Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Patapon

Franchise »

The Patapon Franchise is a series of rhythm based strategy games developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan.

Patapon on the DS? Yes! Until the lawyers arrive :-(

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    (joystiq)
    (sorry, I have no idea how to embed)

No Caption Provided
    Anyone who has heard of PSP knows of 
    Patapon. It's one of the most popular titles on that platform and is quite a unique and engaging experience. But, what if you're a DS owner; how will you get in on the action? Well, seeing as Patapon is a first-party Sony title, you won't ever see it on DS ... not without the help of the homebrew community, anyhow.

Apparently, someone called E-eragon is working on a DS version of 
    Patapon, looking to upgrade the original title to include stylus controls. Tiny Cartridge discovered a clip of E-eragon's work (posted after the break), and though it doesn't look as smooth as the original, it is by far a rather good-looking copy. Check out the game before Sony slams the law book on this one.

How awesome is that?  Sony and their legal department are going to come down so hard on this dude.  Expect to never see this again  :-(  
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

I'd rather not play Patapon than play it on the DS. Doesn't work with two screens or touch screen.

Oh, and it looks bad.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @Red said:
    " I'd rather not play Patapon than play it on the DS. Doesn't work with two screens or touch screen.
    Oh, and it looks bad."
    No - it actually says that it uses stylus controls, but yes, one screen only.  The video also says it isn't the finished product, so that may explain the quality.

If it were not a Sony made game, like Loco Roco, they would be perfect games for the DS.  In fact they would be far superior to the PSP version in my opinion (I have Loco Roco, not Patapon).  It's an academic point anyway.  There is no way it will be finished.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pazy

Ive never actually played Patapon but as a free Homebrew game it feels like a good time to try it. Im glad someone has actually made more homebrew games for DS, it seems to be more apps and such. Not that I dont love apps, but im a gamer ;)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Patapon is a great game, on PSP, it's screen format lends well to the gameplay, the same cannot be said about a DS game. Sony's machine does also have better sound quality too ;)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Patapon is a great game, on PSP, it's screen format lends well to the gameplay, the same cannot be said about a DS game. Sony's machine does also have better sound quality too ;) "
    For me, I find the sound quality of the DS to be better than the PSP, but headphones cancels out everything anyway.

As for the game, I think as they are so much graphically emphasised, the game play is more suited to the DS touch screen and of course, some top action as well.  Moreso with Loco Roco.
    TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By TheKidNixon

Embedding for lazy people:

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @TheKidNixon said:
    " Embedding for lazy people:

"
    Thanks.  I'm not lazy - I am just incompetent  :-(

I tried doing what people say to do, but it doesn't work for me.  Give me a brief tutorial please?
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By RedSox8933
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @TheKidNixon said:
    " Embedding for lazy people:

"
    Thanks.  I'm not lazy - I am just incompetent  :-(

I tried doing what people say to do, but it doesn't work for me.  Give me a brief tutorial please?
    "
    click on the "html" on the toolbar right above the text box and then paste into that box that shows up.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By TheKidNixon
    @oldschool: Wasn't calling you lazy, was referring to the people who wouldn't click the link. They are actually out there.

And as Sox that are Red said, just click the HTML+ button and then take the embed line from YouTube and press post reply. It will look like a grey box, but once it posts, it will actually come up.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @TheKidNixon said:
    "@oldschool: Wasn't calling you lazy, was referring to the people who wouldn't click the link. They are actually out there.

And as Sox that are Red said, just click the HTML+ button and then take the embed line from YouTube and press post reply. It will look like a grey box, but once it posts, it will actually come up."
    I didn't think you were having a go at me, but I would have embedded it if I could.  I will try out your little advice next time and see if I get it right for a change.  Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.