a much higher success rate that way.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Alphazero

I was wondering why my grabs never worked until I found out that my shoulder button wasn't working. Turned out to be the controller. Any chance?

VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VictoryBlixt
    @Alphazero said:
    " I was wondering why my grabs never worked until I found out that my shoulder button wasn't working. Turned out to be the controller. Any chance? "
    nope because in the trainer it shows my button inputs and all the inputs are there so the game recognized it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.