Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overlord II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

The sequel to Overlord, this is a unique and strategic Adventure game that allows control of an Overlord character who possesses mischief-making, loyal minions that bid his doing of evil or good.

Demo is out.

spiderworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By spiderworm

Demo for Overlord II is now on Xbox Live (for Gold members at the moment) and on the Playstation Network (for everyone)

It's a tutorial type demo, with only the brown minions. Getting close to the release of the full version now :D

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

Awesome, I'll check it out now.

Thanks for the info!
    tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By tactis

I liked the demo seems like the last game with some improvements still got the same humor going for it so I am sold at least!!

SolidestChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SolidestChimp

never played overlord 1 but just played the demo and i like it a lot but can you walk around like in fable 2  or do you just do missions ?

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By galiant

While I enjoyed the setting, humor and the overall "Dungeon Keeper" feel I get from it, the demo for Overlord II got me disappointed in the same way the first Overlord did. The game play doesn't feel very sharp, it's clumsy and awkward in many ways. That's what made me not finish the first game, I eventually got sick of the controls.

I played it on the PS3, if it matters.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun
    @SolidestChimp said:
    " never played overlord 1 but just played the demo and i like it a lot but can you walk around like in fable 2  or do you just do missions ? "
    If it's anything like the first one then there will be several different connected zones which you can also warp to from your citadel. While you can go back to them after you have cleared them out for the story there isn't much incentive to unless you're looking for hidden items or collectibles.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay, thanks for the info, I might check it out tommorrow 

spiderworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spiderworm

I agree that the controls still aren't perfect. Not noticing any huge improvements from the first game, still if the story and humor is anything like the first one this will be awsome :) Going to buy it on release. Not that many games out this summer.

Damolition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Damolition

The demo for Overlord 2 is much more combat focused then the demo for the original. I'm even more excited.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Played the demo.  Loved it.  If the controls turned you off of the last game, then they'll probably do the same for the sequel because I didn't notice any changes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.