Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jan 25, 2005

A spin-off of the Oddworld series, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath attaches an unrelated shooter to the beloved franchise as players undertake the role of a mysterious bounty hunter known as Stranger, who seeks to make a living in Oddworld's rugged West.

Anyone try out the HD remake yet?

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Thoseposers

I just realized that today is the day that Stranger's Wrath HD comes out, anyone try it out yet? what're your thoughts? I played the xbox version back in the day and tried to play the oddbox version but it doesn't like my computer so i'm pumped to finally be able to play it again soon :D

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EightBitShik

No I haven't. I was with my roommate at Best buy and saw a movie that had the exact same cover art for this but was a human. I wish I could remember the movie because it was 100% identical.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Timing

Yes dude! It's great, aside from the voices sometimes cutting out. It plays just like I remember and for the work they've obviously put into it (they've made it very pretty) the price is very fair.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Timing:

That sounds great, too bad about the voices cutting out though. Still I might have to pick this up instead of just playing the original.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fetchfox
    @Timing Sounds pretty good, might finally play this game.
    Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timing

Oh and they've added subtitles too, which is not that necessary anymore since they also greatly improved the audio quality of the voices (which was horrible in the original version). Thing is, the subtitles often don't match what's being said at all which makes it seem kind of sloppy but also unintentionally funny.

Don't let those two negative points influence your decision though. They're really minor and the game itself is still great.

Chontamenti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chontamenti

I had no Xbox so i bought it for my PS3, and it's brilliant.

I like my lively ammunition. :D

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Timing said:

Yes dude! It's great, aside from the voices sometimes cutting out. It plays just like I remember and for the work they've obviously put into it (they've made it very pretty) the price is very fair.

What is the price?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By McGhee

Man I loved this game back on the original XBOX. It was a fun and unique game and had some of the best graphics I'd seen up to that point. I think I'll pick this up when I've cleared out my current game backlog.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TentPole

@Doctorchimp: $15 I think.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Timing

@Doctorchimp said:

@Timing said:

What is the price?

• US$14.99
    • £9.99
    • €12.99
    • AUS$18.25
    • NZ$24.90

See also the official Oddworld.com page for more information.

Oh and keep in mind that the game's 3.2GB big, which is also supposedly part of the reason why it's not on XBLA. Since my PS3 downloads way slower than my 360 for some reason, it took me all night to download it. Totally worth it though.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Timing: Jeez. Did they add anything to the PS3 version to make it definitive?

It's on Steam for 2 bucks.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Timing

@Doctorchimp: Well as it says on the page I linked they've completely remodelled and retextured many parts of the game, and as a result it really does look quite good. They've also hidden a few secrets in it, added two difficulty modes (the original only had 'normal', this also has easy and hard) and gave the game 37 Trophies (including a platinum one). Oh and some unlockable concept art and movies but I don't think many people really care for those.

I should say though, that they're planning on adding all of this to the PC version in a free update, but that will likely take around three months.

Here's the trailer to give you an impression of what it looks like

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By solidejake

It is just as amazing as I remember it being.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60

Is this HD version the PC version? Or is it PS3 only?

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By cinemandrew

@Doctorchimp: The PC version is a port of the original xbox version. It's standard definition, and to my knowledge has not been updated in any way. I'm pretty sure it was released about a year ago.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@CL60: The PC version will be getting the HD update for free in the following months, they mentioned it would arrive a few months after the PS3 version.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By spankingaddict

I'm a little late , but yes I bought it and it's surprisingly fantastic . I wasn't sure if I wanted to get it cause I bought it on steam for like 2 bucks and it's really buggy(barely played it) , but I picked it up thanks to it being $5 off for PS+ members . It looks gorgeous ! I always wanted to play it back on the xbox , but my brother sold his xbox just before I wanted to try it . I really wished they had it on Xbox Live , but now it's available on psn and everyone who hasn't played it PLEASE GIVE IT A SHOT . I'm raving about it , and I still haven't finished it .

Does anyone know when the Abe's Odyssey remake releases or know anything about it ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.