Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Game Plus

Concept »

A mode that allows a game to be replayed after a first completion, carrying over items, experience, weapons, and other elements from the first playthrough.

What are your favorite New Game Pluses?

• 60 results
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@benspyda said:

@yummylee: In RE2, I'm pretty sure playing both the A and B stories in NG+ had the true endings and different story events throughout. Things like the terminator guy starts coming after you and such.

There is no NG+, least not in how how we perceive it these days. You have your A scenario for both Leon & Claire, and upon completing it with one unlocks the B scenario for the other, which shows you their side of the story upon escaping from the other side of the car wreck. It ultimately gives you the true ending, with new areas not seen in the A scenario, and the 'terminator guy' like you mentioned will show up during scripted moments in the game as well. It's basically like a remixed version of the A scenario, since a lot of it still mostly plays out the same. However, like I originally queried, I don't know if it really counts as a NG+ because you're not carry over anything, and the B scenarios are still different enough--with you progressing through the game differently as well--that they feel like their own separate thing rather than a continuation of the A scenarios.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Fez. It completely changes how you think about the puzzles in that game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@yummylee:

They sort of carry over, don't they? You can do things in the A scenario that affect how things play out in the B.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Any games that has them. There are a few games out there that should have them, but don't. Tomb Raider, BioShock: Infinite, and Saints Row IV to name a few.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#55  Edited By Yummylee

@video_game_king said:

@yummylee:

They sort of carry over, don't they? You can do things in the A scenario that affect how things play out in the B.

That is true. There's of course deciding whether you want to leave the sidepack and/or submachine gun for the other character to collect, and if you leave the Marvin Branagh zombie alive, he'll persist in the alternate character's B scenario. Then there's that handprint scanning door, too... Yeah, sure, I guess you could say RE2's B scenario counts as a rather unorthodox NG+ mode. Never even really occurred to me at looking at it that way to be honest.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Surprised Dead Rising hasn't been mentioned yet. Or does that not count?

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I almost never play a game after I've finished it so the only time I can even remember doing it was with Fez, and it's because it felt like the first ending was actually just a mid-break on the way to the actual finish. Which it also was.

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You know, SMB and Legend of Zelda's NG+ are worth mentioning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most Resident Evil Games, Every Metal Gear Solid game and Dead Rising 2 to name a few.

Though most of them are just "Start over with better weapons" I really enjoyed playing them over and over again.

bgdiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I guess it's an nontraditional form of NG+, but I loved how Alpha Protocol let you become a total badass with skills on a new game (if you played Recruit one time I think). I love the game anyway, just because of its global spy-vibe and variety of missions, but that NG+ type feature really sealed the deal for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.