Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

The newest installment of the Naruto fighting games. Featuring over 70 characters from Part I & Part II.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations: Demo impressions

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

Edited By Mikey2D

I'm a fan of the naruto anime series and own both the two previous entries in the ultimate ninja storm series. Besides having some of the longest game names I can think of - I've always enjoyed the series due to its slick graphic style and simple to get into yet intracate for those willing to give it some thought combat style. A friend of mine let me know the demo for the third entry into the series was out so I thought i'd give it a look.

Overall - the game feel very much like the first two. In some ways not alot has changed in my opinion. Where as the jump from the first game to the second mirrored the jump between the original naruto series and later naruto shippuden series. The third is set to re-tell ALL the story from both original naruto and naruto shippuden. To it's credit there were a few characters / stories that were missed out from the first and second game entries telling of the story. But part of me feels that due to this being a combo of effectively the first two games in the franchise there won't be all that much to be added that will really warrant a totally new game.

It would have been nice to see the second game maybe get some DLC - be it characters or even a new story chapter to play through - most other franchises of today are more then happy to jump on the DLC band wagon, so why not Naruto?

No Caption Provided

The demo offers you three fights - in which you play as Naruto...Naruto and....Naruto. If you haven't seen all the anime - there are some spoilers so - be warned. Combat wise - the game feels much the same. I was VERY happy to see there is now a limit on the extremely over used substituion jutsu which saw your character disappear and reappear away from the enemies attack. There is now a bar in place that assures that this is not over used. It was one of the greater banes of playing online when someone would simply sit and tap block to substitute out of all your attacks (it was a very cheap tactic).

I did see some new moves in place dependant on which timeframe of the story your naruto was in - that was a nice touch.

I found the demo unfortunately to be a bit lack luster - i wish they would of mixed it up and let us play a section which also offered insight into the quicktime events which had some great in game cutscenes in the previous games - i guess they'll be something to look forward to in the final release.

At the end of the day - it's another game in the naruto ultimate ninja storm series - i enjoyed the first two - so no doubt i will enjoy the third. I just feel that for what it's worth - a bit more innovation could have been made. It's a demo - so they could add some nice surprises into the finished product but for now i'm left feeling somewhat excited - but not exactly leaping out of my seat.

How did everyone else find the demo? :)

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mikey2D

I'm a fan of the naruto anime series and own both the two previous entries in the ultimate ninja storm series. Besides having some of the longest game names I can think of - I've always enjoyed the series due to its slick graphic style and simple to get into yet intracate for those willing to give it some thought combat style. A friend of mine let me know the demo for the third entry into the series was out so I thought i'd give it a look.

Overall - the game feel very much like the first two. In some ways not alot has changed in my opinion. Where as the jump from the first game to the second mirrored the jump between the original naruto series and later naruto shippuden series. The third is set to re-tell ALL the story from both original naruto and naruto shippuden. To it's credit there were a few characters / stories that were missed out from the first and second game entries telling of the story. But part of me feels that due to this being a combo of effectively the first two games in the franchise there won't be all that much to be added that will really warrant a totally new game.

It would have been nice to see the second game maybe get some DLC - be it characters or even a new story chapter to play through - most other franchises of today are more then happy to jump on the DLC band wagon, so why not Naruto?

No Caption Provided

The demo offers you three fights - in which you play as Naruto...Naruto and....Naruto. If you haven't seen all the anime - there are some spoilers so - be warned. Combat wise - the game feels much the same. I was VERY happy to see there is now a limit on the extremely over used substituion jutsu which saw your character disappear and reappear away from the enemies attack. There is now a bar in place that assures that this is not over used. It was one of the greater banes of playing online when someone would simply sit and tap block to substitute out of all your attacks (it was a very cheap tactic).

I did see some new moves in place dependant on which timeframe of the story your naruto was in - that was a nice touch.

I found the demo unfortunately to be a bit lack luster - i wish they would of mixed it up and let us play a section which also offered insight into the quicktime events which had some great in game cutscenes in the previous games - i guess they'll be something to look forward to in the final release.

At the end of the day - it's another game in the naruto ultimate ninja storm series - i enjoyed the first two - so no doubt i will enjoy the third. I just feel that for what it's worth - a bit more innovation could have been made. It's a demo - so they could add some nice surprises into the finished product but for now i'm left feeling somewhat excited - but not exactly leaping out of my seat.

How did everyone else find the demo? :)

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Shadow

It's good to see they've solved that substitution juts issue. People using turbo controllers made the online totally unplayable

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By NMC2008

$20.00 or less, no "real" story mode shot my interest down from 100% to 10%. I loved the Ubi games and the previous UNS games(part 2 moreso) for their story modes not the fighting, so they took out the fun and left the mess in my opinion, no thanks.

I thought the demo was fun btw, but again, I don't like the fighting system that much, especially since they took out the dramatic QTE moments(I heard from people who have the game).

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By drac96

@NMC2008: I think those QTE's were only in the story mode boss battles to begin with.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

So is this supposed to be the reboot of the Naruto series, where stupid modern Naruto gets to hang out with past Naruto, and they go through all the best parts of the Naruto franchise for some reason?

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By NMC2008

@drac96:

Yep, they were, and they took em out of this story mode(again, from what I have heard, I am not 100% on this as it could be a mistake), all we get are stills and some voice work and some videos, so we get to watch the story I guess, but I liked playing the story, running around, finding stuff, doing mini games, doing tasks and fighting the bosses. I think I will play UNS 1 today.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Looking forward to getting this game.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Vexxan

Good to see they fixed the substitution stuff, playing online was terrible.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mikey2D

So wait they've really not got a decent story mode in this? That's the first i've heard about it :/ that's a big disappointment :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.