So I bought one... please hit me with recommendations

#1 Posted by norenewalfee (108 posts) -

Ok so I bought the Super Mario 3d Land bundle (EU Version) and need recommendations... Looking at Mario Kart (never gets old) Metal Gear (though it supposedly sucks) and something else...

Please recommend me anything... Fire Emblem will not come out for a while I guess

#2 Posted by kurtbro900 (117 posts) -

Pushmo is all you need!

#3 Posted by norenewalfee (108 posts) -

F-ing PUSHMO!!! it´s called something else here in the old world tho´

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
#5 Posted by DeF (4777 posts) -

check out all the other threads asking for the same thing

there are some that are maybe a few weeks old ...

#6 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Devil Survivor if you want a super engrossing game. Super Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart if you really want to experience the 3D aspects of the system.

#7 Posted by RoxasXIII (144 posts) -

@norenewalfee: I never played Ocarina of Time when it originally came out cause I was kinda young and sucked at those games back then.. But the 3ds remake is great! they did a good job making it look a ton better than the original, and if you haven't played it then I highly recommend it! Unless you played the original already, then I would probably tell you its not worth it haha.

#8 Posted by norenewalfee (108 posts) -

I played the shit out of Ocarina of Time when it came out but thanks for the suggestion. I will probably get Pushmo and will be occupied with Super Mario 3d Land quite a bit...

#10 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -

I'll second Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. It's an incredibly fun tactical RPG and should be reasonably priced.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18891 posts) -

I heard the Circle Pad Pro helps a lot with MGS.

#12 Posted by JBG4 (385 posts) -

Ocarina of Time obviously. Also, I really liked Resident Evil Revelations, it reminded me in terms of atmosphere of the older RE games.

Also, like me, you could dive into the plethora of really good original DS RPG's or the Castlevania games. I'm working through some of those right now while waiting for more stuff I'm interested in 3 DS is released.

#13 Edited by MEATBALL (3019 posts) -

Kid Icarus (seriously, it is really really cool), Ocarina of Time, Pushmo, RE: Revelations (I don't think it's nearly as bad as Patrick in particular has made it out to be), Mario Kart 7 and Super Street Fighter IV are some of my favourites on the system.

#14 Edited by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -

Yeah, this is a question that pops up weekly it seems. I'm only answering it again because my choice for what game you should own has changed. Kid Icarus is fucking amazing, it's depressing that nobody else has said it yet. I've also been playing a bit of Rhythm Thief inbetween stupid amounts of Fez and that game is a ton of fun if you like the idea of playing Rhythm Heaven meets Layton.

#15 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Honestly, other than Mario 3D Land, nothing has really done it for me on the system. Ocarina is a great port. But, I have played that game quite a bit. It is not a bad system. It just needs more unique software.

Also, yeah that Pushmo was pretty damn good.

#16 Posted by Vextroid (1354 posts) -

Super Mario Land 3D, Mario Kart 7 and Pullblox.

All you ever need for awhile until an all new Zelda or Metroid.

Nintendo please announce a Metroid 3DS game.

#17 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

I really like Kid Icarus

#18 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (281 posts) -

Super Mario 3D Land, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Pushmo,

Probably, in my opinion, all you need right now.

#19 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3DS. It's actually the best version of that game, framerate issues aside, because the controls aren't designed by a crazy person.

#20 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

I'll second Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. It's an incredibly fun tactical RPG and should be reasonably priced.

And it will fill the void until we finally get Advance Wars 3D.

#21 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@kurtbro900 said:

Pushmo is all you need!

It's called Pullblox in Europe. If you're having trouble finding it.

Also Mario Kart and Ocarina of Time are really must haves.

#22 Posted by BasketSnake (1153 posts) -

If only we could get some US / EU gb kart nights going or something. Goddamn that wuhu mountain glitch. And fuck Nintendo for not patching it. Thing is the players tend to choose that level to glitch and boos their stats so at least 2 or 3 players pick that track. It's chosen often enough and it's so annoying. I feel forced to glitch myself just to stand a chance at that fucking track. Other than that the game is a blast.

#23 Edited by Bollard (5203 posts) -

@BasketSnake said:

If only we could get some US / EU gb kart nights going or something. Goddamn that wuhu mountain glitch. And fuck Nintendo for not patching it. Thing is the players tend to choose that level to glitch and boos their stats so at least 2 or 3 players pick that track. It's chosen often enough and it's so annoying. I feel forced to glitch myself just to stand a chance at that fucking track. Other than that the game is a blast.

Yeah I just use it too. Is messed up but no point in harming my own chances just to play "fair". Especially if Nintendo refuse to patch it, its fair game IMO

EDIT: Should also point out I don't vote for the track though, obviously.

#24 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -
#25 Edited by Shaanyboi (1256 posts) -

Ghost Recon is an awesome Turn-Based Strategy game. Plus it's pretty cheap now.

RE: Revelations is alright, though you may want the Circle Pad for that. Not necessary, but... ehhh...

I've heard very good things about Kid Icarus.

There are demos for RE/MGS on the eShop. Give those a look. I wasn't exactly won over by the MGS demo... may as well get the HD compilation...

#26 Posted by zakn (55 posts) -

I got my 3ds a week ago. all good advice here. Really digging Icarus and Marioland 3d.

#27 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus.

#28 Posted by BasketSnake (1153 posts) -

I completed Mario Land 100% at 23hr6mins just now. I'll admit I think that last hidden level was really tough. I got two leaves, saved the game and if I died I rebooted the game to try again as "the coon". Anyone else done it?

#29 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

@norenewalfee said:

Ok so I bought the Super Mario 3d Land bundle (EU Version) and need recommendations... Looking at Mario Kart (never gets old) Metal Gear (though it supposedly sucks) and something else...

Please recommend me anything... Fire Emblem will not come out for a while I guess

Did you previously own a DS? cause then I would also recommend stuff like Kirby Mass Attack... but ya so for everyone has listed whats great.

#30 Posted by norenewalfee (108 posts) -

@BlatantNinja23: Yeah I did though I never had a lot of games for it. Only New Super Mario Brothers, Castlevania and Picross 3d (soooo addictive)

#31 Posted by Sogeman (862 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.