Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ōkami

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 18, 2006

Ōkami is an action-adventure game in which the goddess Amaterasu restores life and beauty to a world that has been taken over by malevolent beings through the power of celestial calligraphy techniques.

Okami - PS2 or Wii version?

• 56 results
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i've played them both and they're both good, the only difference is that in the wii version i hate when i'm running all fast and then i move my arm for whatever reason and it makes me dash or something slowing me down. i do like being able to draw faster with the wii remote though. they're pretty even i think

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Klei

I think the TC has moved on with his life. Maybe he is now a grandfather of eight.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PS2 if only because the control-scheme in the Wii version can be a little cumbersome.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By JasonR86
    @Kowalski:

I've only played the Wii version so I can only base my comparison's visually and not control-wise.  However, I really did enjoy the controls of the Wii-version.  Like any Wii game, the controls occasionally glitched from time to time but this didn't happen often enough to bother me.

Where I can really see a difference, as a person who has only seen the PS2 version from screenshots and online videos, is in the visual presentation.  Originally, Okami was made to look like a water painting.  So, on the PS2 version there was a heavy screen filter that made the screen look like canvas and the colors were washed out.  On the Wii version, the screen filter is there but is much more subtle and the colors are much more vibrant.  I've heard that the textures had been improved as well but I can't say whether that is true or not.  So, if you would want the game to look more like a water painting then you would probably want the PS2.  But, if you want an overall better looking game but less stylized then the Wii version (which runs in 480p and, I think, 16x9 but I could be wrong about widescreen) is the better choice.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Contro

Go for the PS2 version.

No Caption Provided
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By CharleyTony

This thread should be changed to: "Should I play Okami on the PS3, Wii or PS2?"

and I would love to get an answer to that question (before buying it for a 3rd time).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.