Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

This is going to revive the Pokemon TCG

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Imagine it, you pop down a card on your table and a Charizard appears! Your buddy pops down his own card, OHNOES ITS A BLASTOISE ON MY COFFEE TABLE. BATTLLLLLLLLLE 

I, for one, as a 23 year old male of questionable masculinity, am looking forward to seeing this happen.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#2  Edited By Soap

this.... needs to happen.  

make it so /picard.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sayishere

oh wow, i would love that to happen 

i bet it totally does happen ;D

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By KarlPilkington

I want it to actual scale.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nick_verissimo
    @Chabbs0 said:
    " I want it to actual scale. "
    That would get me to play it.
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dingofighter

Okay, that sounds really cool. 
    Pokemon Stadium in the real world, who would have thought that could actually be real when they first played that game!? 

You need to get this idea to Nintendo right now. If they won't listen, do it yourself and start raking in the cash!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

I remember something like this existing on the PS3, I think it died pretty quick. 

With the Pokemon name behind this idea however... All I see is win.

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By bulletstorm

we / I don't know a lot about the AR card reader BUT I wouldn't say it wouldn't revive the TCG because they'd need to make cards specifically for the game so it'd be a different thing entirely... also, dunno if the AR readers can do 2 cards at once? Personally I love the idea, i also just see some possible technical / gameplay issues. like. if a card is moved the whole game stops? And like idk.  

Rather than have a specific card for every pokemon. It seems more realistic to have a single card for each player, and the 6 pokemon on each's 3DS cartridge would be generated over that card.  There'd probably also be some regulated card-table, seeing how the cards would need to be spaced apart a specific way for the moves to work.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @BulletStorm said:
    " we / I don't know a lot about the AR card reader BUT I wouldn't say it wouldn't revive the TCG because they'd need to make cards specifically for the game so it'd be a different thing entirely... also, dunno if the AR readers can do 2 cards at once? Personally I love the idea, i also just see some possible technical / gameplay issues. like. if a card is moved the whole game stops? And like idk.   Rather than have a specific card for every pokemon. It seems more realistic to have a single card for each player, and the 6 pokemon on each's 3DS cartridge would be generated over that card.  There'd probably also be some regulated card-table, seeing how the cards would need to be spaced apart a specific way for the moves to work. "
    I'm not sure if there's a limit on how many cards the thing can read at one time, but it's definitely possible to have the 3DS read all the cards it comes with at once. 
    The Pokemon decks themselves already come with playmats that show you were to place the cards..  Obviously none of the older cards would work with it, but all the newer sets could easily take advantage of this. 

It's just a shame they missed the opportunity with the new Black & White set that's releasing soon.
    Eversoranimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Eversoranimus

I'm just waiting for them to do a yu-gu-oh game like that so that my friends will shut up about it.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Oh and speaking of reviving the TCG, you guys should check this out if you haven't already. 
    http://www.pokemontcg.com/   

They just launched a version you can play online with pre-contsructed decks against a series of AI opponents..  It's pretty simple but a deck builder and player vs player options are coming later and t it's free to play.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Shaanyboi

that'd be great...

Speaking of which though, I can't wait to get the GBC Pokemon TCG when they get that eShop going :P   That thing taught me how to ACTUALLY play that fucking card game...

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @BulletStorm: The AR reader can pick up a ton of cards. It comes with 7 or so? and you can lay them all out on a table and have them pop up. And you can move them around no problem. In fact I've had Kirby pop up before I've even finished placing the card at one point. 

Also I don't know for definite, but surely Nintendo can programme a bit of software to recognise the current cards and slap that on a cartridge. 

@Shaanyboi: OHGODYES, that game was amazing. On par with the main series, definitely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.