Ogre is a final boss character from the Tekken franchise, who first appeared in Tekken 3. His subsequent appearances are in tag-team fighting games such as Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken TAG Tournament.
Ogre is known as the God of Fighting. A Native American legend states that Ogre is a war weapon which creatures from outer space left on Earth in ancient times. Ogre can understand entire structures of all living or artificial beings, allowing him to absorb them, making him stronger. He wonders to Earth looking for strong souls to absorb (as seen in Tekken 3 when you defeat him. He either absorbs Heihachi Mishima or Jin Kazama depending on who you use).
Heihachi is after Ogre in order to combine its DNA with the Devil Gene and use it on himself. Ogre is unlocked as a playable character in Tekken 3 when you beaten the game 8 times.
In his non-canonical Tekken 3 ending, Ogre transforms into True Ogre and bursts through the temple that the final battle takes place in and destroys attacking Helicopters. He is then seen breathing fire and roaring as the temple burns around him.
Tekken TAG Tournament
Ogre differs very little from his appearance in Tekken 3. His ending shows him readying to finish a defeated Jin Kazama, only to drop him when confronted by the game's final boss, Unknown. Ogre will not appear in Tekken TAG Tournament 2, but his more powerful form, True Ogre will.
Street Fighter X Tekken
Ogre is the Tekken boss in the 2D Capcom developed Street Fighter X Tekken. The main storyline, which revolves around the Pandora Box is said to be related to the same alien species which created Ogre. Ogre and Akuma are the first to arrive in the Antarctica to lay claim on the object.
- Was defeated by Paul Phoenix in Tekken 3.
- Though in game he does not have gravity defying moves he is shown to levitate in pre-fight or winning sequences.
- Ogre is thought to have killed several Tekken characters (like Baek, King 1) as he mimics some of their moves.
- In the Japanese version Ogre is written as Toshin.
- Ogre also appears in Namco X Capcom.
- The reason why Tekken 3 was announced by Heihachi is to attract Ogre in participating in the tournament.
True Ogre is every character's final boss in Tekken 3. Once Orge is defeated by the player in Tekken 3 he will absorb Heihachi Mishima's body to evolve to True Ogre. However if you are using Heihachi he will absorb Jin Kazama's body instead. True Ogre also has all of Ogre's moves and retains the same fighting style with some added moves. He is playable in Tekken 3 if you have beaten the game 9 times. True Ogre is also playable in Tekken Tag Tournament and is also confirmed for Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
True Ogre's appearance is that of something barely a human. Ogre has dark brown fur, a large frame, a monstrous, tails, wings and horns. Instead of having a right arm it is instead replaced by a giant snake. In Tekken Tag Tournament 2 the appearance of the giant snake in his right arm is replaced by a group of small snakes entwined together.
- True Ogre could not speak unlike Ogre. It only roars.
- Ogre was defeated by Paul Phoenix but True Ogre was slain by Jin Kazama.
- In Tekken 3 if either character is True Ogre, the background of the stage is surrounded in darkness.
- True Ogre is the boss in the Tekken 5 side game Devil Within in levels 3 and 5. After being defeated in Level 5 it will morph into "Monstrous Ogre".