Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

My Little Pony

Franchise »

My Little Pony is a pony-centric toy and media franchise created by toy company Hasbro, most well known for its unexpected surge in popularity in 2011.

Do you like My Little Pony?

• 74 results
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Poll Do you like My Little Pony? (223 votes)

Yes 17%
    No 58%
    I've never tried it.. 24%

Have you ever tried it?

• 
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

No, but I don't hate it either. I watched a couple episodes and they're well made.

The fan culture can be creepy as hell though which I don't understand; same goes for the counter culture too because why waste your time hating on something that dumb.

This more or less. I watched the first episode because I had to know and thought it was nice and the comedy timing was good. It's definitely a good kid's show. I just don't really want to watch it and think the obsession with it is a little odd.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The show is great where in fact I'm going to also give props to The Hub for Transformers: Prime as well. There is a lot of similarity with Adventure Time in that it is an immense world with a deep background that show runners use to build stories and episodes on.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched an episode and thought it a pretty average kids' show; lots of overt slapstick-y humor with a nice message embedded in there somewhere. Also seen a couple of MLP musical numbers,which i liked quite a bit. However, the culture around the show is what interests me. I've read about bronies and a few YouTube docs surrounding the phenomenon, and I still don't get what draws grown men to a perfectly cute kids' show about ponies.

However, I don't agree with the mommy-blog handwringing about bronyism existing a step or two below pedophilia, and the lame stereotypes presented about bronies by that College Humor vid upthread (fat, bad hygiene, lonely, perverted and/or stunted sexuality) can be applied to loads of geek-culture fanbases.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By hero_swe

Why is this the only topic I see at the bottom of the frontpage?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It is a disturbingly watchable show that is much more intelligent than I thought possible of a show about My Little Pony. I do not care past that. I find the sexual side of the fanbase super creepy and weird, and I'm getting really tired of seeing people named Rainbow Dash and such on steam. But people who furiously hate the show are wasting their hate-time on something completely harmless.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@canteu said:

@immortalsaiyan: But, the problem is those people are creepy and weird. They're not creepy and weird because they like MLP, they are just creepy and weird but happen to like MLP.

That's kind of an unfair blanket statement, though, don't you think? I doubt that every 20-odd year old male who watches this show is actually "creepy" and "weird", though I must admit that an alarmingly vocal portion of their fanbase plasters GIFs, pictures, and videos from the show all over the place.

Please, for the love of God and my sanity, don't do that. It doesn't do anything for you (that's the group "you Pony fans", not Canteu), unless you really want to look like an obnoxious dumbass.

As for the topic at hand, my answer is a solid and emphatic "no". Hey, if you like it, fine, but keep My Little Pony far away from me.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Nope, the few clips I have seen did nothing for me, and the bronies also weird the fuck out of me. Some of them are downright creepy.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I got two friends with full-fledged beards that loves that show. I hate it seems like a weird show for a grown up.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Aetheldod

I do like it ... I wouldnt consider myself a brony tho. But dang it son I like the stories , the voice acting and heck I will admit the designs of the ponies are really nice etc... I just like it all around. But then again Im a stange fella so I dunno what to say :/

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indifferent. Seen a couple of episodes out of curiosity, but I didn't feel compelled to watch more.

This is the boat I'm in. Didn't seem particularly great or bad.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jdh5153

Hell no it's the most retarded thing on the internet and the more gamers that like it make me want to never buy a video game again. People are fucking weird.

Liking anime is weird enough but this pony crap is on a whole other level of weird.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!

I don't really keep up with it though; I was sick one week so I watched all of season one and two. It was fantastic.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Havent seen it.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen any episodes of it and I'm not interested to see any of it. That's all.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ley_Lines

@andrewbeardsley said:

It is a show meant for children and not grown men. As Rainbowkisses said, it is the radicals that ruin a fanbase. i just think the fanbase in this case is far stranger then previous fan bases. I find it strange that my university has a my little pony club.

To be fair, the best cartoons are the ones that both adults and children can enjoy. Great cartoons such as the serious Batman: The animated series and the wacky Animaniacs succeeded in entertaining both adults and children. Though I do have to admit, I also find it weird that your Uni has a MLP club. Basing an entire club on one show rather than a genre or medium of media is always strange whether it is Dr. Who, MLP, or even Breaking Bad.

In the end MLP is a decent cartoon that is well written, nothing more, nothing less. I've seen maybe ten episodes and it's a show that is completely watchable but it's unlikely to be very enthralling to any age. For me, it's a show that you select on Netflix and run in the background while you browse the internet or do something else. If I had a kid, boy or girl, I'd rather they watch that and I could enjoy them enjoying it, rather than a lot of the other mindless shows other people watch or praise.

Since this is a video game website, I'll also add that the MLP fighting game that got C&Ded did look pretty sweet though. For all the weirdness of the community, some of their members have produced some pretty cool stuff.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hitchenson

Ha! No.

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jimmy_p

Nah, I heard Gaben does though

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... yes (shocker I know). I can't wait for season 4, November 23rd can't come soon enough :D

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stumbled across it once, thought it was decent. Fanbase is really annoying though.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ghostiet

No. I don't hate it, though.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Rick_Fingers

I don't understand it, but it's harmless so whatever.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By Tennmuerti

Tbh I kinda enjoy watching the phenomenon around it, ie: cutiefying other serious stuff with ponies, never have even watched the show (tho always planned to at some point out of curiosity). Heck one of my favorite desktop backgrounds at one point was a BF3 tank with some ponies from the show riding in it. Why? I guess I find the contrast amusing in a way. It tickles my "serious business" bone.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By oraknabo

I'm pretty indifferent to it, but it really annoys me when people try to make it out like it's the apex of all human achievement. I'm glad you enjoy it and think it's well written, but it's not exactly James Joyce or Dostoyevsky.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, d w/ it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.