Mythos is a fast paced Action MMORPG by Flagship Studios
comprised of the creators of FATE. Initially created to test network code for Hellgate: London
, it was quickly decided that it was fun enough to be developed into a full-fledged game itself. Many beta testers actually considered the game to be better than Hellgate: London
The game was in beta phase, but due to financial and legal issues faced by Flagship Studios (involving a dispute with their Korean partner Hanbitsoftt) the game and its website have been shut down. After the closure of Flagship Studios, the Seattle team reformed and started Runic Games
, and has been developing the Action RPG, Torchlight
Mythos' development has since been continued by San Mateo based developer, Redbana, a subsidiary of T3 Entertainment, under the Korean MMO Publisher, Hanbitsoft.
European version of the game is being published by Frogster alongside Hanbitsoft. European Closed beta was launched on the 27th. of January 2011.
The standard gameplay is very "diabloesque" and hack n' slash players should feel right at home within minutes.
Following features have been announced so far:
- Quest system
- Crafting system.
- In game achievement system
It currently features the following classes and races:
- Bloodletter: Melee based fighter which also can also exploit corpses similarly to necromancers in other games.
- Gadgeteer: Uses grenades and turret pets against enemies. Also has skills which improve the use of guns.
- Pyromancer: Attacks with powerful magic flames. Has various other utility abilities.
In an interview before development of the game went on hiatus, one of the developers stated that a fourth class was being worked on. As they were still in the process of deciding what skills it would have, no further details were given.
- Satyr: Ancient race adept at magic
- Racial bonus: 20% poison resistance 3 mana
- Human: Young race with no particular strengths or weaknesses
- Racial bonus: 20% fire resistance 3 health
- Gremlin: Eccentric halflings with that live fast and loud
- Racial bonus: 20% electric resistance 11 hit bonus
- Cyclops: Hulking one-eyed creatures with great strength and size
- Racial bonus: 20% ice resistance 4 defence
However the game may have changed due to a new development team.