Zero Punctuation + Nier

#1 Posted by fox01313 (5074 posts) -
#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Video added for the lazy. 

#3 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

Yeah I posted about this int he thread below (just a link) but I think he made valid points. He didn't say it was utter crap, but it isn't great, it's neh.. XD

#4 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Honestly if Yahtzee can't even take a complete dump on a game like this anymore he's gotten too soft.

#5 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

This is probably the most positive he's ever been about a jrpg.

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I actually laughed. Haven't done that in a while for one of his videos...

#7 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Ok, that was funny.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@august said:
" This is probably the most positive he's ever been about a jrpg. "
I know its creepy right? Its fully because the main guy wasnt some teenage with emo hair and all that. 
#9 Posted by Jeust (10676 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Honestly if Yahtzee can't even take a complete dump on a game like this anymore he's gotten too soft. "
maybe because it has some quality in it, even if you can't see it on a quick look. :p
#10 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

Yes,Yahtzee has gotten pretty soft,but he is still great.He is amusing,and above all-entertaining.
#11 Edited by aafie (51 posts) -

He couldn't have picked an easier target, the game is poor but not laughably so, profoundly average... it was like full tilt concentrated meh. It didn't fail spectacularly, it didn't do anything spectacularly, it just treaded a fairly old path surrounded by those who do it better or more creatively... Actually, kinda like Yahtzee himself... Just sayin'...

#12 Posted by fox01313 (5074 posts) -

I think that on it's own that Nier might have had some better reception to the public but it's that whole Square Enix thing that just makes it look like it was done by some offshoot branch of SE or they just threw a small percentage of $$ at making this compared to what they do with FF series.

#13 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Yahtzee is a tool, it's a shame people still watch him.

#14 Edited by aafie (51 posts) -
@fox01313: I think it may have sold a little better, but truthfully, I really wanted to give Nier a fair shake because I thought they had an interesting world and premise. But the gameplay.... just sucked my will to live.
#15 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @august said:
" This is probably the most positive he's ever been about a jrpg. "
I know its creepy right? Its fully because the main guy wasnt some teenage with emo hair and all that.  "
it's very strange. but it had to happen eventually. XD
#16 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

This was a pretty decent review from him, probably the closest thing to a traditional review that he done so far.

#17 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1120 posts) -

Well, TheEscapist site is down at the moment for maintenance... I'll be sure to check it out once the site is up again.

#18 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -
@Cube said:
" Yahtzee is a tool, it's a shame people still watch him. "
how is he a tool? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.