Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NVIDIA Corporation

Company »

NVIDIA specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies. Based in Santa Clara, California, the company’s most notable products include the GeForce GPU’s for gaming and the Quadro series for graphics processing on professional basis.

Nvidia introduces new install features to drivers

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/detonator-drivers-beta-install-fermi,11292.html  

Along with performance increases across the board for the GTX 480 and GTX 460, the latest beta drivers also introduce 3 new features during driver install. You can also wait for the WHQL drivers which should be coming in ~2 weeks as per their regular schedule.   

Express Install: installs quickly with main functions
    Custom Install: Allows you to choose what to install (PhysX, 3D etc.) 

The most exciting is:  

Clean Install: Completely removes previous driver and installs after that. They claim that this will have the same effect as using programs such as Driver Sweeper. Those of us that have been using Driver Sweeper for a long time will probably be quite happy with this function.  

They also said that speed of installation was increased overall. 
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

Excellent news. The driver update process needed to be streamlined, or at least have more options like these.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By matt

Oh wow! Clean Install sounds great.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By unchained

Whoa! This is incredible timing for me. I was just about to pull the trigger on an upgrade from my gtx285 to a gtx480. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

Might have to upgrade my 9800GTX now...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.