Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Skies of Arcadia being made for the Nintendo DS

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

Okay, it isn't quite Skies of Arcadia but it does have a lot of similarities.  Anyways, this game is called Nostalgia.  You get to do some cool stuff like battle in airships custom build it.

In addition, the game is being developed by Matrix Software.  Here is some history on the company's previously developed games.

Game PlatformGame Rankings
     Alundra Sony Playstation
    85% (Out of 11 reviews)
     Alundra 2
     Sony Playstation
    70% (out of 24 reviews)
    Final Fantasy 3
    Nintendo DS
    77% (out of 50 reviews)
    Final Fantasy 4
    Nintendo DS
    85% (out of 52 reviews)
    Avalon Code
    Nintendo DS
    73% (out of 73 reviews)

Take a quick look at the Website.

http://www.nostalgiads.com/

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Cerza

Blast you and your thread title! Why did you have to get my hopes up like that only to smash them like delicate crystal? ::sighs::

And yea I know about Nostalgia. When I saw the trailer for it at E3 my immediate reaction was "this looks just like Skies of Arcadia." Since I loved Skies back on the DC and GC I have been keeping a close eye on Nostalgia. It could be good, but it could also be bad. Matrix Software has a hit or miss record with me.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Godwind
    @Cerza said:
    " Blast you and your thread title! Why did you have to get my hopes up like that only to smash them like delicate crystal? ::sighs::And yea I know about Nostalgia. When I saw the trailer for it at E3 my immediate reaction was "this looks just like Skies of Arcadia." Since I loved Skies back on the DC and GC I have been keeping a close eye on Nostalgia. It could be good, but it could also be bad. Matrix Software has a hit or miss record with me. "
    I am quite excited personally for this game.  A skies of arcadia  would rule.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

Jerk. I thought we were getting yet another great RPG on top of all the stuff on the DS already. 

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Pazy

I saw the trailer for this and im hoping its as good as Skies of Arcadia seems to be (since ive never played it). Im actually glad its not Skies of Arcadia DS so I can actually enjoy whatever story is there since I havent played Skies of Arcadia and dont see myself getting a chance to soon.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jimbo
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By iamjohn

FUCK YOU AND YOUR MISLEADING THREAD TITLE YOU ASSHOLE. >:|!!!!!!!!!!

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ThomasP

They had a nice write-up about this game in the latest issue of Nintendo Power. It  does look promising, but I doubt I'll make the purchase. Too many other games I'd rather purchase at this time.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Godwind
    @Pazy said:
    " I saw the trailer for this and im hoping its as good as Skies of Arcadia seems to be (since ive never played it). Im actually glad its not Skies of Arcadia DS so I can actually enjoy whatever story is there since I havent played Skies of Arcadia and dont see myself getting a chance to soon. "
    Do have a Wii or Gamecube or a Dreamcast?  You can play the game on that.  You'll need to use the Wii's backwards compatibility with gamecube games though.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Pazy
    @Godwind said:
    " @Pazy said:
    " I saw the trailer for this and im hoping its as good as Skies of Arcadia seems to be (since ive never played it). Im actually glad its not Skies of Arcadia DS so I can actually enjoy whatever story is there since I havent played Skies of Arcadia and dont see myself getting a chance to soon. "
    Do have a Wii or Gamecube or a Dreamcast?  You can play the game on that.  You'll need to use the Wii's backwards compatibility with gamecube games though. "

Oh ye ive got them but I have no money to buy the game lol the pricing on Ebay seems slightly erratic (£60 or £18?). Im looking around for some more information on the game, all I really know is its a DC RPG involving airships and is highly praised, and if it seems up my street (and after ive finished the 4 jRPG's I have on he go) then ill probably.

What is it you love about it so much? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.