Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Antec 900 and 1200 series cases

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VACkillers

does anyone own either of these cases, and if so, did either of you experience any problems when installing a PSU? i've noticed that the PSU goes at the bottom of the case for both PC Cases which i have to say is very odd, i've heard they wireing can be a major problem when fitting cards as big as the 9800GX2. Even though their really good for air-flow these cases i've also heard their a tight fit? can anyone elaberate more on these cases please?

thanks in advance

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Bloody_Harvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bloody_Harvest

I have an Antec 900 and a 9800 GX2.  It wouldn't fit at first, but there is a piece of plastic that would hold an optional fan you can easily snap off and it fits well.

I didn't have any problems with wiring.  I think its better to have it on the bottom, I didn't have to tie any cables back or anything.  This is only my first build but I imagine with my psu all the cables would be hanging down if it was up top.  I have them all resting on the bottom not interfering with anything.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Bloody_Harvest said:
    "I have an Antec 900 and a 9800 GX2.  It wouldn't fit at first, but there is a piece of plastic that would hold an optional fan you can easily snap off and it fits well.

I didn't have any problems with wiring.  I think its better to have it on the bottom, I didn't have to tie any cables back or anything.  This is only my first build but I imagine with my psu all the cables would be hanging down if it was up top.  I have them all resting on the bottom not interfering with anything."
    oh yeah, i forgot about the plastic piece of shit, i took it off the first day i got the case, and to be quite honest, i havn't see it since xD
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By agent_lost

yep you need to remove that plastic fan add on, oh did anyone used that other little plastic think that fix the GPU card on the Case

caption
    caption
    zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zeus_gb

The Antec 900 is quite a small case, I have problems fitting everything in mine.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VACkillers

thanks a lot for the comments guys.... i apreciate it a lot..... yeah i heard about that optional plastic thing for i think its the harddrive fan? that you can live without and i've noticed on other forums too people just generally take it off completely.... 

i am however thinking of getting 2 9800GX2s for QUAD SLI down the line so in your cases, do you think 2 of these huge cards would fit right moving the harddrive thing forward and removing the optional piece of plastic that gets in the way? I'm most likely going to go with a full tower case now but i do like the cooling stuff that comes stock with this case so im just wondering

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeadlyPain
    VACkillers said:
    "thanks a lot for the comments guys.... i apreciate it a lot..... yeah i heard about that optional plastic thing for i think its the harddrive fan? that you can live without and i've noticed on other forums too people just generally take it off completely.... 

i am however thinking of getting 2 9800GX2s for QUAD SLI down the line so in your cases, do you think 2 of these huge cards would fit right moving the harddrive thing forward and removing the optional piece of plastic that gets in the way? I'm most likely going to go with a full tower case now but i do like the cooling stuff that comes stock with this case so im just wondering"
    if your gonna sli, i would get the 1200, it has watercooling capabilities, and offers far better air cooling.

This shows the case with a 8800 GTX (Same size as the 9800) and it even still has the plastic shit still inside, so it shows the cases potentual.
    it even has plenty of space from the motherboard to the power supply, its VERY tight in the 900 - however the 900 is £40 cheaper :S

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Hamz

The Antec900 is a borderline full tower case, its a very tight squeeze when you get all the parts installed in it. I haven't seen the 1200 so i don't know if its any bigger or just a newer design or whatever. But generally the Antec900 is considered the "budget" gamers case because it has quite possibly the best airflow and cooling a case could have, the huge number of fans it can have is pretty good for multiple GPU setups assuming you can fit that into the case.

One thing i would note is the Antec900 can be noisy when its got every fan installed and running so if you're into silence when using you're PC you may want to look elsewhere.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Hamz said:
    One thing i would note is the Antec900 can be noisy when its got every fan installed and running so if you're into silence when using you're PC you may want to look elsewhere."

or you could try using a headset ;)
    Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Will1Lucky

I hear the 1200 sounds like a Hoover.....but is a damn good case.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By calf_exercises

man, I am using the 900, it is frigen awesome and I have had no troubles with either my PSU or my radeon 4870

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VACkillers
    Hamz said:
    "The Antec900 is a borderline full tower case, its a very tight squeeze when you get all the parts installed in it. I haven't seen the 1200 so i don't know if its any bigger or just a newer design or whatever. But generally the Antec900 is considered the "budget" gamers case because it has quite possibly the best airflow and cooling a case could have, the huge number of fans it can have is pretty good for multiple GPU setups assuming you can fit that into the case.

One thing i would note is the Antec900 can be noisy when its got every fan installed and running so if you're into silence when using you're PC you may want to look elsewhere."

Thanks a lot for that responce.... apreciated dude.... im not one of those looking into quiet cases, so long as it runs good, and everything fits im good lol....  but i am looking at a dual GPU setup on this thing tho, 2 9800GX2s.... why im wondering about the room constraints coz those are pretty beefy cards

DeadlyPain said:
    "VACkillers said:
    "thanks a lot for the comments guys.... i apreciate it a lot..... yeah i heard about that optional plastic thing for i think its the harddrive fan? that you can live without and i've noticed on other forums too people just generally take it off completely.... 

i am however thinking of getting 2 9800GX2s for QUAD SLI down the line so in your cases, do you think 2 of these huge cards would fit right moving the harddrive thing forward and removing the optional piece of plastic that gets in the way? I'm most likely going to go with a full tower case now but i do like the cooling stuff that comes stock with this case so im just wondering"
    if your gonna sli, i would get the 1200, it has watercooling capabilities, and offers far better air cooling.

This shows the case with a 8800 GTX (Same size as the 9800) and it even still has the plastic shit still inside, so it shows the cases potentual.
    it even has plenty of space from the motherboard to the power supply, its VERY tight in the 900 - however the 900 is £40 cheaper :S

"

thanks a lot for that info man..... i have definitely considered the antec 1200 as my possible case, but i am kind of restricted on price but i see how it all goes, dont think the 1200 is much more in dollors but i'll have to check.....
    Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I have an Antec 900 case for one of my comptuters, and fitting in large cards can be quite a squeeze. The CPU power cord from the PSU just barely fit into the mobo plug-in, due to the PSU being mounted on the bottom. I had 2 6800 Ultras in SLI, which are pretty big cards (not sure if they are as big/long as the 9800 GX2's, but I compared them with my 8800gt and they are the same length). In the end, everything went together well, and for a mid-tower case you can't beat the Antec 900. It comes with 2 120mm fans in the front, a 20cm fan at the top, and another 120mm fan in the back (and a spot on the side panel for another 120mm fan). The fans are also very quiet.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VACkillers

thanks colonal cool.... apreciate the advice and yes i used to have one of those 6800s aswell, currently stuck on a 7800 heh.... forgot how long those old 6800 cards were actually.... I think the 9800GX2s are about 12" in length i believe... something like that

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By serbsta

Nope, but i hear they can get quite annoying especially if you like to have a 'full' pc, so to speak.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.